Best looking mesh male avatar help me make one!!

shota Guardian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looks im trying to achieve in second life

6a74a6f3f1996a1e5f4b3cc641235a84.jpg

x-men-origins-wolverine.jpg

YzMxNjc3M2RkOCMvcEkwUnAxTDV4eGJXc1RORF9k

7b837a5ea593e6387cd70922e372c294--gambitSo i need help  making a male avatar for role play reasons. I want that all define mucle body and handsome face but here the problem who do i buy from and which look people perfer? I want a rough look that screams hot xD do i get catwa male head? Is that what everyone going with now days? And what mesh body and skin?

Updated with som reference!!

Edited by shota Guardian

The thing with descriptors such as 'best looking', 'handsome', and 'hot' is that they are entirely subjective. What I find hot will be a complete turn-off for someone else. Likewise, 'rough' and 'muscular' have their own scales of definition, with (for example) the latter going from 'tight and buff' all the way over to 'steroid abuse'.

In short: your spec is too broad. We can't even begin to help you with creating your hot male avatar unless we have a bit more to go on. What age range? What ethnicity? What build of body? What kind of face shape and general features? What clothing style? Give us some real life examples of the kind of guy you want your male avatar to look like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, shota Guardian said:

So i need help  making a male acatar for role play reasons. I want that all define mucle body and handsome face but here the problem who do i buy from and which look people perfer? I want a rough look that screams hot xD do i get catwa male head? Is that what everyone going with now days? And what mesh body and skin?

Hot to one person is not to another.  So go for what YOU like and DEMO DEMO DEMO  until you have the look you want and then buy.   Good place to start your search is here http://meshbodyaddicts.com/    The reviews section at least gives a list of the main components out there  and check out Skell's blog ^^^ above for lots more great advice http://www.virtualbloke.com/

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 2

The two above me got it down. My tastes and your tastes and this other person's tastes will be very different.

When you do demo a lot of things, mess with the shape dials a bit, go through laggy and non-laggy places, a scripted places and unscripted places...

And try logging out and then back on with the demo on - to see if anything resets weirdly.

I would also do a little clothing shopping - I understand the selection for male avatars is very limited, so make sure that what is out there for a given body fits your fashion sense...

Also... only one male avatar that I know of comes with the 'male' part included, but that avatar's male part is child-small, and not adjustable with any shape dials...
- So if this is important to you... demo some 'maleness' kits alongside the body to make sure of compatibility. I don't think most 'male anatomy' kits come with appliers, so you're going to have to think about you skills in matching skin tones. If there is one thing I find "unattractive" in male avatars, and I spend a LOT of time in nude venues in SL... it's when their male anatomy does not match the color of the rest of their body very well...

(check this with advanced lighting on, and maybe with it off. I think most people have advanced lighting on by default now, and only turn it off when seeing if they can reduce lag... for some things this can really change what the color appears to be.)

• Like 1

There are no hot male mesh avatars available (this is, of course, my not especially humble, opinion, as a 22 year old British unattached female).

There are only muscle-bound over-shouldered gorilla-like (MBOSGL) male bodies - even the ones reviewers praise as not being MBOSGL.  And the available AOs make them look more like a gorilla than anything even vaguely human.  And the same with male mesh heads.  Not one of them looks like a person that I wouldn't avoid like the plague in RL.

Maybe that's just 21st century American female fashion in men.  But I think they all look unredeemable ugly and unattractive.

Give up.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Hi shota - I just built 2 mesh male av's from the Aesthetics NIRAMYTH folks and have been happy with how they turned-out. They do not have to look overly muscle-bound like the model in the advertisements. They scale easily, have a nice Alpha Hud and can be used in parts or whole. Also the folks over at EDDESIGN have some high quality facial modifiers that can really give a unique look. Also - Skell Dagger on this forum has a lot of good info on mesh avatars.

Myself, I like the SLINK body because its more normal, not oversized clunky muscles, more realistic IMO.

Catwa as head, though I believe Lelutka has some really nice ones too, found out later.

