VPN port 10.15.2.32:80

Tanya Roussel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know what this port is accessed by the viewer for?

I think it is something to do with downloading textures because its very slow and the viewer sometimes hangs if it cant find this through the vpn. The vpn gives and error: 10.15.2.32:80 Unable to connect to remote end.

Not sure, I think it is the real address.... definitely the viewer wanting to contact 10.15.2.32:80, everything else is happy translating and going through the socks5 thing.

Just wondered if there was something in the viewer to disable to stop it doing that because this seems to ignore the viewer socks5 proxy setting.

• Lindens
10 hours ago, Tanya Roussel said:

Not sure, I think it is the real address.... definitely the viewer wanting to contact 10.15.2.32:80, everything else is happy translating and going through the socks5 thing.

Just wondered if there was something in the viewer to disable to stop it doing that because this seems to ignore the viewer socks5 proxy setting.

any 10.* address is a private address of some kind - it is one of the address ranges reserved for private use, and is not routable on the public internet.

You may be able to find what is failing by looking in your viewer log file. See finding your log file. If you find out what it is, file a bug.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.