Store Best Selling How does it work?

Marx Alvord

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so tonight I was lurking about my own MP Store.. and decided to select the Best Selling (tab) to compare it to the relevance tab... i refreshed the page and I'm confused. I'm sitting here looking at dozens of products that have not sold 1/50th as well as my best stuff.. and all at the near top of the page. So my question is this. What is Best Selling (tab) actually supposed to tell you? I assumed it would be the best selling items based upon unit amount sold and the total price. I think I need clarification. Nothing about the best selling tab appears right. Please help.

• 4 weeks later...

I know im a  bit late to the game here,

I may be wrong, but as far as I am aware it is based off amount of sales per times viewed.  

So if you have a item (item A) that is not popular, has narrow range of keywords , and only shows up in search if someone enters a very specific keyword , it may lets say have only 20 views. If you do sell 1 copy of this item its sale ratio should now be 1 sale per 20 views

Your popular item (Item B) has more chance being shown in search, clicked on but not purchased, for example you may have sold 200+ copies but your views may be 9,000+ 

your ratio for Item B is lower so it shows up after Item A

so while Item A has only sold 1 copy, the statistics of someone buying based on only on views is greater 

Edited by Sutten1

The items in the relevance tab also change order instantly and significantly (many pages up or down), after adding/changing words in the product title , and when you change the order of already existing words in the title. Items may even shift a position upon changing product listing from 12 to 24 items per page. This suggest that there's some mysterious voodoo magic algorithm at work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.