"View All" - Of the Wrong Person.

Peewee Musytari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you go to someone`s profile page on the forum and click "View All" for their recent posts, contributions, questions, answers etc. more often that not instead of getting the list of "All" for that person you get a list of your own.

This issue was reported way back when the forum was new & at the time it rarely happened to me, but now its happening almost all the time & is really annoying.

I can`t recall who reported it before but obviously it has not been fixed, is there an update on what is happening with it or did it get lost in the mix?

Does it affect one Browser more than others?...I use Firefox.

For recent posts I see the other persons about 4/10 times, for the middle categories its more like 2/10 and for the bottom one (answers) its 0/10, I always see my own list for that one :(

EDIT: I just checked Irene`s as she has highest rank, I see her posts for recent & mine for all the rest.

Hi, I have never seen it another way. "View All" on the Recent Posts section is OK, but the link on the "My Questions" and "My Answers" uses the wrong link. This is not browser trouble, that is how the links are sent by the server. I do not think it is a rank thing, the link is wrong on any account I try and even when not logged on.

Just tried clearing browser cache, hasn`t made a difference.

Cerise is looking like having the best theory so far, as last few I have tested on are working for recent posts today and showing my own results for all other categories.

If you are all getting it to show right for all categories thats weird, I don`t wanna be speshul :(

Aha! you are correct and Peewee is correct as well. On My Questions and on My Answers it displays your own answers and questions. This is because the devs are dumb dumbs and have linked "My Questions" and "My Answers" to return your own. This is an easy fix but just as the IE 9 issue is easy to fix they wont fix it because they are inept. 

Darren Scorpio wrote:

Also on Peewee's profile I get both sections "My questions" and "My Answers" on your profile I only get "My Answers" 

OK weirdly that actually helped Darren, on Irene`s I get her list for My Contributions but I don`t have any contributions of my own, so maybe if I didn`t have any questions myself I would get the other persons Questions correctly, more of us have answers, so that one always shows wrong for more people.

The only being inconsistant is recent posts, that one seems to be working today but some days I can never get that right.

Void Singer wrote:

please see Cerises response above.... the links for recent have the account id encoded in them, so they point to the correct account...

the links to questions and answers do not, so they point to your own account as a default.

You're right. I've only tried it with posts earlier on, not answers. When I try to show all answers, I'm redirected to my own account page.

that would be correct because I haven't asked any questions.

funny tho, until I click 'view all' both the question and answer sections show what they should.

((derail warning)) and the more I use this forum the more I really don't like how it re-directs you to the original messages that people are trying to reply to.  it's really awkward and confusing. I understand some folks get really carried away with the re-posting via quotes, but there has got to be a better way than this.))

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.