Best looking mesh male avatar help me make one!!

shota Guardian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Now ... look at the bottom picture again.  Tasty.  See the size of his biceps?  The length of his arms?  Those are nice proportions that you seldom see in SL

Generally, pics I seek of men in chaps, they are only wearing chaps and not pants.

21 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Love, did you really just resurrect a year-old thread so you could post a picture of a chicken? xD

(I suppose I should say thanks for reminding me of a certain pretentious artiste d'avatar Aesthetique, and giving me a chuckle in the process.)

Yes. Someone had that “golden ratio” chicken picture on a social site profile. I thought, “Meme!” Stole it, saved it to the camera roll on my phone, and searched the forum for “Golden Ratio”. In the context of the original reason to post on this thread, I thought my pic was of a male chicken, i.e. a rooster or c0ck. I didn’t look closely. Anywho, I tried to post on the newest thread in the search results for “golden ratio”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 5:25 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Now ... look at the bottom picture again.  Tasty.  See the size of his biceps?  The length of his arms?  Those are nice proportions that you seldom see in SL. 

Actually, LL would be to blame here, like most developers in other games with a character creator: they still see upper male arms as just "one whole thing", allowing just a single width and length setting for it, at most. See that picture you and many others loved? Well his arms would look much bigger looking from a "side perspective". Why? Because then his triceps, a much bigger muscle, would also be fully visible. Unfortunatelly, we don't have that kind of control in SL, so if we try to mimick that look, it would actually end with a much "thinner looking" upper arms, depending on how you look at the avatar in question. Basically, we might even get the biceps size right, but end up with the triceps proportions all wrong, with the current tools we have in SL. 

It's why you see so many male avatar with big arms: people want a athletic look, not a scrawy one. And with the current tools, achieving this on all perspectives is almost impossible in SL.

Edited by Marsellus Walcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.