Updating Tier in Account

Purplerain Horowitz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

I always appreciate the help I get here, so thank you. I have to ask for some guidance again. I have a group owned 2048 parcel. There are two of us premium members donating 512m to the group.  However, today a third person has just donated their 512m. To be able to cover any leftover tier, in my account settings what do I set the tier at? $5 (512) or $8 (1024)Sorry if I am not explaining things well. The group bonus is throwing me so that is where I am stuck. Also, if three people donate their 512m, how much land does that add up to with their bonus. Is it 10% person? I have tried doing a search for the answer, but not finding anything. Thanks in advance.

The 'group' gets the bonus.  If 3 people donate 512 that totals 1536 and the bonus gives you 153.  

You can change your 512 donation (currently free w/ your membership) to 1024. You'll only pay $5 per month because that first 512 is the free part.

Side note - the 1024 is how much you donate to the group.  The setting on your dashboard land manager page is really only controlling at what level the warnings will be given if you try to increase a donation or land purchase.

Edited - To fix the missing 3 in the bonus amount, changed to 153 from 15.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Also note that for "all practical purposes" the bonus is not useful unless there are a LOT of folks in the group donating.  This has been discussed many times :D.   Since 512 is the least anyone can pay on having and extra few square meters does no good at all.  

Long ago and far away there was a big push (and it actually worked) to have big groups donating land "for the greater good". And for that the bonus works. I have been in a group for almost ten years that has NEVER used those extra bonus prim LOL and I am sure there are tons of folks out there in the same situation. 

You will want to set your tier to whatever will cost you $5 since you get $5 free. :D.

Gotta run. Phone.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The 'group' gets the bonus.  If 3 people donate 512 that totals 1536 and the bonus gives you 15. 

1536/10= 15?   :)  

group bonus does add up from only a few already.. it's just the 10% more prims/m2  that can make a difference between a basic and luxury bathroom :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

group bonus does add up from only a few already.. it's just the 10% more prims/m2  that can make a difference between a basic and luxury bathroom :)

I know that I typed the 3 - gremlins in the posting apparently.  :ph34r:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 12:04 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

Is it 10% more prims or 10% more square meters? I think the latter because LL can't just pull extra prims out of thin air to give to group owned land.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Is it 10% more prims or 10% more square meters? I think the latter because LL can't just pull extra prims out of thin air to give to group owned land.

It is 10% more sqm, but if you actually buy the extra land then you get the appropriate number of prims to go with it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.