Jump to content
Jazleen Raynier

Apologies but I really need some guidance

Recommended Posts

I have looked all over for the answers I'm looking for and I just cannot find them. I do sincerely apologise if someone points me to the right place and it's been right in front of me...

I have a classic head, maitreya lara body and slink hands and feet but I'm finding it nigh on impossible to find skins that link all 3 together. Is there a store or 3 that sells skins that cover all 3 bases or do I just have to keep fiddling and faffing..

Thank you in advance - Jaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get the Omega relay for Maitreya and the Omega installer for Slink and then look for stores that include the full system skin with Omega appliers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Get the Omega relay for Maitreya and the Omega installer for Slink and then look for stores that include the full system skin with Omega appliers.

I used .to be similar before I got a head,  I had maitreya body, classic head, slink feet and vista hands.  I used Pink Fuel skin and all their omega appliers to make it work.  I got fed up with messing about with more appliers when I got my head so ditched the feet and hands and just used maitreya body and lelutka head, so only 2 appliers to mess with

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I used .to be similar before I got a head,  I had maitreya body, classic head, slink feet and vista hands.  I used Pink Fuel skin and all their omega appliers to make it work.  I got fed up with messing about with more appliers when I got my head so ditched the feet and hands and just used maitreya body and lelutka head, so only w appliers to mess with

How do you eat and walk with no hands and feet!? =~.^=

Honestly, that would have been my first suggestion but people tend to have reasons for using a particular thing so I kept it within the defined parameters.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

How do you eat and walk with no hands and feet!? =~.^=

I am a diva, I have my minions do it for me   ?

I should have clarified,  I just used the Maitreya hands and feet instead because I am too lazy to mess with all the appliers

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jazleen Raynier said:

I have a classic head, maitreya lara body and slink hands and feet but I'm finding it nigh on impossible to find skins that link all 3 together. Is there a store or 3 that sells skins that cover all 3 bases or do I just have to keep fiddling and faffing..

 

Do you prefer the Slink hands?  Since Maitreya Lara comes with Bento hands, is there a specific need to keep using your Slink hands?

I can understand using the Slink feet sometimes since you probably have a bunch of shoes that are Slink only.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

Honestly, that would have been my first suggestion but people tend to have reasons for using a particular thing so I kept it within the defined parameters.

I can understand the Slink feet since there could be lots of Slink only shoes in the inventory.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I can understand the Slink feet since there could be lots of Slink only shoes in the inventory.

Right and I've also heard people preferring the look of different fingers over another. For some it's an aesthetic choice versus ease of use. Different strokes for different folks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Maitreya Lara body, and I still use a system head. I have Slink hands and feet. Since the Maitreya hands that come with the body now do everything the Slink hands do, and can be controlled by the Maitreya HUD that I'm wearing anyway, I never wear my Slink hands anymore. I still wear Slink feet sometimes when wearing shoes made for them. I have a LAQ skin that has appliers for Maitreya Lara and Slink feet.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Do you prefer the Slink hands?  Since Maitreya Lara comes with Bento hands, is there a specific need to keep using your Slink hands?

I can understand using the Slink feet sometimes since you probably have a bunch of shoes that are Slink only.

The Slink hands have a lovely "idle" animation built in. (The hands I got as an update for fatpack, not single hands)

It is nice to wear them with an old AO.  The Maitreya hands have static poses. Slink also sell the idle animation so one can purchase  it, but I don't like to add more to my screen.

I am almost 100% sure that Slink can color each nail individually, and that with Maitreya, you must have all nails the same manicure. But I may be wrong?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The Maitreya hands have static poses.

The last update allows them to cycle through poses and it works with any AO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most stores are selling Omega appliers and most popular meshbodies have an Omega kit available at Omega Solutions. Maybe some old skins still have the SLink appliers? I don't know. I usually see Omega appliers for the meshbodies.

The SLink hands are no more static, there are bento now.

For the Omega kits, the only one that needs to attach a relay each time is for Maitreya. For SLink just activate Omega and done, nothing to mess with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

The last update allows them to cycle through poses and it works with any AO.

Yes but that's unnatural to me. The Slink idle animation is different, it is just natural movement of the fingers, not gestures or poses. The poses is in a separate HUD and not the same as the built in idle animation. I guess it is hard to describe because it is subtle. It is not the "Bento AOs" that has exaggerated finger poses, so all can really see you have Bento hands. Like those who wear their Bento heads with full on tongue out, grinning, winking and run every animation in a loop constantly. Like advertising: Look at me! I have this expensive head and it can do all this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Like those who wear their Bento heads with full on tongue out, grinning, winking and run every animation in a loop constantly. Like advertising: Look at me! I have this expensive head and it can do all this

/me looks at her forum avatar and sighs.

 

:D

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My situation is somewhat similar, purchased the Bento Dante body, hands, and feet but have not purchased the head yet for it.  I am wondering if I can still use my classic avatar head with the Bento mesh body?  I know this sounds funny but I like my classic head and would miss it on my new body.  Thanks for any help!

P.S. I never realized how much work and how stupid I feel going from classic to mesh.....sheesh

zimage.jpeg.2cf6e61cd0813791bf8a7ca3bf7f2e90.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jameson2001 said:

My situation is somewhat similar, purchased the Bento Dante body, hands, and feet but have not purchased the head yet for it.  I am wondering if I can still use my classic avatar head with the Bento mesh body?  I know this sounds funny but I like my classic head and would miss it on my new body.  Thanks for any help!

 

Yes you can use a classic head with a mesh body - many of us do, including myself.  You just need to find a classic skin that has a mesh body applier in the same tone.  You can use Omega applier skin for the body, but many have commented that the match seems better if the applier is specific to the body.  Do lots of Demos as the neck match area can be problematic.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.11.2017 at 8:35 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

/me looks at her forum avatar and sighs.

 

:D

 

Well, I was thinking about my avatar image here.... heh, I mean there I stand and look at hairs, and other around me point tongue, throw kisses, frown, yawn, lick lips all the time, and that's not the same as choosing an animation for a photo or a situation...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...