Morgan Sapphire

Listing (no-copy) gacha items.

Question

Hello, I have a quick question; I did a little searching, but couldn't find the answer. When you list a no-copy marketplace item (gacha) and your intention is that the whole item is delivered and not a partial delivery. How do you list it so the whole item is delivered to one person, and not just one item from the folder?

Also, how do you list numerous no-copy items that have different permissions into one folder?

5 answers to this question

If the item consists of multiple objects, you'll have to put them into a box prim and then put the box into your Marketplace folder.  When you place items into a box that have different permissions, the box takes on the most restrictive permissions set...for example, a box containing two items, one no copy/transfer/modify and the other one copy/transfer/no modify, the box would show the permissions no copy/transfer/no modify.  This does not, however, actually change the permissions of the individual items.

Note that ALL items MUST be transfer, or you won't be able to sell the box.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

If the item consists of multiple objects, you'll have to put them into a box prim and then put the box into your Marketplace folder.  When you place items into a box that have different permissions, the box takes on the most restrictive permissions set...for example, a box containing two items, one no copy/transfer/modify and the other one copy/transfer/no modify, the box would show the permissions no copy/transfer/no modify.  This does not, however, actually change the permissions of the individual items.

Note that ALL items MUST be transfer, or you won't be able to sell the box.

Thanks for responding! All the items were transferable; I tried placing the items into its original box. Are you not able to place a no copy/transfer gacha item into its original box after has been unboxed? I'm assuming because the box/bag could have been no modify, but I didn't want to just place it in a wooden cube. What is the accepted practice when selling gacha items that have already been unboxed? Thank in advance!

Edited by Morgan Sapphire

If you can't get the items back into the original box, I would suggest making your own logo like "Morgan's Gacha Resale" and putting that on the outside of the box. Then if you wanted you could put the original packaging into the box also.  You are correct though that a plywood box would shock folks as that is what the scammers use ^^.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

If you can't get the items back into the original box, I would suggest making your own logo like "Morgan's Gacha Resale" and putting that on the outside of the box. Then if you wanted you could put the original packaging into the box also.  You are correct though that a plywood box would shock folks as that is what the scammers use ^^.

Yeah, that's a good idea! Maybe even have a texture that says "unbox me" or something. I didn't want to just have like you said, that "plywood box" as that would probably make them think that they were scammed. Thanks for the comment,  I'm new to selling stuff using the marketplace and wanted to do things right.

Edited by Morgan Sapphire