age verification

MissBossAsia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Sounds like you will have to go through the manual verification process, as described here by Jeremy Linden -- sending them a scanned copy of appropriate ID.

Alternatively, if you just want to access Adult content, you can do that by getting payment info on file -- either go premium or just buy some L$ or something in the marketplace using a credit or debit card, or PayPal if that's available to you (which it isn't, at present, for non-US residents)

Hi Asia {?} and welcome to the same ship of many new comers.  Unfortunately all the informations also on support pages need an update because they don't help at all.Also Manual Age >Verification process is a method gone out of date since the wisely {!} had the genial idea to move that option to Premium accounts only. So what to do?

Here a valid working suggestion about how to fix that like I did. I struggled for 3 weeks, sent several messages to the Lindens without any respons, also called the support via phone from Italy and still nothing. 

Until I tried Age Verification again a couple of days ago ad finally it went through. Just go to the Age Verification page even if you are not an US citizen like me and be careful to:

1. if your surname is a compound surname like mine, for example De Niro, just write the surname as one word only, in my case I wrote exactly as DeNiro leaving no space in between the two words.
  2. I always tried using my identity card but always failed so I tried the italian version of Personal Identification Number, which in Italy is "codice fiscale" {fiscal code} and contains consonants of name and surname and birthday data numbers in it. Basically I believe every Country has a correspondance with one of the method  included in the Age Verification form.

Now, my surname is clearly wrongly reported, the space between the two words is important in fact. I kept  the capital letters to try to avoid any complain but who can really complain  me when is their fault only? The ridiculous part of this is that to fix that form should be enough to add a correct variable in the code behind it! I hope they are going to  notice that at the Lab!!!

I successfully age verified myself and gained my freedom finally. I still found no way to add any credit card yet because the relative submission button in Payment Info section seems missing totally. But that's, of course, all another story.

Good Luck... and  have a happy Second Life!

ENKOODABOOAOO

"The one who lives alone"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.