Looking for a clear desciption.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A family friendly nude beach most likely doesn't have any sex furniture, so kids could be allowed there. That's why its called family friendly.

The OP's young looking friend got banned from a sex sim because there was sex furniture there and the sim owner didn't want to take any chances about being ARed.

*waiting for the thread to get locked*

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Scottie Chatterbox said:

So how many children do you see walking around a nude beach in the USA??

I really don't know where you get your information, but minors are most definitely allowed on nude beaches and nudist colonies in the U.S. 

Edited to remove much of my post as I hadn't seen the post by the Linden.

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Honestly, for us outsiders, most things in America are weird, not just these things. From the countries attitude to alcohol to that for nudity as we see expressed in this thread.

In many countries a child is likely to be taught how to consume alcohol responsibly from a very young age. And that includes drinking weatered down wine at the table for the main meal.  Likewise nudity is natural and nothing to be ashamed of.

I prefer the European ways I think, they are far less hysterical.

I'm American and I totally agree with you! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, JenLuvHewitt said:

I happen to have a SL family and I took my SL kids there thinking it was a safe place..  

Maybe not act like SL is RL?

Your "children" that you wanted to take to a safe place are really adult people who just happen to play as a child avatar on a platform that does not allow RL children on it because you know, adult content. (imo that is more questionable than being an anatomically correct adult on a nude beach) If your so afraid of anything sexual / children related, don't play SL as a child avatar while you are an adult. Not judging, if acting/playing as child is totally your thing, do it. But behind the keys they are adults, and its SL / internet, so expect some grey areas and expect the "child avatars" being RL adults that can handle themselves when a situation arises they are not comfortable with.

Oh, and the scripted genitals are by default only used by the owner. Unless you set it public. Your RL adult SL children have the option to not click on those genitals also. I asume they understand that if they play a child avatar they are not suposed to be clicking on cocks and *****'s right?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JackSinned said:

Your "children" that you wanted to take to a safe place are really adult people who just happen to play as a child avatar on a platform that does not allow RL children on it because you know, adult content.

Stalking the profiles, they are not even SL children. Just adults. OP is more like grandmother aged I think.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, JackSinned said:

Maybe not act like SL is RL?

Your "children" that you wanted to take to a safe place are really adult people who just happen to play as a child avatar on a platform that does not allow RL children on it because you know, adult content. (imo that is more questionable than being an anatomically correct adult on a nude beach) If your so afraid of anything sexual / children related, don't play SL as a child avatar while you are an adult. Not judging, if acting/playing as child is totally your thing, do it. But behind the keys they are adults, and its SL / internet, so expect some grey areas and expect the "child avatars" being RL adults that can handle themselves when a situation arises they are not comfortable with.

Oh, and the scripted genitals are by default only used by the owner. Unless you set it public. Your RL adult SL children have the option to not click on those genitals also. I asume they understand that if they play a child avatar they are not suposed to be clicking on cocks and *****'s right?

This! Just SO much THIS!!!! 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2017 at 9:14 AM, Scottie Chatterbox said:

So how many children do you see walking around a nude beach in the USA??

Please lets not use the USA as a benchmark for all things fine and dandy.  The rest of the world can cope with seeing female nipples without causing utter panic, rioting and looting or nude beaches for families in that place called real life.  As others have said, it might be a weird concept for you to accept but the rest of the world is NOT the USA can cope.

How about this gem for you, minimum age for alcohol consumption in the UK is 5 and guess what else?  We can cross the road anywhere without it being an offence too, woohoo!  Oh but wait, darn, I can't go and buy a gun and shoot someone.  Drat!  You win, USA is the benchmark afterall.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bradford Mint said:

Please lets not use the USA as a benchmark for all things fine and dandy.  The rest of the world can cope with seeing female nipples without causing utter panic, rioting and looting or nude beaches for families in that place called real life.  As others have said, it might be a weird concept for you to accept but the rest of the world is NOT the USA can cope.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
deleted to avoid the ire of the mods
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I assume you are leaving most of the muslim world out of your assessment Bradford. Because  some muslim males are so unstable they need to wrap their women in burkas, and on the beach burkinis.

