You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you allow TP into the parcel, then anyone could see you at any height.  And once they TP to the ground set landing point, they can easily fly up to wherever the skybox is.

Basically, anyone you allow onto the parcel can then get to any location on the parcel unless you have a Security Orb protecting part of the parcel.  Yet that still will not prevent the peeping if they are already on the parcel.

The is the main truth point.

But here's the thing: SL, for good or bad, is still 80-90% all naughty adult stuff. One simply cannot avoid it. I say that to say this: Anyone other than an incredibly-curious newbie , just won't care. So I wouldn't be concerned with peepers. You'll be peeped on. If you're doing the adulty stuff then emote and chat in IM, that is always private. As for land security: use a security orb - IM me in world, I'll give you a free one - or you can find some really good free full-perms security orb scripts on Market Place  (Never spend L$ for a security orb, not worth it unless you own half a region or larger). - BUT, be *NICE* about it. At least set a 10 second (or longer warning. :) This is your best solution.

Edited by Qa Boa
Typography excellence extraordinaire and flare
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you allow TP into the parcel, then anyone could see you at any height.  And once they TP to the ground set landing point, they can easily fly up to wherever the skybox is.

Basically, anyone you allow onto the parcel can then get to any location on the parcel unless you have a Security Orb protecting part of the parcel.  Yet that still will not prevent the peeping if they are already on the parcel.

From what I've gathered from all this wonderful input, I might imagine placing the landing point just outside the orb so that any tp to my home would place them just outside the security orb. Or am I missing something?

Thanks, LittleMe Jewell

1 minute ago, ChoiceRider said:

From what I've gathered from all this wonderful input, I might imagine placing the landing point just outside the orb so that any tp to my home would place them just outside the security orb. Or am I missing something?

Thanks, LittleMe Jewell

How about this.. create a social area on the ground to have friends over. No worries if anyone wanders in and you can entertain friends there.  Then have a skybox up up high for all these *cough*  private moments and have that skybox looked after by an orb.  Set a landing point fixed on the ground but set home for yourself, via the viewer option, to inside the skybox.  That will work for you to "tp home"  and be in the box.  Anyone else who tp's in will land at your set TP point unless YOU directly tp them to the secret skybox 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Qa Boa said:

The is the main truth point.

But here's the thing: SL, for good or bad, is still 80-90% all naughty adult stuff. One simply cannot avoid it. I say that to say this: Anyone other than an incredibly-curious newbie , just won't care. So I wouldn't be concerned with peepers. You'll be peeped on. If you're doing the adulty stuff then emote and chat in IM, that is always private. As for land security: use a security orb - IM me in world, I'll give you a free one - or you can find some really good free full-perms security orb scripts on Market Place  (Never spend L$ for a security orb, not worth it unless you own half a region or larger). - BUT, be *NICE* about it. At least set a 10 second (or longer warning. :) This is your best solution.

"an incredibly-curious newbie" There are serious-minded monogamous pursuers out there that are nasty.

Land Security Orb, the ORIGINAL since 2006, by Thomas Conover Version 3.5.75  L$300 = less than $2.50 USD Excellent value.

Thanks, Qa Boa

Edited by ChoiceRider

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

How about this.. create a social area on the ground to have friends over. No worries if anyone wanders in and you can entertain friends there.  Then have a skybox up up high for all these *cough*  private moments and have that skybox looked after by an orb.  Set a landing point fixed on the ground but set home for yourself, via the viewer option, to inside the skybox.  That will work for you to "tp home"  and be in the box.  Anyone else who tp's in will land at your set TP point unless YOU directly tp them to the secret skybox 

YOU FOLKS ARE KILLING MY CHILDHOOD ASTHMA..."the secret skybox" my word.

I've learned that it's not allowed to have a skybox above any structure. Perhaps you're thinking of a picnic?

Thanks, Cindy Evanier

P.S. you need something for that cough  = P

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

A secret picnic spot!  I have a rug for that ?

Secrecy can be good, but common, secret picnic spot? And where, pray tell, did this rug come from, Vista Animations? hehe

Thanks, Cindy Evanier

Edited by ChoiceRider
format change

On 11/4/2017 at 7:08 PM, ChoiceRider said:

YOU FOLKS ARE KILLING MY CHILDHOOD ASTHMA..."the secret skybox" my word.

I've learned that it's not allowed to have a skybox above any structure. Perhaps you're thinking of a picnic?

Thanks, Cindy Evanier

P.S. you need something for that cough  = P

There are few places that don't allow skyboxes, the Linden Ghettos (Linden home), and some private estates.

On Mainland, and most of rentals, skyboxes are the norm.

As far as privacy goes... i would just close the land off to visitors when doing the tango, if it's a Linden home. There aren't that many random visitors, and it's very simple to eject them off the property if they happen to stroll by when it's not appropriate.

Actually random visitors are so scarce these days, that i treat them rather like a feature to marvel over. 

Edited by Lexbot Sinister
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lexbot Sinister said:

There are few places that don't allow skyboxes, the Linden Ghettos (Linden home), and some private estates.

On Mainland, and most of rentals, skyboxes are the norm.

As far as privacy goes... i would just close the land off to visitors when doing the tango, if it's a Linden home. There aren't that many random visitors, and it's very simple to eject them off the property if they happen to stroll by when it's not appropriate.

Actually random visitors are so scarce these days, that i treat them rather like a feature to marvel over. 

Yes, the tango must be protected. I'm acquiring land for the skybox, and the so-called "free" linden house, I gave to a lady friend, and she wants me to install security measures at that place as well. So your suggestion to "close the land off to visitors" is intriguing, but how is it implemented?

Thanks, Lexbot Sinister

21 minutes ago, ChoiceRider said:

Yes, the tango must be protected. I'm acquiring land for the skybox, and the so-called "free" linden house, I gave to a lady friend, and she wants me to install security measures at that place as well. So your suggestion to "close the land off to visitors" is intriguing, but how is it implemented?

Thanks, Lexbot Sinister

Click the parcel title at the top of the viewer to get the About Land window (or right click on the ground and select About Land).  One of the tabs will give you some options on who can come into your land.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.