Gacha Shopping

Coyote Montale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi There,  Do you know of any rules that say gacha items must be transfer friendly or is it up to each creator?  I thought Gacha Machines meant you can, buy, sell, trade the items in the machine.  I know it's a surprise, that's the fun.  Then you can trade or re sell.  However, I am seeing Gacha machines that have no transfer items.  Just curious. **THANKS**

5 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Coyote Montale said:

Hi There,  Do you know of any rules that say gacha items must be transfer friendly or is it up to each creator?  I thought Gacha Machines meant you can, buy, sell, trade the items in the machine.  I know it's a surprise, that's the fun.  Then you can trade or re sell.  However, I am seeing Gacha machines that have no transfer items.  Just curious. **THANKS**

Creators can do whatever they want.   There are no rules in SL about any of that.  Most creators likely make items transfer because if people cannot easily get rid of extras they likely won't play much.  At least, I sure as heck wouldn't. 

It is possible the creator didn't realize they left a gacha item set as No Transfer since most creators have their normal items set that way.  Contact the creator and see if that was their intention.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

I don't know if I am qualified to answer this question but in my experience, sometimes the box the item came in is "non-transferable" but the item, when you open it, is. Sometimes at the start of an event, creators don't set the permissions correctly and have to go back in and reset. They usually will replace any items that were not set correctly if you ask.  The whole point of gacha is to have the ability to resell extra items and to do that, they must be transferable. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Thank you Sedona, you are correct.  However a store in SL who just started placing Gacha Machines out and every item is non transfer.  When asked about it, they said it's their choice to make their items transfer or not.  Just confusion, I assumed Gacha = trans friendly :)  People will realize soon her items aren't trans friendly. Thank you so much.

5 minutes ago, Coyote Montale said:

Thank you Sedona, you are correct.  However a store in SL who just started placing Gacha Machines out and every item is non transfer.  When asked about it, they said it's their choice to make their items transfer or not.  Just confusion, I assumed Gacha = trans friendly :)  People will realize soon her items aren't trans friendly. Thank you so much.

Yes, people will not play if they cannot get rid of extras.  The creator may be completely new to the Gacha world and just doesn't really 'get it' yet.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.