Textures constantly reloading (dual monitors)

Skye Meinster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heya!

I've been running SL for about 4 years on my current PC, flawlessly, on high settings and a comfortable FPS rate despite my graphics card not being too strong.
However... Lately- and by that I mean really a week or two- I've been trying to work my way around a really weird issue that never occurred to me in the past. Every 5-6 seconds textures start reloading themselves and the result is completely annoying.
I suspect it could have to do with the fact I recently plugged a second monitor? Honestly that is the only thing about my hardware that's changed in the past 4+ years.

What I've already tried:

• restoring viewer settings
  • emptying my cache
  • changing the size of my cache (from bigger to smaller and vice versa) 
  • detaching any (and all) heavy huds attached
  • increasing viewer texture memory buffer- this is where I encountered a weird issue. I'm not sure what value I had it on previously, but it won't let me push it beyond 128 which is extremely low. I wonder if that could be traced back to the second monitor being plugged in? I've never ever had an issue with loading textures. 

Anyway thanks for reading- I really hope someone encountered a similar issue and managed to resolve it. 

34 minutes ago, Skye Meinster said:

increasing viewer texture memory buffer- this is where I encountered a weird issue. I'm not sure what value I had it on previously, but it won't let me push it beyond 128 which is extremely low. I wonder if that could be traced back to the second monitor being plugged in? I've never ever had an issue with loading textures. 

With a 128MB texture memory, you're bound to get texture thrashing.
Which viewer are you using?
If you are using Firestorm on Windows go to Preferences -> Advanced -> Tick "Disable VRAM detection via WMI probing" & relog.
Does changing that setting allow you to set texture memory higher then 128?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.