FoxyNatalieWn

Why is real life profile picture small?

Question

10 answers to this question

It's small because that's the way it's designed -- it's a thumbnail. Who knows why?  It's also not designed to get any bigger simply by clicking on it, but I suppose that you could use software that is meant for people who are visually impaired, or you could do a screen capture and then enlarge the image in your image processing software (Photoshop, GIMP, CorelDraw, ....).

17 minutes ago, Qa Boa said:

Snarky replies don't really do anyone any good, fill these threads with useless scroll-fodder, and only make the commenter look really bad. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just presume that after your profile hunt for a genuine RL picture has been all miss and no hit that has gotten you into a grumpy mood, allow me to lift your spirits.

Now, now.  She wasn't being snarky. Only exaggerating a little bit.  A more accurate response would have been, "It's very hard to find many people who put a RL photo in their profiles, because most people are very cautious about spoofing or identity theft. You'll find that very many people post a cartoon or a photo of a pet or just leave that part of the profile blank."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Now, now.  She wasn't being snarky. Only exaggerating a little bit.  A more accurate response would have been, "It's very hard to find many people who put a RL photo in their profiles, because most people are very cautious about spoofing or identity theft. You'll find that very many people post a cartoon or a photo of a pet or just leave that part of the profile blank."

My RL photo is true, but you'll have to guess which of the two heavenly bodies is mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qa Boa said:

Precisely. Which is what makes the snarky one snarky. And with that said, I salute you for your candor. :)

She was being funny. Your definition of snark is wrong.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Nobody actually puts their Real Life picture there anyway.

Qa Boa.

Go ahead. Go look.

Snarky replies don't really do anyone any good, fill these threads with useless scroll-fodder, and only make the commenter look really bad. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just presume that after your profile hunt for a genuine RL picture has been all miss and no hit that has gotten you into a grumpy mood, allow me to lift your spirits.

11 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Precisely. Which is what makes the snarky one snarky. And with that said, I salute you for your candor. :)

On 11/21/2017 at 6:36 AM, Pamela Galli said:

She was being funny. Your definition of snark is wrong.

It contributed nothing to the thread, which makes it snarky. *Laughs*.

You have my permission to take the last word on the subject.

See what I did there? I was being funny, though, to everyone else, I suspect it will be considered snarky. :)