Race Play

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

In all honestly, i had to google raceplay as i really didn't know what it referred to.

Is it,

1. portraying a race you are not?
  2. Restricting your sexual partners to a single race?
  3. Creating an avatar for the sake of RP that is a different race than your  RL?

It could have been any of these things. I find iit interesting that most here think it is specifically geared towards blacks. If I choose to only sleep with Asians, is that raceplay? 

It means that when people of different races ignore political correctness during sex -- i.e. a non-black having sex with a black and using the N-word during sex.  It can also mean when two people of different races act out racial stereotypes during sex.

However, if both parties agree to it, then even in RL I don't see a problem with it.  If a black person wants their non-black sexual partner to call them the N word during sex, who are we to tell them they otherwise.

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It means that when people of different races ignore political correctness during sex -- i.e. a non-black having sex with a black and using the N-word during sex.  It can also mean when two people of different races act out racial stereotypes during sex.

However, if both parties agree to it, then even in RL I don't see a problem with it.  If a black person wants their non-black sexual partner to call them the N word during sex, who are we to tell them they otherwise.

Thank you.. 

I can understand that actually.. I know of many women who want to be called all sorts of demeaning things while having sex. I draw the line at calling them by their sisters name though.. :D

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, janetosilio said:

A form of sexual roleplay in which the players act out racially-charged situations, such as interracial slave-master relationships”

So are you suggesting that if you want to engage in a d/s relation it has to be with a member of your own race, otherwise its raceplay?

Of course you macking with your homies isn't race play is it sweetie?

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
fixed a spelling mistake

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

So are you suggesting that if you want to engage in a d/s relation it has to be with a member of your own race, otherwise its raceplay?

Just to chime to chime in with a quick comment: there is a huge difference between a sub and a slave. Of course, the biggest part of the difference is that a sub has volunteered and is free to walk away if he/she is unhappy with the situation while a slave has been forced or tricked and is stuck, and that doesn't really apply to SL since we have to presume everybody has volunteered to whatever role they're playing.

In an RP situation it's perhaps easier to define the difference from the other side. If your character dominates mainly by force, she is a slaver, if she dominates mainly by her natural authority, she's a Domme. I have no idea which of those roles you play, I suppose you have to determine that for yourself.

Since I post here anyway, just to save you from a nasty reply from Klytyna - and save her the effort writing one - it's spelled D/s with a capital D. ;)

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

Just to chime to chime in with a quick comment: there is a huge difference between a sub and a slave. Of course, the biggest part of the difference is that a sub has volunteered and is free to walk away if he/she is unhappy with the situation while a slave has been forced or tricked and is stuck, and that doesn't really apply to SL since we have to presume everybody ahs volunteered to whatever role they're playing.

In an RP situation it's perhaps easier to define the difference from the other side. If your character dominates mainly by force, she is a slaver, if she dominates mainly by her natural authority, she's a Domme. I have no idea which of those roles you play, I suppose you have to determine that for yourself.

Since I post here anyway, just to save you from a nasty reply from Klytyna - and save her the effort writing one - it's spelled D/s with a capital D. ;)

actually she'll say that convention is used mainly by the suburban wanna be dom/mes that crowd out the "real" dom/mes in sl

actually, I domme from the bottom, everything my bf does to me, its because i want him to 

*grins*

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

actually, I domme from the bottom, everything my bf does to me, its because i want him to

Well, in that case doesn't look like slaver/slave relationship and judging by the definitions others have offered here it shouldn't count as race play.

Just now, ChinRey said:

Well, in that case doesn't look like slaver/slave relationship and judging by the definitions others have offered here it shouldn't count as race play.

I was asked exactly one time by someone to raceplay with them. She was Mexican and she wanted me to get a bunch of my white friends together and rp being members of a cheer squad and be mean to her because of her race. Told her i was totally not interested.

*shrugs*

14 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Of course you macking with your homies isn't race play is it sweetie?

No, I'm suggesting that's a definition of Race Play, which was what was ask for. The definition gives an example, that's not all the examples obviously. Don't hurt yourself trying to read into it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

No, I'm suggesting that's a definition of Race Play, which was what was ask for. The definition gives an example, that's not all the examples obviously. Don't hurt yourself trying to read into it.

Well then sweetie since you already said  I engage in race play, give me a definition that includes me.

Or,..... retract your accusation, because twice now i've refuted your claims

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a bit

19 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Thank you.. 