I would probably have sticked with Catwa anyway because I find the L'Etre skins the best, and they work on Catwa.

Stealthic (think it is spelled like that) has the best hairs for mesh heads. Also IMO of course.

Aeros for the tools down below.

Here a pic of what the above looks like on my avie:

jack3.JPG

Edited by JackSinned
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, anna2358 said:

There are no hot male mesh avatars available (this is, of course, my not especially humble, opinion, as a 22 year old British unattached female).

There are only muscle-bound over-shouldered gorilla-like (MBOSGL) male bodies - even the ones reviewers praise as not being MBOSGL.  And the available AOs make them look more like a gorilla than anything even vaguely human.  And the same with male mesh heads.  Not one of them looks like a person that I wouldn't avoid like the plague in RL.

Maybe that's just 21st century American female fashion in men.  But I think they all look unredeemable ugly and unattractive.

Give up.

I don't know - I think this one is kinda cute. 

uncanny.png

uncanny2_001.png

uncanny 3_001.png

Edited by DanielWolfsong
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, DanielWolfsong said:

I don't know - I think this one is kinda cute.

but you don't show the avatar, you show clothes

2 hours ago, anna2358 said:

There are no hot male mesh avatars available

There are only muscle-bound over-shouldered gorilla-like (MBOSGL) male bodies -

this my current look... think it's not showing really as a gorilla.. :)

body alwin_001.png

belleza jake + AG skin appliers Connor

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

The thing with descriptors such as 'best looking', 'handsome', and 'hot' is that they are entirely subjective. What I find hot will be a complete turn-off for someone else. Likewise, 'rough' and 'muscular' have their own scales of definition, with (for example) the latter going from 'tight and buff' all the way over to 'steroid abuse'.

In short: your spec is too broad. We can't even begin to help you with creating your hot male avatar unless we have a bit more to go on. What age range? What ethnicity? What build of body? What kind of face shape and general features? What clothing style? Give us some real life examples of the kind of guy you want your male avatar to look like.

xD think of maybe gambit from x-men or wolvereen 

2 hours ago, JackSinned said:

Myself, I like the SLINK body because its more normal, not oversized clunky muscles, more realistic IMO.

Catwa as head, though I believe Lelutka has some really nice ones too, found out later.

I would probably have sticked with Catwa anyway because I find the L'Etre skins the best, and they work on Catwa.

Stealthic (think it is spelled like that) has the best hairs for mesh heads. Also IMO of course.

Aeros for the tools down below.

Here a pic of what the above looks like on my avie:

jack3.JPG

Wow ge looks great!! Really digging the look great! Which head are you useing? And did you make your peronal own shape? I find the shale the hardest xD

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shota Guardian said:

Wow ge looks great!! Really digging the look great! Which head are you useing? And did you make your peronal own shape? I find the shale the hardest xD

I will check the exact model Catwa head when i am back home. Yeah, I used the Catwa starter shape but adjusted it quite intensively to match my previous one. If you have alot of trouble with the shape I don't mind sending the numbers in the shape that I used.

Also very important, the AO. A bad AO can make your nice avie still look clunky. Using Vista myself.

Edited by JackSinned
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, anna2358 said:

Give up.

What did gorillas ever do to you?

• Haha 3

As I discovered trying to track down a rendering limitation (reported in another thread), current generation Mesh heads will be quite obsolete when the Bakes-on-Mesh project is complete. In fact, not only heads, but any Mesh content that tries to use transparency-blended layers, which is doomed to hideous failure under fairly common lighting conditions viewed with Advanced Lighting Mode. Heads are worst because without a makeup layer they're pretty much clones of everyone with the same skin. (Some differentiation is possible by tweaking the shape, but beyond minimal adjustments you'll need makeup anyway to paint over the skin's shape-specific baked shading.)

After discovering that, I really regretted throwing so many L$s at male Mesh heads without knowing which creators will provide free and timely upgrades to Bakes-on-Mesh.

