Beta Grid Notification Message

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i keep getting the message below when i enter the Beta grid. anyone know what it means?

"We are sorry, Linden Lab has discovered degraded performance on your connection to the region you are on.  You will need to restart Second Life and log into a new region for the next 30 minutes to an hour.  We apologize for the inconvenience."

It means you will need to log in to a different sim if you are not able to select a log in location on the log in page go in to preferences > general where it says start location there should be a check box for 'show on log in' when that is checked and applied when you next start your viewer there will be the option for you to pick a start location in that just type in any sim name you can think of until you get to one that'll get you on Beta. i've often had a lot of luck getting in at Sandbox Cordova

secondlife://util.aditi.lindenlab.com/secondlife/Mesh Sandbox 3/132/35/23

might get you to the Mesh Sandbox 3 location which is fine now and has been for days.  

This is from the map URL

That doesn't look like it will work so maybe putting in Mesh Sandbox 3 in the location area on the login screen will work. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

• 3 weeks later...

the message persists. seems to be anywhere the Lab has available at the time. i have found that logging out and back in again clears the message. didn't have to clear cache. who knows what's going on. no matter, just wondering if anyone had encountered this and knew what it all meant, hehe. doesn't bother me not knowing....

1 hour ago, EnCore Mayne said:

the message persists. seems to be anywhere the Lab has available at the time. i have found that logging out and back in again clears the message. didn't have to clear cache. who knows what's going on. no matter, just wondering if anyone had encountered this and knew what it all meant, hehe. doesn't bother me not knowing....

to me it means someone is messin with you an wants you to stay out

This error message is a strange one.

Most people affected by this problem find that it is account specific. Can you confirm if this is also true in your case? Do you have any alts and are your alts affected by this problem?
After much troubleshooting by those affected by this problem, for those who only have this problem with one account, it appears to be caused by "some problem" in that accounts inventory, either something that avatar is wearing, some corruption in the current outfit folder, or a "bad" landmark (usually in favorites).

Do you only get this problem on the beta grid, not on the main  grid?

A couple of initial things to try to fix this...

• Clear cache and login.
    Activate the Develop menu in the top menu bar with CTRL+ALT+Q
    Then Develop -> Avatar -> Character Tests -> Test male (or female).
    Once the test avatar has loaded and your inventory is fully fetched, relog without clearing cache.
    Does this help at all?
  • Remove all landmarks you have in your Favorites folder and relog.
  • Box up all landmarks you have in your normal Landmarks folder and deactivate any active gestures and relog.

• 7 months later...

Hi Encore,

What you described I also have those problems most times when I log in,  but sometimes not, and also with  an simple alt of mine. On different sims.

It started not  before about half year ago. I am on SL  for about 3 years now. 

Unfortunatelty No results yet. 

Ava

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.