HOW DO YOU BLOCK THE DASH DEAL SPAM?I ain't queer, don't need no 50% off dresses.

MartinJ Tyran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Its bad enough getting in-world spam every time you drive down a street or teleport somewhere but having the Lindens send you 50% off special SPAMS on resident businesses is UNACCEPTABLE.

If I purchase something it is something I wanted or went looking for, not JUST BECAUSE IT WAS 50% OFF.

WTF Do I need with a Camryn Gown Dress?

I don't see any way to opt out of this, do I have to cancel my marketplace account? 

7 answers to this question

Personally, I don't mind receiving the Dash Deal emails. Bliss is a fine store with top quality clothes and the link in the email shows it was 880L now reduced to 440L. If the email referred to a discounted racing car, you probably wouldn't have posted. Relax and just hit the delete key, it will just be one email a week for five weeks initially and then will be reviewed. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/Introducing-Dash-Deals-on-the-SL-Marketplace/ba-p/826981?utm_source=yesmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dash_deal_april20 :)

• Like 1

As stated before, you can always unsubscribe from these notices using the links provided in the email and it should not interfere with other LL emails.  However, if you do not trust just unsubscribing, maybe set up a filter in your email for the address these particular emails come from?  In my headers it's listed as secondlife@e.secondlife.com.  I filter ALL SL email to it's own folder anyway, which isn't a bad idea.

BTW, SL does not know who is male or female or furry or robot so it was an accident.. Everybody is the same; one big happy family.

How ironic that the word "queer" is used in a answer section about abuse. Did you mean "weird or odd" ok, but I consister the word "queer " in the context that you have used it as Abuse. Unless it was in jest.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.