What did your avatar look like when you first started SL?

Vin Soulstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't have a pic of my very first avie, but take Skells 2007 avie and make it the female version, lol! Here is my first avie with a freebie skin (Shy Carmelle if I remember correctly) image.png.640e1acb03848a5e03ebf3c5f9a8fdc9.png

This is how I spent a majority of the last 10 years. I had the same shape and very few skin changes.

image.thumb.png.d575d92a9f0b17d198b91bdafc0e166c.png

And this is one of my two current looks. This is my Lelutka head, I also have a Catwa. Sorry the last 2 are so largeO.o

image.thumb.png.9bfc9b1508638f615149c6f04807b0b4.png

• Like 12

Fabulous thread - I am enjoying looking at all your photos.

An early shot of me - have worn this freebie Eloh Eliot skin since early 2009 (I started in SL on 28th November 2008). This was taken with one of those facelights!5a0cbce9113d4_EmmaProfilePicture.thumb.png.65cc49a612f6a8e1660f2170cf16bfd7.png

Me today - same skin but with extra Lumae :: eyelashes, eyebrows from [Mock], trying out the TMP body right now, CalWL windlight for this one.

5a0cbd688d676_emmanow15_11.17_001.thumb.png.c1a4323e0d524958f1b14d36281f1cb3.png

• Like 10

It's fun seeing everyone's starting points on SL : )

I looked around on my first account and found some old photos, but I also found an outfit I wanted to take a photo of because of how old and... prim-y it is. enjoy.

(im the one on the right in the second photo)

5a0cf49738dab_Snapshot_TRIXABEACH-LOVERSPARADISETrixaIsland(64139.png.0f860c1be8c09e2d62db6062927c99f1.png5a0cf49c9028f_meankrazyangeldancin.png.8f8080eaa83a17feb847fba49c8d7b4f.png5a0cf4fdc445d_vbgfb_001copy.thumb.png.75e0582fd6b4c1627fc4c7ea8132d3e9.png

• Like 10

I'm in talks with LL support about trying to get access to my original account which would of been close to when SL first started but my dial up internet back then couldn't handle it so fingers crossed I can get it back and take a picture of my very first avi.

It was so long ago I forgot the name I choose so hopefully the email address I gave them which I also no longer have access too is the one I used all those years ago to sign up.

Edited by Vin Soulstar
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

eyebrows from [Mock]

[Mock] is back! She's slowly getting the store set back up here. Still some of the best makeup for system faces and she is very generous with gifts. There's a bunch of stuff in group notices (250L join fee) or grab the same boxes at the store for 10L each.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

[Mock] is back! She's slowly getting the store set back up here. Still some of the best makeup for system faces and she is very generous with gifts. There's a bunch of stuff in group notices (250L join fee) or grab the same boxes at the store for 10L each.

I'm delighted - and I agree. (Have been a member of her group for years and got the new goodies - YAY.)

I wear a bunch of her stuff to transform my ancient freebie skin when the mood takes me - it's amazing how much difference a simple tattoo layer can make. And you can wear... up to 6? ...Is that right? Change eyebrows, eye shadow, lipstick, blusher, add freckles, dimples - all at once! (Weird thing is, I don't bother with make-up in rl, but here in Second Life - OMG - I am all girl.)

• Like 2

I don't have access to any pics before 2008...but this is one of the earliest pics I do have access to

This is 2008 me-not long after this pic I found Sirena hair and changed my skin too, because I thought it was ugly (shudders..what was I thinking?) 

taripic2008.png.e3c0e0d65e44095e6852bf0f151e354b.png

And now...pjs, weenie and all

taripic2017.png.6a000d705d3df5b7b732164fa7490f45.png

Oh, and the 08 pic...yes my graphics were THAT bad. All water looked that same shade of blue...and I was quite happy with it. Until 2009 when hubby bought me an actual graphics card....holy frijoles was that amazing!!! I saw what I'd been missing for, like..forever!

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 9

On 11/15/2017 at 11:59 PM, Clover Jinx said:

Is that Mocksoup by any chance?????  ETA, I just popped in to look, and IT IS!!!!! OMGOSH!!! I've known Mockie since my beginning! We worked together at Dead Dolls on Anarchy!! 

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 3

Don't actually have any pics of my original avi from 2006 (wasn't in SL very long back then) but here's the original of this one (hard to see, I know, but at the time,  I didn't know Vin would start this forum thing or I'd have paid more attention :P )

Then:

Pre-Mesh.jpg.ab5d6ef8952189688f79c62e1b9c8502.jpg

Now:

2017.thumb.jpg.fbc9f79fd35ee594aac3437c7629ecf4.jpg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Don't actually have any pics of my original avi from 2006 (wasn't in SL very long back then) but here's the original of this one (hard to see, I know, but at the time,  I didn't know Vin would start this forum thing or I'd have paid more attention :P )

Then:

Pre-Mesh.jpg.ab5d6ef8952189688f79c62e1b9c8502.jpg

Now:

2017.thumb.jpg.fbc9f79fd35ee594aac3437c7629ecf4.jpg

That's OK, the second picture is a lot easier to see and what a nice image to wake up to at 5am. :P

Just now, Vin Soulstar said:

That's OK, the second picture is a lot easier to see and what a nice image to wake up to at 5am. :P

Aww thank you, Vin. Yes, there's nothing like a massive set of duck lips to smack you in the face first thing in the morning haha (I do try to make them smaller/thinner but that 'top shelf' thing that the top lip's got going on, just won't quit).

5 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Aww thank you, Vin. Yes, there's nothing like a massive set of duck lips to smack you in the face first thing in the morning haha (I do try to make them smaller/thinner but that 'top shelf' thing that the top lip's got going on, just won't quit).

Oh they look just fine to me.

One the plus side at least the cold shower will wake me up at this early time of the morning. 

Just now, Vin Soulstar said:

Oh they look just fine to me.

One the plus side at least the cold shower will wake me up at this early time of the morning. 

I don't know about you, but my water bill is going to be huge if I keep peeking at all you guys and your hot pics.

• Haha 1

well i don't have a pic. of my old avi at the time when i first joined…lol but when i started on here, all i had was alotta crappy starter clothes, and it just didn't look right to me…prob. had a purple shirt on with yellow skirt or sumth'n..didn't rly know how to buy things when i first joined…^^;;; nor even how to customize an avi. at all rly haha ^^;;

*edit post*: now my avi looks a lot better as compared to how my avi used to look from way back when…5a15e22a6cb07_relaxn_001.thumb.jpg.59ec2568481aa171e6f5b4279c0fd801.jpg

this is my current look as of now ^_^ and i actually rly like it a lot, mainly cuz sometimes when i'm around those rly cool look'n fantasy lights in forests, my clothes and hair almost looks like its glow'n with those lights xD

Edited by Rena Claremont
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.