Setting that aside, I've had reasonable luck with a leLutka head and Tableau Vivant skin on a Slink body, and on another avatar a Catwa Daniel head on a Belleza Jake body that comes with a skin applier for that specific head (and other options seem relatively limited). All after spending a long time making my own custom makeup (and shapes, of course). FWIW, I found the leLutka HUDs much more intuitive than Catwa.

(Otherwise, I've had less success with Signature (your mileage may vary) and haven't yet figured out a combination of parts to give Akeruka a fair test, but they do have what appears to be a promising asian-shaped male head.)

Somebody mentioned Stealthic hair and I'm actually wearing that on my main avatar at the moment, but it's no-mod which I hate with a passion especially for hair. Shaping and sizing hair by script is like performing brain surgery with your toes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Sorry about that it can be any race but the images people posted below is some of the idea looks i was aiming for xD im currently at work but i will be posting pics when im off of some idea looks

10 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Hot to one person is not to another.  So go for what YOU like and DEMO DEMO DEMO  until you have the look you want and then buy.   Good place to start your search is here http://meshbodyaddicts.com/    The reviews section at least gives a list of the main components out there  and check out Skell's blog ^^^ above for lots more great advice http://www.virtualbloke.com/

Thank you i will check it out

10 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Thank you i will check it out

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

As I discovered trying to track down a rendering limitation (reported in another thread), current generation Mesh heads will be quite obsolete when the Bakes-on-Mesh project is complete. In fact, not only heads, but any Mesh content that tries to use transparency-blended layers, which is doomed to hideous failure under fairly common lighting conditions viewed with Advanced Lighting Mode. Heads are worst because without a makeup layer they're pretty much clones of everyone with the same skin. (Some differentiation is possible by tweaking the shape, but beyond minimal adjustments you'll need makeup anyway to paint over the skin's shape-specific baked shading.)

After discovering that, I really regretted throwing so many L$s at male Mesh heads without knowing which creators will provide free and timely upgrades to Bakes-on-Mesh.

Setting that aside, I've had reasonable luck with a leLutka head and Tableau Vivant skin on a Slink body, and on another avatar a Catwa Daniel head on a Belleza Jake body that comes with a skin applier for that specific head (and other options seem relatively limited). All after spending a long time making my own custom makeup (and shapes, of course). FWIW, I found the leLutka HUDs much more intuitive than Catwa.

(Otherwise, I've had less success with Signature (your mileage may vary) and haven't yet figured out a combination of parts to give Akeruka a fair test, but they do have what appears to be a promising asian-shaped male head.)

Somebody mentioned Stealthic hair and I'm actually wearing that on my main avatar at the moment, but it's no-mod which I hate with a passion especially for hair. Shaping and sizing hair by script is like performing brain surgery with your toes.

Asian shape you say i shall check it out in world i have tried making male avatar before but wasited alot of L on a horribke adtempt not know which places is the best or have decent skins come ti find out shapes also make over all apperance and it the most hard to find

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

whats the point than for spending thousends..and hours work on mesh parts?

Clothed you can reach the same look with only a mesh head and standard body.

Yes, I understand that, thanks. I am a professional artist in RL. This particular avatar is an art project - it is not used for daily SL activities or social interactions - it is a soulless avatar, an art object and an experiment. I'll be writing an article about my experience designing and building this av, The Golden Ratio and it's effect on people in social situations involving the Uncanny Valley effect. 

In aesthetics, the uncanny valley is a hypothesized relationship between the degree of an object's resemblance to a human being and the emotional response to such an object. The concept of the uncanny valley suggests that humanoid objects which appear almost, but not exactly, like real human beings elicit uncanny, or strangely familiar, feelings of eeriness and revulsion in observers.[2] Valley denotes a dip in the human observer's affinity for the replica, a relation that otherwise increases with the replica's human likeness.[3]

Examples can be found in robotics, 3D computer animations, and lifelike dolls among others. With the increasing prevalence of virtual reality, augmented reality, and photorealistic computer animation, the 'valley' has been cited in the popular press in reaction to the verisimilitude of the creation as it approaches indistinguishability from reality. The uncanny valley hypothesis predicts that an entity appearing almost human risks eliciting cold, eerie feelings in viewers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.