Do you have any Mermaid Avatars you'd like to share?

Vivien0Koisera

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While your pictures are lovely, the ones showing the breasts need to be removed or modified.  The forums are required to stay PG.

Clothes are for humans and do you know how uncomfortable those seashell bras are???

Unfortunately, you're still right - there are oversensitive humans reading this forum so here is a carefully censored picture

5a01c1c8892bd_ChinReyMermaidcensored.png.dbe36f0670ae384aa442ddaafaa50a9c.png

The Safe Waters Foundation HQ ar Union Passage is still the place for mers to meet other mers btw. It's a great sight to see for land dwellers too but please note that it's a no drowning zone so make sure you wear suitable diving equipment.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Clothes are for humans and do you know how uncomfortable those seashell bras are???

xD  xD

Unfortunately, you're still right - there are oversensitive humans reading this forum so here is a carefully censored picture

I'm sure LL would say it is for the kids, but it is probably totally for all the prudish ones.

Speaking of which, why is it that the breasts are usually only considered taboo when there are nipples showing?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

xD  xD

I'm sure LL would say it is for the kids, but it is probably totally for all the prudish ones.

Speaking of which, why is it that the breasts are usually only considered taboo when there are nipples showing?

ah okay those pics are removed ^^;;

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have a sudden desire to find a mermaid avatar/outfit when I get back inworld.  :)

Oh yes!

Some of the loveliest places in Second Life are under water and if you're the kind who like to dance in SL, why settle for a flat dance floor when you can move in three dimensions? ^_^

You better hurry up if you want to see Aley's 13 sim Blake Diego/Fanci Deep build though. It's being slowly but surely dismantled, replaced by glossier stuff. (I have really mixed feelings about that btw. It was the very last, and possible the greatest, work by one of SL's most iconic builders and it really should have been preserved as a whole. But it's also a living, active community and you can't live in a museum of course...)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vivien0Koisera said:

Hi I'm Vivien or Viv. I'm a mermaid so I have yet to see any other merfolk as often. So share your pics of your sea life avatars here! Here are a few of mine :)

BTW - For those of us somewhat clueless on Merfolk attire, could you share the specifics of the avatar/body/etc... that you are wearing?

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

xD  xD

Kind of sad isn't it that some people still get offended by nudity and you are right, women can be pretty much topless as long as the nipples are covered up, strange.

Anyway it's 5am and I am blabbering on, enjoy posting your mermaid pictures. :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

BTW - For those of us somewhat clueless on Merfolk attire, could you share the specifics of the avatar/body/etc... that you are wearing?

My merform is a mix&match of different things but I'll try to list them (at least the parts still purchasable).

35762218373_4e8518efa7_h.thumb.jpg.1149e02404b78a79562e3daa2e4d4f4b.jpg

Body : Belleza Venus,

Tail : JOMO female mermaid tail,

Body scales : :[Even~Tide]: Gradient Mer Scales,

Underarm webs : Oceanborn ice mermaiden (arm webs),

Finned ears and Headfins from Soul,

Chest and arm glows : -Deep Seas- Biolume Mermaid Tail Rose,

Hips fins : ..:SweeT LieS:.. Marina outfit,

Neck ornament : ..:SweeT LieS:.. Aqua Gardbrace,

Hairs : #ZPN Python Colors,

The shell bra is a custom mod from furniture's parts I unlinked and relinked together.

Edited by Morgan Rosenstar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A couple years ago, I stumbled into a creepy carnival. The rides looked as though they were held together with tape and prayers. I took my chance and played one of those impossible-to-win games where you shoot out a star pattern with a bb-gun. Much to my surprise, I was successful! My prize was a mongoloid looking, half-dead fish in a bag. I felt sorry for it and planned to give it a proper death in my toilet at home. Upon closer inspection, it was a tiny little mermaid! I tossed it into my goldfish tank and was fascinated by the way it decimated the population in a matter of hours. Weeks went on and it grew bigger and bigger. She outgrew tank after tank, a 55 gallon barrel, a tarp-lined pickup truck box and kiddie pool.

One night, while some friends and I were doing our darnedest to fill the back of my truck with empty beer cans, I joked that I'd have to house her in my above-ground rubber pool. It was a light-bulb moment and so we set out wrangling the slithery, pokey, BITE-Y mermaid into my pool.

You can just make her out on the bottom here:b73fa41e9da391a740444315af49e043.png

She sulked for a long time...I can't say that I blame her. b7f7fdaa3ca0a65571d3c95f92239a44.png

I keep her fed by forcing her to do tricks for bits of imitation crab on the end of a fishing pole. Its great fun! Although, there are times when she falls out of the pool and thrashes about in the grass.

449a3db2a5d5e09d178831eac110f751.png

27d55c997abba0a4a69af27c1be8ca0e.png

The carnival has since moved on. Folks, let this be a lesson in why you should never take home prize fish in bags!

Edited by November Velde
one of my words was sensored!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I put together a mer avatar about 3 years ago so it's all a bit dated now.  The green outfit is from Bare Rose and the tail is a flexi one that I think was a freebie that is no longer available. But the reason I like it better than the mesh ones is that it moves properly, instead of just bending in the middle at the knees like mesh ones do.  The still images don't do it justice; it looks fantastic in motion.  I'm looking forward to seeing what creators will do with bento tails though.

mer_004.png.c2a20465c0e68e76e040b485635641f1.png

mer_010.png.cbcb48d42f4f5b8ab33d037b7aaa7357.png

I also put together my own mer-AO which uses a variety of hovers in place of stands, and flying animations instead of walks, and it works really well underwater.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

the tail is a flexi one that I think was a freebie that is no longer available.

That's the Taliesin SIren and it's still avaiable as a freebie. The maker, Caroline Winslet is very generous with her gifts, she also has other really good freebie tails as well as a basic mer AO. Strongly recommended for anybody who wants to become a mer!

This is me now

Head: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Freebie-Fox-Avs/5702416

I retextured the eyes with a Kemono eye I had made myself.  The texture's not available on its own but you can get it on a Kemono applier: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Testy-Pink-Eye/12196617

Body: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/free-furry-avatars-by-Wingless-Emoto/5846626

Tail/Fins/Top: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Taliesins-Tails-RFL-Purple/6108273

Hair is from some freebie place inworld.  Freebie Galaxy maybe?

AO: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Taliesins-Tails-Basic-mer-ao-Boxed-V2/4325396

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.