Help! Names over my face!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When ever someone is behind me their name ends up over my face. I don't remember SL doing this before. The names use to go above my head up where my name is, have I messed up a setting or something? I have permission from these two avatars to use this picture with their names on it BTW.

Problem.JPG

9 answers to this question

Hey hey Keli,

Its not the height that has changed, it would appear that it is the priority.

I just checked with my alt on v2 and my main on Phoenix, my alt gets the name tags over her face like your pics, but on Phoenix the name tag goes behind my head so the avatar take priority not the name tag.

Thats a bad change really, because in a crowd of people all the name tags will be front of screen and you wouldn`t be able to see anyone lol

See if there is a JIRA already.

Here`s how its handled on Phoenix:

NameTags.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Keli and Peewee, not sure if this will solve it but, when I choose show avatar rendering cost from the advanced menu, I have to uncheck it, check it, then uncheck it again (on, off, on, off) for all the graphics to behave again. Normally, the name tags just stack on top of each other.

Whenever I'm in a room full of people, the name tags usually stack on top of each other like 2 dimensional objects. I've never noticed them in front or behind anyone or anything except for one exception...when ever I hover, in flying mode, with my ao on, my nametag floats in front of me when I'm looking at myself. This bugs me so I turn it off. I also turn it off when in the aforementioned crowded environments, perhaps try turning it on and off?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.