New update of 64-bit (Alex Ivy) viewer crashes on launch

Leander Philbin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been using the 64-bit version (code name Alex Ivy) for awhile now.  I must say I haven't been thrilled because  I seem to be crashing more, not less, since the switch. Anyway, today I installed the newest update (5.1.0.510354 ) and after downloading I get "Err 22 Invalid Argument" when it attempts to launch. Help. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Leander Philbin said:

I must say I haven't been thrilled because  I seem to be crashing more, not less, since the switch.

You may be suffering from the Pipelining crash on the Alex Ivy viewers: BUG-41295 - [Project Alex Ivy] Viewer frequently crashes after "WARNING: #TextureLLTextureFetchWorker::doWork: Partial HTTP response produces break in image data for texture 8b84af08-bdd9-03a0-9d3d-4d2e320fc2bf. Aborting load."

The latest version of Alex Ivy (which hopefully you will get working after reading the thread mentioned above) should fix this crash - "This latest update includes improvements and bugfixes to address image handling crashes" - from the release notes.

Note however that even though the crash should be fixed, you will likely see a few rainbow coloured corrupted textures if you did suffer from the pipelining crash previously.
LL are still working on this bug.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.