Did LL just give up on the mainland?

Israel Schnute

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First, even with events, the destination guide, or being a busy city, doesn't hold a candle to the traffic count of the abandoned land in my sim (or all over the mainland).  Traffic in the THOUSANDS for abandoned land?  I thought there were bot and resources policies, but nothing gets done for YEARS except for the  lag.

Now, they do not even do anything about adult content.  We have to look at a giant 1/8th sim sized glowing Male Genitalia.  We don't live in Zindra, but maybe we should.  I never see this in Zinda.   You get an unobstructed view of this disgusting thing for sims and sims and sims and sims away.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Foxglove/59/36/52

I wonder if I would get in trouble for posting a screenshot, while no one does anything about the in-world version?

Why do us suckers even bother?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Move to the old Teen grid. G-rated (though you can do anything you want INSIDE your abode) - and it's clean as a whistle. best-kept secret in SL for land. To see the mini-continent I'm speaking of, open Map and type in Yarmouth. Lots of land for sale there at 2006 prices.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Israel Schnute said:

First, even with events, the destination guide, or being a busy city, doesn't hold a candle to the traffic count of the abandoned land in my sim (or all over the mainland).  Traffic in the THOUSANDS for abandoned land?  I thought there were bot and resources policies, but nothing gets done for YEARS except for the  lag.

Now, they do not even do anything about adult content.  We have to look at a giant 1/8th sim sized glowing Male Genitalia.  We don't live in Zindra, but maybe we should.  I never see this in Zinda.   You get an unobstructed view of this disgusting thing for sims and sims and sims and sims away.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Foxglove/59/36/52

I wonder if I would get in trouble for posting a screenshot, while no one does anything about the in-world version?

Undoubtedly you'd get a warning for posting a screenshot (shame I know), because things are meant to be kept as PG here, even if the glowing genitalia was some kind of artwork (and if Tracy Emin can display a scruffy bed in a gallery and it be classed as art, and half a cow pickled in formaldehyde, then some would say a large glowing free-standing willy was art). 

5 hours ago, Israel Schnute said:

They need to convert all the mature mainland to adult, all the general rated land to mature,  and have a separate g rated continent for all the prudes.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a few words
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

They need to convert all the mature mainland to adult, all the general rated land to mature,  and have a separate g rated continent for all the prudes.

/me snorts with laughter. And T rated sims for all the trolls to live on together. And so on and so on.

I had a very chuckleworthy conversation with a buddy who talks to me via email. He went to check out the giant glowing *****. It's actually worth a look by all accounts, not the object itself, which, if it is anatomically accurate, is pretty darn ugly apparently (!!) but the reason its there, which has been written in the description and object name field on the object. 

And to quote this:

Name: "(AnAvatarName) can go suck this massive ***** for blocking my view!"

Description: "F*ck you for blocking the view from my land you massive bellend!"

So its a neighbour dispute, but frankly, the owner of the land, who has rezzed the massive glowing phallus above it, in revenge for a neighbour he has clashed with, looks like the bigger bellend. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
brackets
  • Haha 1

Just now, Marigold Devin said:

/me snorts with laughter. And T rated sims for all the trolls to live on together. And so on and so on.

I had a very chuckleworthy conversation with a buddy who talks to me via email. He went to check out the giant glowing *****. It's actually worth a look by all accounts, not the object itself, which, if it is anatomically accurate, is pretty darn ugly apparently (!!) but the reason its there, which has been written in the description and object name field on the object. 

And to quote this:

Name: "AnAvatarName) can go suck this massive ***** for blocking my view!"

Description: "F*ck you for blocking the view from my land you massive bellend!"

So its a neighbour dispute, but frankly, the owner of the land, who has rezzed the massive glowing phallus above it, in revenge for a neighbour he has clashed with, looks like the bigger bellend. 

oh thats funny, i must go take a look :) 

Just now, Marigold Devin said:

Poor b4gger must have some bigger issues going on somewhere in his life. Was the pen1s bigger than his store - is it *that* massive?

Its pretty big, but hardly anything for anyone to get all bent out of shape over. Its just a general shape, no real detail at all. I was expecting a lot better.

7 hours ago, Qa Boa said:

Move to the old Teen grid. G-rated (though you can do anything you want INSIDE your abode) - and it's clean as a whistle. best-kept secret in SL for land. To see the mini-continent I'm speaking of, open Map and type in Yarmouth. Lots of land for sale there at 2006 prices.

I think you are wrong there:

General Parcel_lght_G.png

A region designated General is not allowed to advertise or make available content or activity that is sexually explicit, violent, or depicts nudity.  Sexually-oriented objects such as "sex beds" or poseballs may not be located or sold in General regions.

Sex beds are not allowed anywhere in a G sim,  even inside a building

So this is the community.

1) Derender it.  Because, if someones breaking the rules, or causing an eyesore for your visitors, you along ignoring it solves the problem.  Kinda like a gang fight outside.  Ignore it.

1a)  How do I get every passerby to do such?  Am I getting paid to do a mass movement to circumvent the lack of activity from the people I pay thousands of $$ to?

2) After 10 years , move to the Teen Grid.  Because if they don't respond to the guidelines, they're magically and mysteriously going to in another part of the grid?

3) It's the general shape, not a "detailed" shape of one.  If you don't look at it dead on, and do it from area's where people actually are, or on the road, for many many many sims away, or near, it looks pretty clear.  Even without glasses.

3a) I didn't know the rules of things deal with the level of detail.  It is what it is.  I see nothing in the guidelines about the "artistic" value of such.

Ditto for not enforcing the bot policy for years and years too.

