Looking for a clear desciption.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Was the script activated? There as still too many details missing to give a concise assessment. Like , where is this occurring? Who's land is it happening at? Is it private or public? can one person simply mute/block the other and move on with their SL , lol? A person can run around PG mainland stark nake with inactive genitals and still be within guidelines as long as they are not harassing anyone intentionally.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Scottie Chatterbox said:

Well thank you in Defending the age/players that go to these beaches to have sexual encounters with child avatars, and Linden Labs very blatant disregard of their own Terms of Service. Oh and No person under the age of 18 is allowed anywhere near a Nude beach in the United States of America so it should not be allowed in Second Life. And if you are going to point out Nudist colony's that are also breaking the law when there are Children present. If you are not allowed to be naked in front of a child in Real Life you should not be allowed in Second Life. It is just another example of Linden Labs not upholding their own rules and ToS equally to all.

Ahem . Explain that to the American Association for Nude Recreation (https://www.aanr.com/about-aanr)

It's a safe bet they would like your input into their present business model concerning family nudism. Nudity does NOT equate sex, by any means. If you are observing a family (Dad, Mom and one or two kids) enjoying a picnic in a family nudist sim, minding their own business, they are not breaking ToS. If someone approaches the family and begins with crude remarks, do as the posters have advised, AR the offenders with the facts, no embellishment.

As for sex furniture, it's a safe bet it wasn't meant for a true nudist environment.

That's my two cents.

ETA: "We reject categorically any attempt to associate the good name and reputation of family social nudism, of any AANR-chartered club, or of the American Association for Nude Recreation, with the sexual exploitation of the human body. We further reject any use of the terms nudist, nudism, family social nudism, or American Association for Nude Recreation, as a cover for sexually-exploitive purposes, commercial or otherwise.

The misuse, abuse or misrepresentation of any member's relationship with an AANR- chartered club, or with AANR, in violation of these Principles and Standards, shall be grounds for termination of membership."

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JenLuvHewitt said:

But if someone is going to engage

and even a severe loss of memory... YOU step in and accuse me....

2 hours ago, JenLuvHewitt said:

He's probably saying you're wrong because he goes there

and

15 minutes ago, JenLuvHewitt said:

excuse me Mr. Ahole.

who's the **hole here  ....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Scottie Chatterbox said:

A Male ***** in Second Life has scripts inside of it that are to be used in a sexual manner. Example to make it hard and ejaculate. 

Right, it can be used in a sexual manner, but this dont has to be the case all the time. Maybe the user just klicks the "pee" button a few times a day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JenLuvHewitt said:

I happen to have a SL family and I took my SL kids there thinking it was a safe place.. 

I only quoted the important part...

So you took your "kids" , to a nude beach, instead of a normal non-nude one, because you thought it was safe..but you don't think naked people should have parts. Have I got that right?(I'm using your own posts here, btw.). You don't find it odd that one would take "kids" to a nude beach, and expect no nudity?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, JenLuvHewitt said:

I happen to have a SL family and I took my SL kids there thinking it was a safe place.

If you want to ensure that any place you takes your SL kids is a "safe place", then make sure you stick to G rated sims.

As Jerilynn pointed out, if you think there are never kids around nude adults in the US then you know nothing about the American Association for Nude Recreation.  And yes, they have locations in the US for families to go and all be nude together.  And those adults actually have real genitalia exposed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

However, you should be aware that, rightly or wrongly, LL don't regard simple nudity as sexual, or not necessarily. 

Yet my bars have to be listed as adult on the marketplace. Why? Because just looking at a wine bottle is emotionally scarring or offensive. I was reminded that the  standard is whether you would want your grandmother to see something. Presumably grandmothers who have never seen the wine aisle at the grocery store, or entered a restaurant with a bar. Smh

Reading maturity rating tea leaves in SL is not straightforward.

14 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Yet my bars have to be listed as adult on the marketplace. Why? Because just looking at a wine bottle is emotionally scarring or offensive. I was reminded that the  standard is whether you would want your grandmother to see something. Presumably grandmothers who have never seen the wine aisle at the grocery store, or entered a restaurant with a bar. Smh

Honestly, for us outsiders, most things in America are weird, not just these things. From the countries attitude to alcohol to that for nudity as we see expressed in this thread.

In many countries a child is likely to be taught how to consume alcohol responsibly from a very young age. And that includes drinking weatered down wine at the table for the main meal.  Likewise nudity is natural and nothing to be ashamed of.

