Process Credit Fees Raised. Again.

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Rya Nitely said:

It was interesting reading the old threads because this came up, people like Sassy Romano and Phil Deakins just not creating anymore and sales fading away. Both seem to have left now, but they were once very successful, and then things changed, and they didn't keep up with it, through choice or whatever. Phil said he just allowed his sales to dwindle to a trickle. I suppose they are both still getting something after years of not creating anything new - but both of them didn't give a toss about the decrease L$ value, and they didn't even like the subject (because they weren't actively creating to make a profit anymore). But Phil did eventually take an interest when he agreed the activity on the LindeX was weird.

Anyway, at that point in time I was so enthusiastic, and now I am where Phil was all those years ago, choosing to let things just slowly die a natural death. But this has been a very recent decision, and who knows...............however, if I did stick to it and allow thing to die I wouldn't complain about anything in SL, because it would have nothing to do with me anymore.

I'm just very very quiet!

I used to create a lot of extra stuff that I never put up for sale, mesh in the way that I had to do it was very time consuming.  For example one product for other creators would have been 5 models (back in the standard sizing days).  I had to create 25 models which for the end customer was just ONE item they'd use.  I was never very good at finishing work and as creators know, it's quite easy to get the first 80% done but the last 20% can take 80% of the time.   As a result, I waited for the tools to become available for fitted mesh and by the time that Avastar for Blender was ready, it took another year to get hold of some mesh body creator kits from over protective, difficult to work with, monopolistic mesh body creators.  When I finally got what was needed, I had largely lost interest and time because...

A couple of other things happened for me, I went through several RL job changes which altered the time that I had for SL in a significant way and then after my SL partner and I slowed right down, he just *poofed*.  Disappeared (I think he might have gone and died on me actually) and with that the loss of the back end system that was required.  That left behind a few standalone items which trickled along but it was only about a month ago when I finally pulled them from the Marketplace, simply because i've been inactive for so long that it feels weird when I do log in, i've tried, I just can't stay without feeling strange.  Yet even then, it was only yesterday when I received an IM from someone asking where things had gone.  It has taken several years to cash out while remaining under a certain the tax threshold and I still have more to go so while the content of this thread has been interesting, my view has always been that these costs are a cost of doing business but at this point, I will leave others to argue with LL, it is not a battle I need to be involved it.

Finally, to those who remember me... *waves and munches popcorn* :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I saw that waterfall texture...and you are damm lucky I'm not a texture thief!    :)

I'm still not completely happy with it, and will go back and tweak some more. I'm not selling it full perm though (like most of my textures), but I'll give it away,  selectively 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rya Nitely said:

So, I'll go back to working on my waterfall texture again until the next fee increase.

Yes, I will quit pouting too and get to work in SL again, for now.

I hope I'm one of those select people you mentioned earlier who will be gifted with the waterfall texture  :)  😍

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.