SL is a big mess today

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry you're having issues, Sommerland; I was just in world unpacking and sorting some stuff and didn't have any issues.  SL can be strange, and oftentimes a few people will experience these problems when the world is running smoothly for others.  I always try a few different regions and a relog or three to see if that helps.  Sometimes I just go to bed and all is well on the morrow.  I hope this gets resolved for you and your friends soon :)

For the past two days (that I noticed) my Peoples/Friends/Online list is not populating. This is to the point that even when someone (a friend) is 'nearby' or standing right beside me. Is there something in my preferences that I accidentally 'clicked". I am not the only one with this issue. I have (so-far) two other friends who are experiencing the same issue.  And yes.... I have relogged numerous times.. Thank You

17 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I've not had any of those problems and have been online for hours today.  Are others reporting it too?

I spoke too soon,  today I have been having mini freezes.  Nothing major but it is Sunday so I have restarted the router, checked for updates for the laptop and restarted my sim where the freezes were happening.  We will see later if this has stopped the freeze ups

4 hours ago, Chinookarch said:

For the past two days (that I noticed) my Peoples/Friends/Online list is not populating. This is to the point that even when someone (a friend) is 'nearby' or standing right beside me. Is there something in my preferences that I accidentally 'clicked". I am not the only one with this issue. I have (so-far) two other friends who are experiencing the same issue.  And yes.... I have relogged numerous times.. Thank You

A region can get in a funky state in such a way that anyone who logs in there will have all their online friends show as offline.
A restart of the region will fix it.
Or, for now, login to a different region.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

A region can get in a funky state in such a way that anyone who logs in there will have all their online friends show as offline.
A restart of the region will fix it.
Or, for now, login to a different region.

Whirly Fizzle is CORRECT!!! Sorry, I was still logging into the Linden Labs premium 'home' and when I went to a totally different area, I logged in properly with all of my online friends list intact. I will not log into my 'home' at the Linden Lab home until it's fixed. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

• Like 1

You could put a ticket in about it, explaining that it only happens when you log into your Linden Home, and that you understand that a sim reset will fix it. It's probable that nothing will change unless someone reports it.

Or, better still, get in live chat and ask for the sim to be reset.

Edited by Phil Deakins

13 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

You could put a ticket in about it, explaining that it only happens when you log into your Linden Home, and that you understand that a sim reset will fix it. It's probable that nothing will change unless someone reports it.

Or, better still, get in live chat and ask for the sim to be reset.

its monday, the sim will restart tomorrow anyway

Properly heavy Halloween weekend load on SL servers - experienced TP failures different places, not able to return to Linden Home - slow scripts - if working - on different items at different locations.

Slow rez of object - missing parts.

Chat delay - huge!

Things normal again for me now.

Edited by Rachel1206

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.