item purchase menu timed out? didn't receive my items.

elliegouldings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I did not get the items I bought, yet the store took my lindens anyway. It said the menu timed out and when I search my inventory for the items, they aren't there. I tried logging out and logging back in, that didn't work. I also attempted to purchase the item again to see if it would do the same thing (it did :/). The items show in my transaction history also. What's up with this? Is it possible for me to get my lindens back? Should I contact the owner? 

OVERHIGH PROBLEM.png

OVERHIGH PROBLEM 2.png

5 answers to this question

Buying the same thing a second time probably wasn't the best choice, but you know that.  Yes, you should probably contact the merchant.  It's possible that the vendor you bought the item from was malfunctioning.  It's also possible, of course, that you didn't respond to a dialog menu that was expecting you to click to accept delivery.  It's impossible to tell from what you showed here, since there's no indication of which menu timed out.  I suggest being as polite as you can in your conversation.  I'm sure that both you and the merchant would like to know what happened.  And ultimately, you would like what you paid for and she would like a satisfied customer. See what you can work out together.

• Like 1

You should have contacted owner/seller and explained the problem. A vendor machine can be down, a script can stop working, even SL server problems - out of owner/seller control , and 99% of owners/sellers will be glad to be notified about problems and help you immediately.

18 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Buying the same thing a second time probably wasn't the best choice, but you know that.  Yes, you should probably contact the merchant.  It's possible that the vendor you bought the item from was malfunctioning.  It's also possible, of course, that you didn't respond to a dialog menu that was expecting you to click to accept delivery.  It's impossible to tell from what you showed here, since there's no indication of which menu timed out.  I suggest being as polite as you can in your conversation.  I'm sure that both you and the merchant would like to know what happened.  And ultimately, you would like what you paid for and she would like a satisfied customer. See what you can work out together.

Yes, I realize it wasn't the best thing to do to purchase the item twice, but I wanted to double check and make sure if it was just a glitch or something (silly, I know). I did respond to the dialog menu, but the script timed out anyway. It's strange that this happened because I have purchased from his/her store plenty of times and received my items. I will contact the owner however and see what we can work out. Thank you and everyone else here who responded to my question. 

5 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

You should have contacted owner/seller and explained the problem. A vendor machine can be down, a script can stop working, even SL server problems - out of owner/seller control , and 99% of owners/sellers will be glad to be notified about problems and help you immediately.

I am contacting the owner as I type this. Thank you. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.