Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region.

Mandy Carbenell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is the first time in 10+ years I've encountered this message. When the sim where it occurs on is restarted it's ok for a few days, then it begins again..

Any clues what could cause this?

And it's everything in inventory, not limited to a few items.

Edited by Mandy Carbenell
added

That's a message that comes up when the region is using a large amount of memory. It sounds like something is causing memory use to gradually build over a few days until the region gets to a point where it can't accept any more items - note, this is separate from "land impact." 

This is sometimes caused by automatic terraforming systems conflicting with the physics/pathfinding system. You should look for items like this on your land.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

ive got a texture organizer that uses 2000+ scripts. it will take down a sim, it's black listed now for the last 4 years, been unable to rez it.  and these are some of the messages I get when I try. 

Have you already salvaged the textures? If you haven't tried this already, depending on the nature of the blacklisting, you might be able to rez it on a no-scripts sandbox region and then turn off some or all the scripts. (If it's really a blacklisted asset, though, I guess you're probably SOL.)

(FWIW, apropos the general topic, I've seen this error message start happening for a single item that rezzes by script immediately before or after a sim is rebooted. I'm guessing there are some funky script load averages taken at that time.)

• 4 months later...

Unable to create item '' that has caused problems on this region".  I own the land and am getting this problem as well.  Any avatars who come to my land get it as well.  I can go to another region and get my stuff on and return but it's a pain!

Come on Linden Labs get your act together!  This is your problem not the problem of those experiencing this!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Shona Drammond said:

Unable to create item '' that has caused problems on this region".  I own the land and am getting this problem as well.  Any avatars who come to my land get it as well.  I can go to another region and get my stuff on and return but it's a pain!

Come on Linden Labs get your act together!  This is your problem not the problem of those experiencing this!

This is your problem until you file a support ticket and then it becomes their problem.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.