Item Sent Different From Item Purchased

svspirii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, svspirii said:

I bought a skin, but I was sent a different version of the skin than the version that I purchased. The owner doesn't seem to be an active user. Is it possible for me to get my lindens back?

Probably not, if the seller is no longer active in sl.  Did you purchase in world or on marketplace?  If on marketplace, check to see if there is an in world store, or a sales/service rep.  If in world perhaps there is a group for the store where you can ask.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

Probably not, if the seller is no longer active in sl.  Did you purchase in world or on marketplace?  If on marketplace, check to see if there is an in world store, or a sales/service rep.  If in world perhaps there is a group for the store where you can ask.

I bought it in the marketplace. There was a landmark, but the store doesn't exist anymore. I paid a lot for the skin, so I hope that there's something that can be done since the skin that I received is blatantly the wrong skin.

2 hours ago, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

The store could have moved - have you tried a search in world for the seller?

Don't get me started.  My pet hate is people moving and not updating their MP slurl second to "maitreya" clothes not coming close to fitting the body  *sneaks back out* :ph34r:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, svspirii said:

I paid a lot for the skin, so I hope that there's something that can be done since the skin that I received is blatantly the wrong skin.

If the seller is no longer active on SL or you don't hear back from the seller, flag the skin listing on the Marketplace as "Item not as advertised".
Then file a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ - explain what happened, include the MP link to the skin & tell them you already flagged it.

You may get a L$ refund from LL support, but it's not a given, they seem to look at these kinds of issues on a case by case basis.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
typo
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.