New Perk for Premium Coming

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The blog has news of improvements: "More value for Premiums subscribers. In the coming weeks, we’ll be rolling out a new perk for Premium subscribers (hint: it’s a feature that’ll be helpful for merchants and shoppers...)."

Since there is going to be a new bite out of cash-outs (2.5% fee per transaction up from 1.5% and no maximum any more)

Well, this better be good, because I don't have time for the Glytch game and I don't have hands with fingers that Bento so...

What could it be? I'm trying to think. 

I'm drawing a blank. How about an automatic unboxer, that enables you to click on the page when you buy to put an item right into a folder in inventory? How about improved categories? They are so odd, some of them, and so hard to pick sometimes when selling things, and the punishment is harsh when you put it in the wrong category (the item can be removed forever).

There is just way too much boxing with annoying animations, and I'd love to see that declutter, but that's not Linden's problem.

But I can't think of how to "improve" shopping. Can you?

• Like 3

I can come up with a few big changes to MP I would love to see but that wouldn't be a premium perk.  Reduced process fees for premium accounts maybe? 

Now let's talk pie in the sky ... how about dynamic automatic MP search for items we find in world.  Right click and click "Shop" and it will find the creator's store on MP for you or, if no match is found, list some alternative products.

• Like 5

Merchants and shoppers? Hmm...

What I'd love for it to be is something I suggested when they sent out that 'how can we improve Marketplace?' survey a few years ago, and that is the ability to 'favourite' MP stores and have all their new releases show up on an aggregated feed somewhere on the site. Even with 60 groups I can't keep up with every store I would like to (and I don't want to clog up my notices with too many subscribe-o-matics). A personalised feed page on Marketplace, which updates every time a creator releases a new item (but please: only ONE notice for each new item, not one for every bloody colour!) would be great. Even better if we can select which type of new release (eg: male or female clothing) that appears on the feed, depending which search parameters we have set when we add it to our favourites list.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Me worry.

Seriously, it's a double one, an increase in the Premium stipend and a starter stipend for all new accounts. That will bring much more Lindens on the market so we get a deflation and everything will be cheaper to buy! And as if that isn't good enough, it will encourage everybody to start new alts to earn more startup stipends so the number of active users will skyrocket. It's a win-win situation. ^_^

Edited by ChinRey

I think I know ....

Only premium members can buy or sell L$.  Once you become premium there will be a special code placed on your avatar.

This will be either on your avatar's forehead or the back of their hand.

M will return, claiming his resurrection to CEO by the will of Philip "The Dragon" Linden to lead SL for 7 years.  The first 3.5 years will be prosperous despite the initial turmoil.  The next 3.5 will be loathsome.  At the end, Ebbe will return with a horde of freeloaders and traffic bots, casting the premiums 1,000,000 meters below ground.

And something about a flaming mountain cast into the Blake Sea ... or is that one of the seals.  War, conquest, famine and corruption .. martyrs, burning mountain and then  Luis Armstrong plays a solo.  Is that the right order? It has been a long time ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

26 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I think I know ....

Only premium members can buy or sell L$.  Once you become premium there will be a special code placed on your avatar.

This will be either on your avatar's forehead or the back of their hand.

M will return, claiming his resurrection to CEO by the will of Philip "The Dragon" Linden to lead SL for 7 years.  The first 3.5 years will be prosperous despite the initial turmoil.  The next 3.5 will be loathsome.  At the end, Ebbe will return with a horde of freeloaders and traffic bots, casting the premiums 1,000,000 meters below ground.

And something about a flaming mountain cast into the Blake Sea ... or is that one of the seals.  War, conquest, famine and corruption .. martyrs, burning mountain and then  Luis Armstrong plays a solo.  Is that the right order? It has been a long time ....

Corruption, a burning mountain, and Louis Armstrong?

I'll be in my bunk.

• Haha 5

"Recently, we closed an exploit that fraudulent gacha re-sellers had used."

Infactual. Exploits still exist. No Linden should have ever announced that it was fixed in the first place.

"We continue to make progress in the massive upgrade to SL infrastructure and move to the cloud (we call this project Brave New World). This move will (among many other things), help make SL more performant for Residents around the world, and may also enable us to introduce new products and more flexible pricing in the future."

I doubt it. Pricing "might" see, at most, a 10% reduction at best if no change at all. What I do anticipate is a completely new pricing schema.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

3 hours ago, Darrius Gothly said:

Don't forget Pestilence. That's my favorite .. Pestilence. Gotta have a full-on dose of Pestilence.

Well, Pestilence, Corruption (as in infections), Disease, Death ... they are all the pale horse guy.  They are not really given names, just a description of what they are to do.  Famine could also be called Greed if you care to read it that way.

