Swimming pool issue

alexier69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all

I think this maybe quite simple but I can't find a solution. I've got a fab DaD country pool in my rental and I bought an inflatable - sadly it won't float on the water - more than that I can't actually get it out of the water - is there anything I can do? I've added a photo to show the problem - thanks all. 

Snapshot_001.png

4 answers to this question

Getting it out of the water is easy. Just lower your camera below water level and select the floatie with right-click >> Take (or Edit and then move it around with the editor's arrows).

Making it float is much harder. Many floatable objects are designed to work either in Linden water or on artificial water.  If you are lucky, you'll find instructions that came with yours -- maybe a configuration code that you have to put in the object's description.  Otherwise, the only way that you'll get it to float in artificial water is to add a script that's designed for that purpose, and that will only be possible if you have MOD perms for the floatie. You should be able to find a freebie script for pool toys or rafts with a bit of Google searching or by asking in the Wanted forum.  It's a fairly common thing for beginning scripters to write.

• Like 1

Objects that are scripted to float on Linden Water will not float on "prim water", which is what you have in your pool.

What happens when you rez your pool toy?  Does it initially appear on the water surface and then sink to the bottom?  If so, it's a physical object, and affected by gravity.  Because the pool water is phantom, it does not impede the fall of the object.  Possible solution:  Right click and Edit the pool toy.  In the Object tab of the Edit window, uncheck the box "physical".  Now you should be able to edit the object's position to coincide with the surface of your pool water, and it will stay put.

On the other hand, if the object simply appears on the pool bottom when you rez it, it is likely NOT physical, but an ordinary prim.  Move your camera under the water surface, select the object, and just edit its position to be at the water surface.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.