Best looking mesh male avatar help me make one!!

shota Guardian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

/me sighs. Some practicalities, viz.-

The most popular male mesh bodies, according to build:

• Adam - slim, soft, 'metrosexual' - clothing and applier (skins, etc) support is not great but is Omega-compatible
  • Slink Physique - Slender (can be bulked considerably using body fat), great shoulders, 'swimmer's torso', requires separate hands and feet - clothing and applier support is excellent, also Omega-compatible
  • Signature Gianni - buff, heavy on the biceps, deltoids, and triceps, 'gym body' - clothing and applier support is excellent, also Omega-compatible
  • Belleza Jake - Between Slink and Signature in build - clothing and applier support is pretty good (it's a much newer body), also Omega-compatible
  • Niramyth Aesthetic - extremely shoulder-heavy and muscular, 'bodybuilder' - clothing support is decent, applier support is almost non-existent, also not Omega-compatible (despite what the Marketplace ads say, there is no Omega relay for Aesthetic)

There are other mesh bodies available: NX Nardcotix (low-to-average clothing and applier support, but is Omega-compatible), The Mesh Project (barely supported anymore, proprietary and runs on its own external server system, not recommended), Ex Machina Davide (brand new and proprietary, no external support outside the store that makes it as yet), and others. The main list is of the bodies that are relatively well-supported and popular enough that you'll be able to put together more than a couple of outfits (although Aesthetic is far more limited when it comes to skins and appliers).

Mesh heads:

I wear both Catwa and Lelutka heads. I own heads by GA.EG, Altamura, Akeruka, Adam, and LOGO, but I always come back to Catwa (which I find is the most responsive to sliders, although the various HUDs take some getting used to) and Lelutka (easier to use, but allows me to indulge my more androgynous side).

As to skins:

Skins are a personal decision. You'll probably find something to create the avatar look you're after at Stray Dog, but just grab demos from as many skin stores as you can. I can't tell you which is 'the best' skin, because - as I've already mentioned upthread - 'best' is subjective.

A composite of some examples from the past three months of my Flickr:

5a0354c04b41e_takeyourpick.thumb.jpg.75d34f0c4dda88a1342b39846402b48e.jpg

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 8

32 minutes ago, DanielWolfsong said:

Yes, I understand that, thanks. I am a professional artist in RL. This particular avatar is an art project - it is not used for daily SL activities or social interactions - it is a soulless avatar, an art object and an experiment. I'll be writing an article about my experience designing and building this av,

99.9% of the people here are not talking about art, but how to make their daily avatar pretty , you can, and you are, totally allowed to see it as art objects but your view will not match what most are talking about here.

Your approach isn't wrong, but can confuse people who come to this Avatar section. You might find more likewise minded people in the Creation sections?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

99.9% of the people here are not talking about art, but how to make their daily avatar pretty , you can, and you are, totally allowed to see it as art objects but your view will not match what most are talking about here.

Your approach isn't wrong, but can confuse people who come to this Avatar section. You might find more likewise minded people in the Creation sections?

Ahhh - Gotcha. I'll leave you all to your business then. Bye! 

1 hour ago, DanielWolfsong said:

it is not used for daily SL activities or social interactions

1 hour ago, DanielWolfsong said:

I'll be writing an article about my experience designing and building this av, The Golden Ratio and it's effect on people in social situations

The parts I bolded seem to me to be in conflict with each other.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JackSinned said:

I will check the exact model Catwa head when i am back home. Yeah, I used the Catwa starter shape but adjusted it quite intensively to match my previous one. If you have alot of trouble with the shape I don't mind sending the numbers in the shape that I used.

Also very important, the AO. A bad AO can make your nice avie still look clunky. Using Vista myself.

Sorry for the type o my phone retarded lol i be home in like 2 hours ahah but thanks for looking into it im excited!

8 hours ago, Gadget Portal said:

What did gorillas ever do to you?

I have nothing against Gorillas at all.  And I wish the lady Gorillas great fun and frolics with the gentleman Gorillas.  I just happen to be a not-gorilla kind of great ape.

And some of the pictures of boys in this thread are MUCH better than I have seen before.  Not sure that I like the excessive pecs, and over-muscled abs though.  I like boys who spend their time with me, and not in the gym all the time. :x

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

/me sighs. Some practicalities, viz.-

The most popular male mesh bodies, according to build:

• Adam - slim, soft, 'metrosexual' - clothing and applier (skins, etc) support is not great but is Omega-compatible
  • Slink Physique - Slender (can be bulked considerably using body fat), great shoulders, 'swimmer's torso', requires separate hands and feet - clothing and applier support is excellent, also Omega-compatible
  • Signature Gianni - buff, heavy on the biceps, deltoids, and triceps, 'gym body' - clothing and applier support is excellent, also Omega-compatible
  • Belleza Jake - Between Slink and Signature in build - clothing and applier support is pretty good (it's a much newer body), also Omega-compatible
  • Niramyth Aesthetic - extremely shoulder-heavy and muscular, 'bodybuilder' - clothing support is decent, applier support is almost non-existent, also not Omega-compatible (despite what the Marketplace ads say, there is no Omega relay for Aesthetic)

There are other mesh bodies available: NX Nardcotix (low-to-average clothing and applier support, but is Omega-compatible), The Mesh Project (barely supported anymore, proprietary and runs on its own external server system, not recommended), Ex Machina Davide (brand new and proprietary, no external support outside the store that makes it as yet), and others. The main list is of the bodies that are relatively well-supported and popular enough that you'll be able to put together more than a couple of outfits (although Aesthetic is far more limited when it comes to skins and appliers).