Anyway, while not implying this is the end of the world, I am still speculating premium members get reduced transaction fees.  Zero cost with a minimum buy and a maximum fee for cash-outs.  Sort of like ye ol' raise the prices then have a sale gimmick.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Well, Pestilence, Corruption (as in infections), Disease, Death ... they are all the pale horse guy.

Didn't you hear Pestilence retired a couple o' decades ago? They hired Pollution as his successor.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I can come up with a few big changes to MP I would love to see but that wouldn't be a premium perk.  Reduced process fees for premium accounts maybe? 

Now let's talk pie in the sky ... how about dynamic automatic MP search for items we find in world.  Right click and click "Shop" and it will find the creator's store on MP for you or, if no match is found, list some alternative products.

I love that idea.

Time was, you saw something you wanted to buy inworld, you clicked on it and in edit went to the creator's profile and most of the time they'd have an inworld store you could TP to. No more, most of them are only on the MP and don't have links to the MP on their profile and even if they do, it's a chore to load an Internet page outside of SL. But still, taking an item right to a page to buy it somehow would be a boon.

• Like 3

You can choose which users can purchase from your marketplace store.  Example:  If you have had to ban someone inworld for whatever reason you can then also take away their right to purchase items from you on the marketplace.  It would help keep people from attacking a merchants livelihood over personal issues, like an ex or troll, etc. Also the choice to have your items rated or not would be a nice addition.

37 minutes ago, HaileeTempesta said:

You can choose which users can purchase from your marketplace store.  Example:  If you have had to ban someone inworld for whatever reason you can then also take away their right to purchase items from you on the marketplace.  It would help keep people from attacking a merchants livelihood over personal issues, like an ex or troll, etc. Also the choice to have your items rated or not would be a nice addition.

This one would not be so bad if you could also turn it around, have a merchant baned from the MP if they abuse buyers for leaving bad reviews.  To many bad reviews and you can no longer have a store on the MP.  If it goes both ways I like this one.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I'm really not coming up with a Premium-specific thing that would benefit shoppers and merchants, but I'd definitely support any step towards integrating in-world and Marketplace commerce, and a search thing like this would be a relatively easy step in the right direction.

But it's a lot less than what should be done, and should have been done as soon as possible after LL bought-up the private web merchants: Implement a single commerce back-end that delivers the very same stuff with the very same features, transparently, whether a purchase is made in-world or on-site. 

• Searching for a product? It's a single search corpus of products, each with in-world and/or Marketplace attributes. 
  • Sending a gift or getting a redelivery for an in-world purchase? No problem, and no dependency on a third-party service.
  • Offering a new product in-world and on Marketplace? Rez the in-world copy, click For Sale, add some Marketplace listing attributes to the object, done.
  • Reviewing a product you bought in-world? No problem -- in fact, you wouldn't even remember whether you got it in-world or on-site.

The Lab could have created a virtual world commerce platform with real competitive advantage, instead of squandering millions on a decade of successive inept applications of weak sauce to the old SLexchange site.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I play a MMORPG long ago that had a device they called portal storms.  If a area was too crowded they would pseudorandomly teleport people out.  The longer you were in the area and the less active you were the higher your chance of getting ported.  I could see LL doing this but base it on how much you have spent over the past 24 hours.  Boot the event freeloaders so paying customers can get in :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While this is mostly a silly thread on a complex subject, I had a thought while tubbing.  

The cost of buying lindens is going up (again).  This makes PREMIUM membership "worth more" even at the same rate because it will by like a savings account for people -- those who regularly buy lindens anyway. Pay by the quarter or the year (year is of course a better value) and get the added bonus of circumventing those money charges by using the stipend instead of purchasing.  Need more money ---- make more premium alts. Put them in a group and have a 2048 mainland lot for free. 

This started out seriously and seems kind of funny now, but there are almost always ways to WORK THE SYSTEM if you look for them.  :SwingingFriends:

And another more dire change to note --- the last few days the glytch sims (for that new game touted in the press release) have had HORRIBLE texture loading. Sometimes and on some sims the glytchs themselves never turn from gray. The LAND textures aren't loading. This morning I got five glytchs and was told to move on and the leaves on the trees were still gray.   This is only on the glytch sims and was just now verified by a RL friend (same town, different ISP, different house, different computer (not as powerful as mine but he has never had issues before) and faster connection.  IF this is testing for moving more to "the cloud" then I hope they get it worked out before packing the trucks. 

11 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Need more money ---- make more premium alts. Put them in a group and have a 2048 mainland lot for free.

I did this a long time ago........... which reminds me, it is time to log each of them in so I can rob them again.  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.