Issues with shoe bases

Lasirra Spiritor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am having issues with my shoe bases in world. When I put on shoes (I have a classic avi) the heel base is so thick that you cannot see the heel of the shoe. I was having this issue on my old laptop and desktop. I got a new laptop just about four months ago and the issue was resolved up until just about a week ago. I don't know if anybody else has been having this issue but I would like to find others who are so I either know I am not the only one or if they can help me fix the issue. I tried to ask in the Firestorm support group but nobody knew what I was asking. I will post a photo this time. Thank you for any an all help! Oh and I am not a newbie, I have been in SL since 2009 but I don't ever post here for help so I guess it lists me as a newbie.

feet.jpg

Edited by Lasirra Spiritor

2 minutes ago, Lasirra Spiritor said:

Hello, I am having issues with my shoe bases in world. When I put on shoes (I have a classic avi) the heel base is so thick that you cannot see the heel of the shoe. I was having this issue on my old laptop and desktop. I got a new laptop just about four months ago and the issue was resolved up until just about a week ago. I don't know if anybody else has been having this issue but I would like to find others who are so I either know I am not the only one or if they can help me fix the issue. I tried to ask in the Firestorm support group but nobody knew what I was asking. I will post a photo this time. Thank you for any an all help! Oh and I am not a newbie, I have been in SL since 2009 but I don't ever post here for help so I guess it lists me as a newbie.

Gosh its been  a long time since I wore classic shoes that I can't remember but my first guess would be is the shoe fitted for classic avatars or is there supposed to be an alpha to wear?

I live barefoot 99% of the time :)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lasirra Spiritor said:

These shoes were purchased before mesh and alphas were a huge thing. They are meant for classic avi's and they fit fine up until maybe ten months ago. I believe I purchased them in 2009 or 2010

I am out of ideas then.  Hopefully someone will be along to help soon.   

• Thanks 1

Given the age of the shoes, it might use an invisiprim instead of an alpha, and I'm not sure invisiprims are as well supported anymore.

You might be able to find an alpha from another pair of shoes that would match, or alternatively treat yourself to a new pair!

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well like I said I just recently got a new computer, about 4 months ago and the problem was fixed up until just a week ago. So I don't know what could have caused it to start happening again. I have lots of mesh shoes that work just fine. I just wondered if others had run into this issue and what they did to fix it. I guess if I can't wear them anymore then I can't...

They look like very old sculpt shoes and will have a built in invisiprim.  I expect that your new computer runs ALM which is why the invisiprims no longer work.  Even if you disable the advanced lighting in preferences these shoes will appear to most residents as they do in the picture you supplied.

Very few shoes are being made for the classic avatar feet now, as nothing can be done about the cankles, and alphas don't always give a good enough effect.  Also there just isn't a big enough market for them.  I'd bite the bullet and get mesh feet or a mesh body with feet.  Your footwear choices will be so much better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to everybody who replied and are helping me. I do honestly appreciate it. Parhelion, I did turn off my advanced lighting model and it fixed the issue. I wasn't at home when everybody started responding. I do plan to get a mesh avi but now it's a matter of figuring which one I prefer. Are there places that offer demos on mesh avi's?

• Like 1

If you've had the shoes since 2009 they still would have used invisi prims which are now borked if you have any shoes with alphas you can try using those to hide your heels or a quick marketplace search found free alpha layers for heels that might be of use. if you still want to use a classic body a pair of mesh feet is a worthwhile investment i would suggest going for Slink or Slink compatible feet as there is the widest range of footwear made for these feet when you do upgrade to a mesh body you will still be able to use the feet i think the only exception is Belleza where i seem to remember the feet are integral to the body 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lasirra Spiritor said:

Thank you to everybody who replied and are helping me. I do honestly appreciate it. Parhelion, I did turn off my advanced lighting model and it fixed the issue. I wasn't at home when everybody started responding. I do plan to get a mesh avi but now it's a matter of figuring which one I prefer. Are there places that offer demos on mesh avi's?

I reply late, and you already found out the problem. In low graphics, invisiprims still work, and I have heard about it before. I just write this because someone may search for the topic later:  People turn on advanced lightning when they wear boots or shoes without invisiprims. Then they change to a old pair of shoes maybe next day, next week, and does not associate it with that they turned up the graphic details before, because they didn't see the issue immediatly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.