Best spots to meet other people who want to date?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok looking for a little advice from forum readers.  What are the best spots on SL to meet other people who want to date and develop long-term relationships?  Not hook-up sites per say for one night stands, but more romantic sims that a guy can meet a girl, spend time together getting to know each other,  maybe become girlfriend and boyfriend, and if you are really lucky maybe become partners.  Any tidbits of information or advice is appreciated:SwingingFriends:

I'd take the remarks of the last post with a grain of salt. ( if you wonder what I mean just look at some of his previous posts ) There are many romantic places in SL. For example, ballrooms and jazz clubs are very nice places to meet others. Adult sims tend to focus on hook ups or a common.....err....... desire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Truly, your best bet would be through some sort of location and/or group that caters to your interests. You can meet people at a dancing location (if you like dancing) or a music venue (if you like listening to a specific type of menu) or a role playing sim (if such is your interest), etc...  There is no place in SL that is specific for finding a relationship, though I'd definitely avoid the free sex places.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Here's one tidbit of advice: The harder you look the less likely you are to meet someone.

absolutely I found my perfect partner after i decided i didn't need to find him, and I didn't find him in a proper place as well, I was at a nude beach on a stripper pole and we started chatting and before long we were partners and having a big wedding. But that leads to the other issue with SL relationships, we all have real lives that can impact our Sls, Changes in real life work schedules for both of us have meant the we see each other very rarely, like once a month if we are lucky and those times are usually brief.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 4:17 AM, Kaytie Aie said:

Have your tried Tinder?

...maybe even Craigslist?

forget about craigslist i had several ads on there n i only got crazy women who wanted my money  forget craigslist trust me  ther is 1 site   i may recomend its called backpage or something look it up

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/31/2017 at 2:42 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Truly, your best bet would be through some sort of location and/or group that caters to your interests. You can meet people at a dancing location (if you like dancing) or a music venue (if you like listening to a specific type of menu) or a role playing sim (if such is your interest), etc...  There is no place in SL that is specific for finding a relationship, though I'd definitely avoid the free sex places.

This.  Do what YOU want to do in SL - listen to music, dance, race cars, ride horses, play board games, get involved in role-play sims, etc.   

I didn’t seek out partners intentionally; it just happened organically while chatting.  I met my closest SL friends through these forums, followed up by meeting them inworld.  You already know there are countless regions and groups in SL, but if I may, I’ll make two suggestions: Bay City Alliance and the Forum Cartel inworld groups.  Both groups have energetic group chat sessions, and Bay City has weekly and monthly events which lots of folks attend. Happy to send you invites to both groups, if you want!

I am sure others will have other recommendations!  I wish you well, and I hope to see you inworld!

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio
  • Like 1

Cavemen used to do it by clubbing the womenfolk over the head with a log or something. Maybe try dat. I sure it work the other way round for clubbing the menfolk too.

Dat why they calls them nightclubs in the modern day, I believes.

Edited by Chronometria
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.