Jump to content
JingleWorm

Can a customer be able to click on slideshow image for MP url?

Recommended Posts

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Animated-Rotating-Panel-Picture-or-Slideshow-Frame-Set/7796379

The item above shows an automatic slideshow panel/frame (To give you an idea of what I'm saying). I haven't found one that gives the ability to have the visitor/user click on the image and be sent to an URL, a different one depending on which photo they click on. That way, they can be sent to my marketplace store. Are there any that do this or scripts I can add to one to make this happen? 

Thank you so much! : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i used to use the zero prim display for something similar. it doesn't rotate into each image as the one in the link does, but it acts as slideshow nd each image can link to a url. just search "zero prim display" to find variants of it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what products exist, but the basic functionality is a fairly straightforward script. A few things to keep in mind:

  1. Somehow you'll need to associate each image with the URL to which clicks should be directed while that particular image is displayed. A notecard can work but there are all sorts of ways a script can do that, some more convenient than others depending on the situation.
  2. Is there just one (or a very few) panels managed individually, or does this need to be a network of remotely-updated panels? This will determine if the images can be actual texture assets in the panel's Contents as opposed to UUIDs of those textures.
  3. Are you sure you want the images to cycle automatically, not controlled by touch (e.g., arrow buttons)? If they do cycle automatically, it can be helpful if there's some indication to the user when to expect the next image to appear, so they aren't getting URL n+1 when they were trying to click on image n. (I used to use a little animated texture on a separate face, as a kind of "progress bar.")
  4. Images load slowly for some of us, so it helps if the next / previous image is preloaded on another transparent face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Not sure what products exist, but the basic functionality is a fairly straightforward script. A few things to keep in mind:

  1. Somehow you'll need to associate each image with the URL to which clicks should be directed while that particular image is displayed. A notecard can work but there are all sorts of ways a script can do that, some more convenient than others depending on the situation.
  2. Is there just one (or a very few) panels managed individually, or does this need to be a network of remotely-updated panels? This will determine if the images can be actual texture assets in the panel's Contents as opposed to UUIDs of those textures.
  3. Are you sure you want the images to cycle automatically, not controlled by touch (e.g., arrow buttons)? If they do cycle automatically, it can be helpful if there's some indication to the user when to expect the next image to appear, so they aren't getting URL n+1 when they were trying to click on image n. (I used to use a little animated texture on a separate face, as a kind of "progress bar.")
  4. Images load slowly for some of us, so it helps if the next / previous image is preloaded on another transparent face.

Not sure what 2. means, but I'm no scripter. I was hoping something like that was already made. It can be controlled by touch/arrow buttons, that's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, HunniHope said:

i used to use the zero prim display for something similar. it doesn't rotate into each image as the one in the link does, but it acts as slideshow nd each image can link to a url. just search "zero prim display" to find variants of it

 

Those look like they only display text though...Do images show/work if you add them in as notecards or something? 

Edited by JingleWorm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JingleWorm said:

Not sure what 2. means, but I'm no scripter. I was hoping something like that was already made. It can be controlled by touch/arrow buttons, that's fine.

It's very likely something like this exists as a product or a freebie, I'm just a terrible source for finding stuff like that, so maybe somebody else can come along and suggest a solution.

What I was asking in #2 is whether you're just looking for a thing to put out somewhere specific, as opposed to running a whole network of these things scattered around the grid. If the former, it can just contain the textures themselves and some manually-updated association between those textures and the URLs (as in a notecard in object contents. In contrast, if there were a whole network of these things, they'd need to get updates from some central server that can communicate with all the remote instances. Either way is fine, but they're quite different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JingleWorm said:

Those look like they only display text though...Do images show/work if you add them in as notecards or something? 

they do display textures, as well as text, and text on top of textures, just read descriptions carefully, the different price levels means they don't all do the same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2017 at 10:44 AM, Qie Niangao said:

It's very likely something like this exists as a product or a freebie, I'm just a terrible source for finding stuff like that, so maybe somebody else can come along and suggest a solution.

What I was asking in #2 is whether you're just looking for a thing to put out somewhere specific, as opposed to running a whole network of these things scattered around the grid. If the former, it can just contain the textures themselves and some manually-updated association between those textures and the URLs (as in a notecard in object contents. In contrast, if there were a whole network of these things, they'd need to get updates from some central server that can communicate with all the remote instances. Either way is fine, but they're quite different.

Yes. Put somewhere specific near entrance to be exact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...