I was on a flight once, traveling back from the Middle East and completely un-coincidentally happened to read a letter from a Western male, sent in to the agony aunt page in a magazine, He was completely stressed about the attention that his female partner attracted as she liked to go out in provocative clothing, mini skirts, revealing tops and so on.  What was completely evident was that his idea about modesty and his feelings were completely in line with the modesty practiced by those that you mention and yet in another breath he'd probably be ridiculing those practising extreme modesty in the Muslim world yet for the same reasons.  The chosen methods are more extreme but the basic principles are actually the same.  Just for reference, I completely believe in free choice but unless you've visited anywhere in the Middle East and had deeper exposure than the typical press representation of the region and it's beliefs, it's easy to take away an impression that isn't necessarily based on facts.

• Thanks 1

On 12.11.2017 at 10:26 PM, Scottie Chatterbox said:

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows exactly what Linden Labs considers a "Scripted Sexual Object". Is it only things rezed in world and not anything attached to a Avatar or what just really curious.

I don't know exactly but I can give some examples ot what they don't consider to be "scripted sexual objects".

A year or two ago, one of my friends - who had land in a G rated sim - got a new neighbor who decorated his land with a few thingies with animations in them. I can't remember it all but there was not one but two docks with sex aniamtions extending into (and partly blocking) the Linden waterway next to the parcel. There was also a garage/gas station thingy filled up with equipment more suitable for bondage than car repairs. And of course there was this sex container - a derelict cargo container with doors missing and a dirty matress and a duck inside. We never fund out what the duck was doing there and we probably don't want to know. There was a lot more of the same kind too but I can't remember everything and I guess everyody get the idea.

This installation was abuse reported by at least five people and nothing happened. So obviously all of those toys are perefectly ok for a G rated sim in LL's opinion.

(I have to add for the sake of completeness that my friend did not agree with LL and she was a real mainland survivor and knew how to get rid of unwelcome neighbors. As soon as it was clear that there was no help to get from LL, she applied her own neighbor repellant and the whole problem vanished in less than a week.)

Just wanted to update you guys on this whole thing. This is what you are saying is allowed and totally ok with a sim that allows child avatars and nudity. Don't worry I filled a report to both LL and the staff, but the staff did nothing. The female has a sex toy attached to her leg and the man has a semi-erection on his attached genitalia.

Edited by Solo Linden
Images in violation of Second Life forum policies.

9 minutes ago, Scottie Chatterbox said:

Just wanted to update you guys on this whole thing. This is what you are saying is allowed and totally ok with a sim that allows child avatars and nudity. Don't worry I filled a report to both LL and the staff, but the staff did nothing. The female has a sex toy attached to her leg and the man has a semi-erection on his attached genitalia.

While all of that is allowed in a Moderate sim, it is NOT ALLOWED to post pictures in the forum showing male genitalia, so you either need to remove the picture or black out the male parts.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While all of that is allowed in a Moderate sim, it is NOT ALLOWED to post pictures in the forum showing male genitalia, so you either need to remove the picture or black out the male parts.

This  

• Nudity or Adult Content: Keep the content of your postings “General” as provided in the Maturity Guidelines. Postings that do not comply with the “General” rating may be removed.
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Scottie Chatterbox said:

the man has a semi-erection on his attached genitalia.

where?

.. if that's a semi erection i bet it will be a huge disapointment when getting "there" ...

but you seem to feel at home there while making pics of innocent people and, even with the names blanked, talkin bs about them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Side note - the picture contents (other than being obviously a cartoon pixel image) don't look much different that what I have seen at nudist beaches in the US and abroad (with children there also). 

