Tanya Roussel

VPN port 10.15.2.32:80

Does anyone know what this port is accessed by the viewer for?

I think it is something to do with downloading textures because its very slow and the viewer sometimes hangs if it cant find this through the vpn. The vpn gives and error: 10.15.2.32:80 Unable to connect to remote end.

Port 80 is the standard port for HTTP. It could be any number of things. Since that address is your VPN address for something rather than the real address, there's no way to know what it is.

• Like 1

Not sure, I think it is the real address.... definitely the viewer wanting to contact 10.15.2.32:80, everything else is happy translating and going through the socks5 thing.

Just wondered if there was something in the viewer to disable to stop it doing that because this seems to ignore the viewer socks5 proxy setting.

10 hours ago, Tanya Roussel said:

Not sure, I think it is the real address.... definitely the viewer wanting to contact 10.15.2.32:80, everything else is happy translating and going through the socks5 thing.

Just wondered if there was something in the viewer to disable to stop it doing that because this seems to ignore the viewer socks5 proxy setting.

any 10.* address is a private address of some kind - it is one of the address ranges reserved for private use, and is not routable on the public internet.

You may be able to find what is failing by looking in your viewer log file. See finding your log file. If you find out what it is, file a bug.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1