1 hour ago, Israel Schnute said:

1) Derender it.  Because, if someones breaking the rules, or causing an eyesore for your visitors, you along ignoring it solves the problem.  Kinda like a gang fight outside.  Ignore it.

1a)  How do I get every passerby to do such?  Am I getting paid to do a mass movement to circumvent the lack of activity from the people I pay thousands of $$ to?

2) After 10 years , move to the Teen Grid.  Because if they don't respond to the guidelines, they're magically and mysteriously going to in another part of the grid?

3) It's the general shape, not a "detailed" shape of one.  If you don't look at it dead on, and do it from area's where people actually are, or on the road, for many many many sims away, or near, it looks pretty clear.  Even without glasses.

3a) I didn't know the rules of things deal with the level of detail.  It is what it is.  I see nothing in the guidelines about the "artistic" value of such.

Ditto for not enforcing the bot policy for years and years too.

Someone already told you to submit an Abuse Report.

I'm curious as to where your parcel is in relationship to this giant floating thing. 

I think most people would just laugh at it and go about their business.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 11:01 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

the pen1s owner should really complain about the giant bill board blocking his view.. no wait.. its his giant bill board

uglysign_001.png

That's still fine... I decided to request for a nearby abandoned land which is 4000 sqm in size to be auctioned off.

Someone brought it, put up a gigantic ugly 2D jungle wall and never bothered to show up again. Lucky the build perms are on so I just squat a bigger wall to hide that other 2D jungle wall. There are still a lot of structural abominations on mainland.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 8:05 AM, iamyourneighbour said:

There are still a lot of structural abominations on mainland.

That's what I like about mainland, one persons abomination is another ones creative genius.

On mainland I don't have to worry about side yard clearances, percentages of parcel covered, or height restrictions.

I like to think my place is one of the abominations, its big, its ugly, its made almost entirely of regular prims, but its home 

:)

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line, added a word
  • Like 1

On 05 November 2017 at 5:31 PM, Israel Schnute said:

Traffic in the THOUSANDS for abandoned land?  I thought there were bot and resources policies, but nothing gets done for YEARS except for the  lag.

This may come as a surprise to you but... I't's common for the traffic figures on abandoned parcels to be in the 'thousands', as often as not, before the place was abandoned, it was a club or a shop, and there are these old old fossil people from the dawn of long ago, who log in and NEVER think to update their LM's untill they tp to that store they went to 7 years ago and ...

*GASP*

It's not there any more!

Assuming everybody who visits an empty parcel is a 'bot' is just ignorant.

We have to look at a giant 1/8th sim sized glowing Male Genitalia.

To you, from where you are standing, apparently, not so to others standing elsewhere, ah well...

On 06 November 2017 at 7:26 PM, Israel Schnute said:

This may come as a shock to you as well... Your premium subscription and even your tier payments, do NOT generate enough income for LL to pay an army of "Cop Lindens" to patrol EVERY Madlands sim EVERY day, to ensure that all is in accordance with YOUR interpretation of "Murican Squeamishness".

File an AR, derender the thing, stop being such a whiny wuss...

I'm tempted to say "2nd-Wave Lastnamer Entitlement Syndrome" but you're a 3rd-Waver...

And finally... To answer your thread title question...

Lots of people gave up on the Madlands years ago, thats why 2/3rd's of the Grid consists of non Madlands 'private regions'...

• Like 2

On 11/6/2017 at 3:06 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Someone already told you to submit an Abuse Report.

I'm curious as to where your parcel is in relationship to this giant floating thing. 

I think most people would just laugh at it and go about their business.

Oh, really, an "abuse report"?  Those things that get ignored thus prompting a thread on the subject?  Who would've thunk it???

In other words, see "Original Post", before wasting our bandwidth with nothing constructive.

And Klytyna strongly disagrees with you.  She says that tier doesn't cover "Cop Lindens", and hence you shouldn't expect anything from abuse reports.

So, why file?  And why do they even give you the option, if tier doesn't cover it?

You two can fight it out, maybe troll each other on other threads too.  It seems I've been left out of this conversation, and get really ridiculous divorced from reality rants that doesn't hold my interest nor my sympathy.

PS. If you're not a bot, why would you have bot in your profile and name? Like really.

It seems I've been left out of this conversation, and get really ridiculous divorced from reality rants that doesn't hold my interest nor my sympathy.

No, you are the one divorced from reality here... Abuse Reports, and "Cop Lindens" patroling the Madlands everry day looking for "crimes" are different things.

LL do not and cannot send a Linden to every Madlands sim every day to personally check if "ratings violations" are taking place. The system they use is SIMPLE enough even somebody with a poor grasp of reality should be able to grasp it.

1. Observe apparent violation.

2. File Abuse Report, with screen shot and clear description of the violation

3. Wait for action to be taken

4. If no action is taken, accept that the Linden investigating the AR, did not agree with your assumption, and move on...

This isn't a "ridiculous rant" nor is it "trolling", its us telling you what you should do about your presumed problem with one of your neighbors, as laid down in the official procedures disseminated by good old LL...

And finally...

PS. If you're not a bot, why would you have bot in your profile and name? Like really.

Over the years, I've met a number of people who chose login names, and display names, and write profiles, designed to say that they are 'bots' in the sense of 'robots', 'droids', 'cybernetic creatures', etc. I've even seen people who pretend to be SL bots... SL is like that, get over it.

Your claim that all the accounts visiting the 'abandoned parcel' to generate 'thousands of traffic points' must be bots, is now extended to you personally monitoring every visitor, 24 hours a day 7 days a week and seeing that they are all called 'bot'.

Yeah right...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.