New Perk for Premium Members ?

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So there it is. A new perk for premium members that costs LL absolutely nothing, and adds nothing for anyone. They announced the increase in fees, saying that it's gonna be an excitng future SL for everyone. And here's the bone to sweeten it - except it sweetens nothing.

They really must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if that's all they can come up with to sweeten the increase in fees.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

They should double the free land allowance to 1024. that won't cost them anything either

I really, really wish they would do this, but it's not necessarily the case that it wouldn't cost them anything. There are plenty of folks who pay for 512 tier above and beyond their "bonus" 512 who would just stop paying that extra if they could get 1024 on bonus. (Same idea with combining the 512 bonuses of multiple Premium accounts -- the last thing they'd want is to end up decreasing the number of those Premium subscriptions.)

There may be ways to discourage that outcome, I'm not sure, but there must be something that can be done. They have a whole lot of empty Mainland that should be possible to leverage for better retention and some additional revenue. Somebody needs to think out of the box about how to do that.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I really, really wish they would do this, but it's not necessarily the case that it wouldn't cost them anything. There are plenty of folks who pay for 512 tier above and beyond their "bonus" 512 who would just stop paying that extra if they could get 1024 on bonus. (Same idea with combining the 512 bonuses of multiple Premium accounts -- the last thing they'd want is to end up decreasing the number of those Premium subscriptions.)

There may be ways to discourage that outcome, I'm not sure, but there must be something that can be done. They have a whole lot of empty Mainland that should be possible to leverage for better retention and some additional revenue. Somebody needs to think out of the box about how to do that.

True  but how many people just pay tier at the 512 level?

I suspect that most people quickly decide moving a bit higher isn't that much more per month and go for it.

Look at how many 1024's there are for rent on estates compared to 4096's. 

37 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

True  but how many people just pay tier at the 512 level?

I suspect that most people quickly decide moving a bit higher isn't that much more per month and go for it.

Look at how many 1024's there are for rent on estates compared to 4096's. 

I know for a fact if we got 1024 my other half would go premium, we would ditch my linden house bolthole and combine our two 1024's for a nice little plot to play with away from the business homestead we rent then over time may ditch the homestead and go bigger still.  It's late I am starting to dream early huh :/

• Like 5

I want the region I'm driving in to forecast to the region I'm heading toward the very strong possibility that I will be entering that region, when and where, along with all pertinent, parametric particulars. Maybe this is impossible. Maybe it already does this. Maybe I wouldn't actually enter that next region, braking hard instead to a stop just short of the crossing and <shouting> "Psyche!"

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Phoebe Avro said:

To tempt me to Premium, LL could make a gun that kills a griefer for a few hours with no relogin for that time ^^

Like every other tool, the griefers will pervert it to lock out newbies for hours.   :(

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Like every other tool, the griefers will pervert it to lock out newbies for hours.   :(

Well I am not sure I have ever met a premium griefer normaly they are throw away accounts. BTW I know it will never happen because it could be abused, it was just a joke on my part!

Edited by Phoebe Avro

Honestly i don't understand it.

Merchants download their transaction history monthly.

Customers only need it if something is wrong with their purchase, which should be taken care of in less than a month too.

So who is it for? Someone enlighten me, please.

There is no magic premium bonus that will please all, but i feel that each perk should be the tipping point of where someone feels they want to get premium for it.

For some that is the stipend, a weekly allowance with no hassle, and a free house.

For others it could be the extra group limit, or for creating experiences.

Each one of these should be the feature that makes premium worthwhile, on it's own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.