I can understand that actually.. I know of many women who want to be called all sorts of demeaning things while having sex. I draw the line at calling them by their sisters name though.. :D

Sure, talking dirty in bed can definitely be hot but it's named a raceplay when this dirty talking is about races (N word, bull, etc...).

So to answer your previous question, you would do a raceplay with an asian partner if you're using any dirty racial qualificatives during sex (such as words with rice-something,  etc...).

Edited by Morgan Rosenstar
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

Sure, talking dirty in bed can definitely be hot but it's named a raceplay when this dirty talking is about races (N word, bull, etc...).

So to answer your previous question, you would do a raceplay with an asian partner if you're using any dirty racial qualificatives during sex (such as words with rice-something,  etc...).

how is it race play if the person is of that race? Not gonna tell a white guy to stuff his big n****r dick in me, that makes no sense.

Some blacks like refer to them selves as n****r, and it empowers them more to have a white girl refer to their manhood as a n****r dick.

If its race play hes the one playing not me, I'm just trying to please him, regardless of his race.

Guess I'll just call all well built males studs instead then , instead of buck or bull

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
word got censored so i changed it

7 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

how is it race play if the person is of that race? Not gonna tell a white guy to stuff his big n****r dick in me, that makes no sense.

Some blacks like refer to them selves as n****r, and it empowers them more to have a white girl refer to their ***** as a n****r dick.

If its race play hes the one playing not me, I'm just trying to please him, regardless of his race.

Guess I'll just call all well built males studs instead then , instead of buck or bull

Yes, it is raceplay. But if you're both consentant, then have fun and shrug off the prejuges.

Edited by Morgan Rosenstar

1 minute ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

Yes, it is raceplay. But if you're both consentant, then have fun and screw the prejuges.

So if he calls himself n****r it's his personal choice, but if i refer to him as n****r at his request its race play?

It seems  we've gone from defining race play as stereotyping a whole race by certain unsavory characteristics of a few members of that race (thug,  gangsta, subhuman rapist) to using a single word at that persons request?

*shaking my head in amazement*

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

So if he calls himself n****r it's his personal choice, but if i refer to him as n****r at his request its race play?

It seems  we've gone from defining race play as stereotyping a whole race by certain unsavory characteristics of a few members of that race (thug,  gangsta, subhuman rapist) to using a single word at that persons request?

*shaking my head in amazement*

Errr no. I didn't spoke about raceplay as an unilateral thing. I think I did said that it's a play between two persons.

So if he refers himself this way and you agree to please his preferences, I do see a consentant play between two persons. This play being based on races, it is a raceplay and consentant between two adults.

17 minutes ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

so, its raceplay if racist comments come into it. Even at the persons request? Now i'm really confused...

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Some blacks like refer to them selves as n****r, and it empowers them more to have a white girl refer to their manhood as a n****r dick.

Here's what a kink listing/Adult RP character listing site has listed as their entry for race play (note they simply list it as racism):

Scenes based on / including negative racial stereotypes, scenes in racist settings, differing treatment depending on a character’s given race, and possible usage of derogatory terms in the context of a roleplay.

It does not matter one whit if the person on the other end is one of the rather rare types that finds "empowerment" in the use of such language - by nearly every definition out there the term you've used as an example is deemed derogatory and thus would fit into race play.

On a side note: I have only ever seen/heard the term used by POC when describing someone of their own race who is either insanely ignorant or whose actions fit/bolster the negative stereotypes that exist. Further the term most often used in a "positive" light removes the 'er' at the end to replace it with a singular 'a'.

1 minute ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

Errr no. I didn't spoke about raceplay as an unilateral thing. I think I did said that it's a play between two persons.

So if he refers himself this way and you agree to please his preferences, I do see a consentant play between two persons. This play being based on races, it is a raceplay and consentant between two adults.

But i'm not basing my relationship on his race, hes a guy that happens to be black and he gets off on using that word. Race has nothing to do with it really

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Here's what a kink listing/Adult RP character listing site has listed as their entry for race play (note they simply list it as racism):

It does not matter one whit if the person on the other end is one of the rather rare types that finds "empowerment" in the use of such language - by nearly every definition out there the term you've used as an example is deemed derogatory and thus would fit into race play.

On a side note: I have only ever seen/heard the term used by POC when describing someone of their own race who is either insanely ignorant or whose actions fit/bolster the negative stereotypes that exist. Further the term most often used in a "positive" light removes the 'er' at the end to replace it with a singular 'a'.

so rappers calling themselves n*****s are slandering themselves? You take your enemies slanders and use them yourself to empower yourself not denegrate yourself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.