I prefer the European ways I think, they are far less hysterical.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Yet my bars have to be listed as adult on the marketplace. Why? Because just looking at a wine bottle is emotionally scarring or offensive. 

I'd probably b!tch up a storm and keep filing ticket after ticket, because their own guidelines page specifically says that "depictions of or references to alcohol" fall into the Moderate category.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

That's strange, Pamela, since I see that many of the items  in the Marketplace listings for alcoholic beverages are listed as "General."

The marketplace content filter is notoriously unpredictable, as we know.   Are you sure it's not some innocuous word or phrase in the product description that it's objecting to?    Since you can sell bottles of wine and spirits that give out drinks when touched as "General" items,  it can't simply be the fact the product is alcohol-related that's causing the problems, I'd have thought. 

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 1

Trust me, it sounded crazy to me, when I asked why the bars had been delisted. I did point out that grandmothers were exposed to liquor on a regular basis in RL. Some have been known to even drink it. 

Here is the response I got:

Case: 01677792
Type: Marketplace Listing Issues
 Hello Pamela Galli,

Customer Support and the Marketplace Team are aware of the concerns that both sellers and buyers have regarding the Maturity Rating Levels on the Marketplace with regards to the requirements outlined in the Marketplace Listing Guidelines regarding alcoholic beverages.

Please understand that the policies regarding the Maturity Ratings are set down not just because of registered users of the system but also because the Marketplace and all products in the General Maturity Rating level are visible to guests of the web site and by internet users who are not members of Second Life.

Many web sites that sell alcohol or cigarettes, and even some Mature Rated Games, require users to affirm their age before any of the content is displayed to them.

The Marketplace web site is unable to do that, so those types of items must be set to an other than General Maturity Rating to ensure that content not intended for anyone under 18 years of age is not visible on the web site.

The policies are not designed to harass or cause issues for our members, they are designed to protect the merchants and the Marketplace web site from outside attention.

Edited by Pamela Galli

11 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Many web sites that sell alcohol or cigarettes, and even some Mature Rated Games, require users to affirm their age before any of the content is displayed to them.

The Marketplace web site is unable to do that, so those types of items must be set to an other than General Maturity Rating to ensure that content not intended for anyone under 18 years of age is not visible on the web site.

That's clearly not enforced in all cases (see above), but even so, it doesn't explain why your bars have to be listed as "Adult" rather than as "Mature," which the Marketplace Listing Policies clearly say they should be:

Moderate Content Is Only For 18+ Year-Old Residents.

• Mildly sexual content, including:
    • References to sex, as long as they are not explicit or frequent.
    • Intimate avatar animations, as long as they do not depict sexual activity that is explicit or highly realistic.
  • Violent content, including:
    • Graphic depictions of bodily injury or death, as long as they are not extreme or highly realistic.
    • Descriptions of violent acts, as long as they are not excessive or designed to shock.
  • Depictions of or references to alcohol or tobacco use.
  • Listings for full homesteads or islands, which may be sold only to residents who are at least 18 years of age.
  • Wagering games that comply with our Policy Regarding Wagering in Second Life

Have you not asked them why your bars need to be Adult rather than simply Mature?   I would.   

• Like 1

Actually I checked and I had to change to M, not A. But the reason for it is just as daffy. Selling pictures of alcohol is not the same as selling alcohol. Looking at a wine bottle is not the same as looking at violence — children are not shielded from looking at wine bottles in RL.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Actually I checked and I had to change to M, not A. But the reason for it is just as daffy. Selling pictures of alcohol is not the same as selling alcohol. Looking at a wine bottle is not the same as looking at violence — children are not shielded from looking at wine bottles in RL.

Oh, I see.  So apparently a simple image of the wine bottle and glasses is G, but an image showing people drinking wine from the glasses (or text describing them so doing) would be M.   

How odd.   At least, though, you were able to clarify the appropriate rating for your bars, so something's come of this thread.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Oh, I see.  So apparently a simple image of the wine bottle and glasses is G, but an image showing people drinking wine from the glasses (or text describing them so doing) would be M.   

How odd.   At least, though, you were able to clarify the appropriate rating for your bars, so something's come of this thread.

But the reasons given still sound absurd. A picture of someone drinking is not racey by any standard. 

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

But the reasons given still sound absurd. A picture of someone drinking is not racey by any standard. 

Yes, but many countries (including my own) have all sorts of restrictions on anything that may be construed as promoting the use of alcohol by minors.   Rather than try to comply with them all,  LL may well feel it's simplest to take this very restrictive approach as an alternative to asking  people to confirm their age before accessing the Marketplace..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.