Did LL just give up on the mainland?

Israel Schnute

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 06/11/2017 at 5:25 AM, Qa Boa said:

G-rated (though you can do anything you want INSIDE your abode

Actually no you can't.

On 06/11/2017 at 10:22 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

They need to convert all the mature mainland to adult, all the general rated land to mature,  and have a separate g rated continent for all the prudes.

So what of the people that bought mainland in regions with certain ratings for a reason? Do you suggest they all just sell and move?

On 12/11/2017 at 12:05 AM, iamyourneighbour said:

That's still fine... I decided to request for a nearby abandoned land which is 4000 sqm in size to be auctioned off.

Someone brought it, put up a gigantic ugly 2D jungle wall and never bothered to show up again. Lucky the build perms are on so I just squat a bigger wall to hide that other 2D jungle wall. There are still a lot of structural abominations on mainland.

Kinda reminds me of this parcel I own. I used it for my rent a prim business back in the current days and one day I got a message from someone asking if they can buy it. I wouldn't sell it at the time as people still has stuff there but I offered to take down my build and let them put up a wall to match the theme of the region (they acquired most of the region by this time).

On 11/24/2017 at 1:31 AM, Hintswen Guardian said:

So what of the people that bought mainland in regions with certain ratings for a reason? Do you suggest they all just sell and move?

Anyone that I've talked to that live on G  land have told me they have sex stuff anyway, and the only difference between mature and adult is indoor vs outdoor sex.

It won't be that big a deal

On 05/11/2017 at 5:31 PM, Israel Schnute said:

I thought there were bot and resources policies, but nothing gets done for YEARS

There are bot policies in place. Perhaps you're not familiar with them. Unregistered bots are not allowed on land that's set to show in search. That's it. There are no bot policies in place concerning the abandoned land that you speak of.

On 06/11/2017 at 7:26 PM, Israel Schnute said:

Ditto for not enforcing the bot policy for years and years too.

See above.

8 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

There are bot policies in place. Perhaps you're not familiar with them. Unregistered bots are not allowed on land that's set to show in search. That's it. There are no bot policies in place concerning the abandoned land that you speak of.

So whats the difference between a bot that is not allowed on land that is searchable, and an alt you log in and just leave at your club and never do anything with?

Or make that a dozen alts at most of the clubs I've seen with them.

The difference is whether or not the Linden who investigates is convinced that your alt is not there just to boost the traffic count. With one, I imagine that s/he will let it go, but with a dozen or so, and the owner may be found to be in breach of the rules. Of course, a Linden probably has no way of knowing that all the alts are actually the owner's alts, so I guess they'd be judged as traffic bots anyway. It's really up the the Linden to decide what they are and why they are there. That's assuming that the club is in search, of course.

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2017 at 7:13 AM, Klytyna said:

This may come as a surprise to you but... I't's common for the traffic figures on abandoned parcels to be in the 'thousands', as often as not, before the place was abandoned, it was a club or a shop, and there are these old old fossil people from the dawn of long ago, who log in and NEVER think to update their LM's untill they tp to that store they went to 7 years ago and ...

*GASP*

It's not there any more!

Assuming everybody who visits an empty parcel is a 'bot' is just ignorant.

To you, from where you are standing, apparently, not so to others standing elsewhere, ah well...

This may come as a shock to you as well... Your premium subscription and even your tier payments, do NOT generate enough income for LL to pay an army of "Cop Lindens" to patrol EVERY Madlands sim EVERY day, to ensure that all is in accordance with YOUR interpretation of "Murican Squeamishness".

File an AR, derender the thing, stop being such a whiny wuss...

I'm tempted to say "2nd-Wave Lastnamer Entitlement Syndrome" but you're a 3rd-Waver...

And finally... To answer your thread title question...

Lots of people gave up on the Madlands years ago, thats why 2/3rd's of the Grid consists of non Madlands 'private regions'...

Um, it's not about Americans, that's bigotry.

I find a lot of Europeans and Asians who don't like garbage on the Mainland either. Some of them buy up sims to make very nice areas and your characterization of the Mainland as the Madland doesn't apply. It doesn't apply on the sims I own and my neighbors who have been there for years, so knock it off.

I don't want to use a third-party viewer, which I view as data scrapers and grief bastions, to derender things. And PS, I don't believe in a shattered, atomized world of people each living with their own version of reality. That's how you get fake news. I believe in a community where everyone has a view of reality that then constitutes "reality" that is shared. Go up in a skybox if you don't like the ground.

It doesn't matter if 2/3 or more of the grid is private islands. Mainland still exists, is  a product, is sold, and needs to be maintained despite oldbies and gadflies on the forums agitating against it -- and who knows if they are Linden alts -- who in many cases don't even live on the Mainland and don't know what they are talking about.

Not liking giant pen1ses and garbage on land around you isn't being a prude -- you might like those things in your skybox or the privacy of your home. But you can be a good citizen and not inflict that on everyone around you. That's what civil society is about which is not the hedonistic totalitarianism you always endorse under the guise of freedom.

The biggest problem people have isn't what live users make on their lawns, but the garbage left by people who lived for a time and left their land and went away never to log on again. Charter members have tier paid in perpetuity, and they are some of the culprits. Some people pay $72 a year but leave and don't get a refund because they can't. The Lindens are over-generous on people who don't pay their bills for months on end. All of these policies could change and make the Mainland better.

The answer to this problem isn't to tell the legion of law-abiding and creative and decent citizens who don't like their land crapped up to shut up and stop being weenies and Trumpkins, the answer is to tell the tiny, tiny bunch of crypto-anarchists and script kiddies to go live in sandboxes and stop creating mayhem for the rest of us.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.