New store owner with questions re: Lucky Chairs and Free Gits

princesscheyane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

New business owner with questions about Lucky Chairs and Free Gifts:  How do I find free nice gifts for my Lucky Chairs and my new store?  I do know the gifts must be copy, modify and transfer I believe?  I am not a designer and my store is a franchise affiliate.  Looking to drive some traffic to my store. 

I keep seeing people who start group and are charging a small fee due to bots?  What is this about?

Also best way to advertise other than a group, would that be the classified listing?

Been on second life for a while but a lot of this is new and I am trying to learn as much as possible,  thanks in advance for helping me out!!

In general lucky chairs (more popular in the past than now) and midnight boards and mini mania are filled with products from the store they are in. So if you have a hair store you might put one color in the prize giver, or an older hair that you want to retire. Even if you can find full perm items that you can legally pass along to folks, they most likely won't be that interested in the to play.   

Likely a futile exercise I think. 

• Like 1

Hunts are usually a good way to drive traffic, not sure how that would work for an affiliate though.

I also second Chic in saying that the items in boards and lucky chairs are usually products from the actual store.  

And never, ever  give away items full perm.  Best to make them copy only, or transfer only.  

Hope that helps a bit.  You will learn as you go along.  When I started my shop five years ago, it was all new to me too, even though I had been in sl for a while.  But then I create my own products.  :P

Thank you all for your advice!  Unfortunately with an affiliate franchise it has to be their items, am working with the owner of the franchise to get some freebie gifts.  Not sure if I can be part of a hunt; good idea I will check and see!! Any advice or ideas are greatly appreciated, learning alot right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, princesscheyane said:

Thank you all for your advice!  Unfortunately with an affiliate franchise it has to be their items, am working with the owner of the franchise to get some freebie gifts.  Not sure if I can be part of a hunt; good idea I will check and see!! Any advice or ideas are greatly appreciated, learning alot right now.

A LOT of hunts don't allow affiliates and many only let folks in that make their own products. So "no resellers" is pretty much the rule on any hunt I have been in.  

Have no great ideas for you except to learn to make your own things -- and that is a  journey in itself :D. 

• Like 1

I am not sure if that still exist in SL but back in the day when I used to "go out" in SL you could find little shops in front of popular clubs. That's your best bet, put your affiliate shop in an area that already has some traffic, otherwise its up to you to bring traffic in, which can be pretty hard for a new merchant, specially if you don't sell your own creations. 

Another thing you can do is find a friend or two and make a deal, rent a parcel together and work on bringing traffic to all shops. 

Whatever you try there is a point in which you'll realize that you won't sell much if you don't work hard and if you work hard then most of the benefits of working hard will go to the real owner while you'll get some percentage... 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.