Mesh heads:

I wear both Catwa and Lelutka heads. I own heads by GA.EG, Altamura, Akeruka, Adam, and LOGO, but I always come back to Catwa (which I find is the most responsive to sliders, although the various HUDs take some getting used to) and Lelutka (easier to use, but allows me to indulge my more androgynous side).

As to skins:

Skins are a personal decision. You'll probably find something to create the avatar look you're after at Stray Dog, but just grab demos from as many skin stores as you can. I can't tell you which is 'the best' skin, because - as I've already mentioned upthread - 'best' is subjective.

A composite of some examples from the past three months of my Flickr:

5a0354c04b41e_takeyourpick.thumb.jpg.75d34f0c4dda88a1342b39846402b48e.jpg

I very much like the last look you have there ^^ im very use to catwa head and i love it so imma stay in that section not that you covered the bodys for me and gave a detail list i got a good idea what i want xD thanks so much!!!

Everyone else has pretty much covered what I would have said...

but I ended up choosing the Belleza Jake body after trying the demos for almost all the popular ones.  At first I had trouble finding clothing and things for it but now that isn't a problem.

I have the Catwa Daniel head and happy with that.  You can customize the bodies/heads to your liking though.

14 hours ago, anna2358 said:

There are no hot male mesh avatars available (this is, of course, my not especially humble, opinion, as a 22 year old British unattached female).

There are only muscle-bound over-shouldered gorilla-like (MBOSGL) male bodies - even the ones reviewers praise as not being MBOSGL.  And the available AOs make them look more like a gorilla than anything even vaguely human.  And the same with male mesh heads.  Not one of them looks like a person that I wouldn't avoid like the plague in RL.

Maybe that's just 21st century American female fashion in men.  But I think they all look unredeemable ugly and unattractive.

Give up.

ORLY? Me and my alts disagree.

171028_001s.png.926b9451ef03622cb0a9e0141c52b803.png

frost_001s.png.abdb09ffe84a78cb9fd091144783098d.png

cas_002.png.e44bfca9535b12a8556c284efb36fc2d.png

Pic #1: Signature Gianni body, system head. Pics #2 & #3: all system.

• Like 2

I can't see this said, I think...

Niramyth has a difficult neck fit with Catwa mesh heads. One of my other avatars used this body for a while, and no matter what I did, it was not a good enough fit.

But, maybe newer versions has a better fit. Make sure you demo the various mesh parts, with each other. Can't you make the demos look right, you will not make the full priced ones better!

Another thing with the Niramyth, while you can buy other faces now, the body still has the default skin. I remember only one creator only who has made a whole new human skin, plus some furry skins.

If you are dressed 100% of the time, maybe it does not matter... But on the beach, no matter how you customize the face and shape, the body skin will tell "Niramyth".

Today, I would say Belleza Jake is the best. The HUD is very easy to use, and it has so many alpha cuts. You can make the body muscular, almost as muscular as Niramyth.

For how to rock that mesh head, read here: http://www.virtualbloke.com/

The instructions is SO good and detailed. He is more than a pretty face!!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2017 at 1:33 PM, DanielWolfsong said:

Examples can be found in robotics, 3D computer animations, and lifelike dolls among others. With the increasing prevalence of virtual reality, augmented reality, and photorealistic computer animation, the 'valley' has been cited in the popular press in reaction to the verisimilitude of the creation as it approaches indistinguishability from reality. The uncanny valley hypothesis predicts that an entity appearing almost human risks eliciting cold, eerie feelings in viewers.

WOW, did you really include a link to the meaning of a word you used? That seems quite pompous to me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 09/11/2017 at 12:11 AM, Lewis Luminos said:

171028_001s.png.926b9451ef03622cb0a9e0141c52b803.png

The Signature body can be muscular enough; here in this pic I have the torso muscle sliders set to about 65 but you can slide them up without distorting the body; at 100 it would be a reasonably good match for a Wolverine type avatar, with the right skin.  Turn the sliders and body thickness down and you'll get a slender but very toned shape, more suited to Gambit, so yes, you could do both of those body types with this body. I'm not using a mesh head here because the skin I use for my head (Prodigal) doesn't seem to have appliers, at least none that I can find, and I really don't want to change my face at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

The Signature body can be muscular enough; here in this pic I have the torso muscle sliders set to about 65 but you can slide them up without distorting the body; at 100 it would be a reasonably good match for a Wolverine type avatar, with the right skin.  Turn the sliders and body thickness down and you'll get a slender but very toned shape, more suited to Gambit, so yes, you could do both of those body types with this body. I'm not using a mesh head here because the skin I use for my head (Prodigal) doesn't seem to have appliers, at least none that I can find, and I really don't want to change my face at all.

Thanks that nice to know! >v< thanks for the help there so many options now! Before i was like whst do it dooooo Lol now i have a idea and names to look for right now i look like a demo mummy lmao

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.