BTW - A male might even have a semi-erection that is totally not sexual -- no different than when a woman's nipples stiffen due to cool air.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Scottie Chatterbox said:

On my understanding of the rules on Adult Content the female av would be contravening the the rules about 

the placement of avatars appearing to represent minors in proximity to "sex beds" or other sexualized graphics, objects, or scripts 

no matter where she was, since the sex toy is attached to her.

Personally, I think the staff on the region were remiss in not asking her to change or leave, but it's not my region, so I don't make the rules or have to answer to LL for what goes on there.

Anyway, you say you've now reported the matter to LL, so it's up to them what happens next.   You've done all you can, so now you can put the matter behind you and spend your time in places you find more congenial.

• Like 2

It's a moderate sim.  Its a nude beach.  There is no sex furniture In view.   Naked men with genitals, completely normal and expected at a nude beach.  If anything is slightly  questionable it's the female but even so, she isn't doing anything that isn't allowed on a moderate sim.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

On my understanding of the rules on Adult Content the female av would be contravening the the rules about 

no matter where she was, since the sex toy is attached to her.

Personally, I think the staff on the region were remiss in not asking her to change or leave, but it's not my region, so I don't make the rules or have to answer to LL for what goes on there.

Anyway, you say you've now reported the matter to LL, so it's up to them what happens next.   You've done all you can, so now you can put the matter behind you and spend your time in places you find more congenial.

You are assuming that the girl with the dildo attached to her leg is a child avatar, whereas I'm not so sure about that.

The OP has a problem with the above at that location because it apparently claims to be family friendly and child avatars are allowed there.  She took her own SL children there and was appalled at what her children were allowed to see.

OP fails to realize that you can never ASSUME that a Moderate sim will in fact be 100% G rated.  That is why it is designated as Moderate instead of General.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Can someone tl;dr this for me, trying to read through this mess is getting kind of confusing.

1) I know nudity in an M rated sim is fine as long as its non-sexual, I.E. nude beaches

2) I did not know that child avatars were allowed anywhere near these places? Let alone nude child avatars?

Im not sure i agree with that kind of thing even if LL says so, i dont think a child avatar should be anywhere other than G rated spaces.

42 minutes ago, cykarushb said:

Im not sure i agree with that kind of thing even if LL says so, i dont think a child avatar should be anywhere other than G rated spaces.

Child avatars are allowed in adult regions too.

You may want to read the Terms of Service that you agreed to abide by, they describe all this, there's no ambiguity about who and what is allowed where.

There are some bits open to interpretation but it's mostly pretty clear.

If you don't agree, there's always the option of not logging in, but since you already did and checked the box that says you agree to the terms, your disapproval is somewhat moot!

Per the Adult Content FAQ in the Wiki (http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ) ,
referenced in the Maturity Ratings Wiki (https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/maturity-ratings-r52/),
referenced from the Second Life Terms and Conditions (https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/second-life-terms-and-conditions):

Depending on context, nudity may not require an Adult rating. For example all of the following could be rated Moderate:

• A nude beach without sexual activity.
  • Skin vendors showing a nude skin to display the product.
  • Nude art that is not sexual.
  • Strip clubs that do not use adult words in search or host sex furniture.

Depending on the context, exposed genitalia may not be considered Adult. For example:

• Hanging out at a nude beach would be fine.
  • Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate.

Non-sexualized depictions of nudity are Moderate NOT Adult.

52 minutes ago, cykarushb said:

In the US and many other coutries, anyone under the age of 18 is considered a child, yet most 16-18 yrs olds (and sometimes younger) are allowed to be exposed to nudity in films.

In a variety of places around the world, nude sunbathing (or at least topless) is considered normal and children see it at a young age.

Semi-erect, seriously? That is flaccid/default state for many human male genetalia in SL and even for the generic anthropomorph male genetalia (without sheath).

If you were expecting something flopping around in the breeze you just found out the hard way that that is not how it works in SL. Amusingly enough a member that apparent size wouldn't work that way for everyone in real life either. Get a grip 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.