SIM administrator harassing people with alters

AlexandriteGem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have reason to believe an official, hispanic and spanish speaking sim's administrator is harassing female avatars through alternate accounts. The individual has bots to increase traffic in the sim, and I suspect creates and changes the names of numerous alters that he maintains.

Is it possible to have LL investigate this, or do they not even care if one administrator of an official, LL site breaks the rules in such a blunt manner?

Apart from using bots to increase traffic with a view to moving up the search rankings, LL doesn't have any rules that the administrator has broken. The only one who may have rules to cover it is the land owner. So no. LL will not become involved. If the administrator is the landowner, you have no comeback at all, and the best thing to do is move.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Like I said before, the land owner is Linden labs. This is an official sim. Nobody pays for it, LL provides it for free to serve as a Spanish speaking, learning site.
Thank you, I will continue to report those affecting me and encourage others to do likewise.

And yes, this land is official. It shows in destinations for new members, and in search.

It is a shame to have an official sim entrusted to somebody who behaves like this

Edited by AlexandriteGem

1 hour ago, AlexandriteGem said:

Like I said before, the land owner is Linden labs. This is an official sim. Nobody pays for it, LL provides it for free to serve as a Spanish speaking, learning site.
Thank you, I will continue to report those affecting me and encourage others to do likewise.

And yes, this land is official. It shows in destinations for new members, and in search.

It is a shame to have an official sim entrusted to somebody who behaves like this

This doesn't make any sense.

Places that are listed in the destination guide do not belong to Linden Lab. There is nothing "official" about a place just because its are listed there. Someone who owns a sim or has been asked by the owner to manage the sim is not associated with LL in any way.

4 hours ago, AlexandriteGem said:

The Destination Guide is primarily comprised of user owned parcels and sims and is about as "official" as a user pretending to be an FBI agent.

Linden Lab does not 'entrust' general users with administration of sims, parcels and experiences that the Lab has created. 

4 hours ago, AlexandriteGem said:

That is no indication whatsoever that the land is LL owned.

When you are next there, look in About Land and see who owns it. That's the person who may help you. LL won't. If it's group owned, find the founder of the group.

20 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you believe this person is harassing females Abuse Report them report all the accounts that are harassing.

The only person who can file an Abuse Report is the person being harassed. You cannot abuse report on somebody else's behalf.

• Like 1

Well, yesterday they closed this thread and I could not reply. Glad they reopened it. I can not post the address because then they will really close it again.

Here is the issue: LL DOES HAVE some lands for newbies that are not owned by anyone. They do have administrators who are seasoned SL members running it. They offer SL classes, construction classes and free goodies. One of the Spanish sims is the one I am talking about. Come on now, you know that there are introduction sims in SL and they are not privately owned lands. They exist in Spanish too! If you do not know this much please understand that you are not the member I am asking information to. It is too bad that these replies are left alone for members to figure out. 

Just wish LL would not leave these inquiries out for speculation and a staff person could confirm whether or not an administrator can be investigated for harassing visitors of the sim as alters and if the administrators of their official sims set aside for newbies are bound by stricter expectations and behavioral norms...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlexandriteGem said:

Just wish LL would not leave these inquiries out for speculation and a staff person could confirm

you still don't seem to belive what others tell you, that's ok. But in that case you can stop posting, and contact LL personally to ask.

The Lindens rarely come here to assist.

1 hour ago, AlexandriteGem said:

Well, yesterday they closed this thread and I could not reply. Glad they reopened it. I can not post the address because then they will really close it again.

Here is the issue: LL DOES HAVE some lands for newbies that are not owned by anyone. They do have administrators who are seasoned SL members running it. They offer SL classes, construction classes and free goodies. One of the Spanish sims is the one I am talking about. Come on now, you know that there are introduction sims in SL and they are not privately owned lands. They exist in Spanish too! If you do not know this much please understand that you are not the member I am asking information to. It is too bad that these replies are left alone for members to figure out. 

Just wish LL would not leave these inquiries out for speculation and a staff person could confirm whether or not an administrator can be investigated for harassing visitors of the sim as alters and if the administrators of their official sims set aside for newbies are bound by stricter expectations and behavioral norms...

No, Linden Lab does not have any parcel, region or experience which they allow users to administrate. The Social Islands have no Administrators, the older Infohubs were user built and the telehubs were a mixed bag. 

All new user resources past Social Island are community built and administered, non-English resource areas are no ezception to this. 

Being featured in the Destination guide is absolutely meaningless as is having the occasional Linden presence. All Linden Lab owned land is owned by a set of Linden named account or a Linden owned group. The last new user program directly owned and administrated by Linden Lab was the Mentor program - that was closed. 

Does the Lab provide land for Gateways and such?  Perhaps. That does not mean they are the listed land owners nor the ones in charge of selecting administrators. 

You have been given this and similar information already as well as information concerning what you can actually do about it. The same for directly contacting Linden Lab. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AlexandriteGem said:

How polite of you!
Good thing I taught readers something new.

This is really beside the point and there shouldn't have been any argument about at all but here is how you find out who owns a help center - or any other land in SL for that matter:

In the World menu, select "About Land" (or "Parcel Details" if you use Firestorm - sorry, don't know what the names are in Spanish). Here is one example:

5a0b133280bb0_Skjermbilde(631).png.68c8025abee99863864f81d40fbc6416.png

(I have blanked out the name here since it's a random example and probably not the one you had problems at and I don't want people to get the wrong impression.)

You can check yourself if you don't believe me but I can promise you that Social Island and the old Help Islands are the only help centers that are owned by Linden Lab themselves and they do not have any official staff. The manned help center are all run by volunteer groups who actually have to pay Linden Lab for the privilege just like everybody else who have some land in Second Life.

But it is all beside the point of course, because people working on the help centers shouldn't abuse their position no matter who they represent. So if one of the staff at a manned help center misbehaves, file an abuse report to Linden Lab (you can find the AR form in the Help menu of your viewer). You may also want contact the owners of the help center - they should also be very interested in learning they have recruited somebody they don't want to have on their staff.

If a person - at Social Island or a private help center or anywhere else in SL for that matter - claims to be an official representative of Linden Lab, include that in the abuse report because it too is a very serious offense. That alone may well be enough to get the person permanently banned from Second Life and it is often much easier to prove than a harrassment case is. Keep the report factual, just tell them what happened, nothing else.

Oh and btw, I suppose at least parts of this happened in IM, not in public chat. If so: as far as I know, you can include quotes from private chat with a named person in an abuse report to Linden Lab but not under any circumstance to the owners of the help center or to anybody else.

Finally: when you file an abuse report against somebody, you will get a standard thank you email from LL confirming that they have received the report. That is all you will ever hear from them, they never ever discuss abuse reports with anybody except the person the report is filed against. The only way you can get an idea of the result, is to go back there in a week or two and see if he's still there.

Edited by ChinRey
Typos
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.