Any non-makeup-y white skins for LAQ Bento heads?

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

I recently switched to an LAQ Bento Mesh head, and while it isn't perfect, I think it's pretty awesome and much better than the alternatives out there. 

One rather large problem I'm having with it however is that no one seems to be making skins for it.  The LAQ skins seem to be all pretty much of a similar type and it's a type that I don't happen to like.  I naively assumed that there would be third party skins for it just like all the other Bento heads out there and since LAQ's is one of the very best you can buy I was a bit surprised to find out that I can't find any skins other than LAQ's.  I'm about 10,000 in on the LAQ head and skin options and I don't want to throw the investment away when a good skin would fix everything.   

The problem is that I'm a white, Nordic type person and I don't like the fashion model or "makeup-y" look.  Out of the many skins available at LAQ, there are only like two that are even in the category.  The lightest skin-tone on the LAQ spectrum (the 1.0" tone), is basically a very, very tanned white girl look as if the avatar has gone to the bronzing clinic and very shiny (as if we are all wearing makeup to the beach).  All the rest are darker still and even more make-up-y.  What I'm looking for is a "Nordic" white person skin, because that's what I am.  

Even the lightest LAQ skins, even with all makeup options turned off, have a lot of eyeliner and what looks like lipstick (although that might not be intentional).  The LAQ eyebrows are also very thick and dark (even the light options).  I'm certain this is the popular option and heavy brows are in keeping with what's popular in makeup today, but I'm old.  I don't want to look like Kim Kardashian, I want to look like a white girl from the 1960's (i.e. my actual self).  

I realise different people have differing opinions, especially about makeup, and this isn't about me insulting LAQ, I just want to find a nice skin.  Please only reply if you know of someone who makes skins for LAQ Bento heads.  It will be pointless to have a thread with long arguments about whether my assessment of LAQ skins is accurate.  As I said at the start, the LAQ Bento head is the best head I have found so far.  I just don't like the skins and want something different from what is on offer.    

Edited by Sylvia Wasp

17 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

LAQ heads are Omega compatible; you should be able to use any Omega head applier with them.

Thanks!  I didn't know that.  

Unfortunately not many good skin makers make Omega compatible stuff (I wish they did because my body is Omega compatible also), but that widens my options a bit.  

28 minutes ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

Thanks!  I didn't know that.  

Unfortunately not many good skin makers make Omega compatible stuff (I wish they did because my body is Omega compatible also), but that widens my options a bit.  

Also you might not know that LAQ has recently made head appliers for all of their skins, both the current series and the older "Glow" series, which offers lighter skin tones. All LAQ skins are currently on sale for L$100 for a fatpack as well, and that includes the head appliers.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I guess the answer is that there is no skins for LAQ other than LAQ atm.  

This is sad because the LAQ store is a veritable "who's-who" of 10 year old avatars trying on the new heads.  They are far better made than Catwa or Lelutka IMO.  

Omega is a good option to have, but not all omega skins automatically fit on the heads (I've tried a few) and not even all LAQ skins fit on every other head.  The newer ones tend to but the older ones are hit and miss IMO.  I've worn LAQ skins for most of my time in SL so I'm happy with the "Lulu" skin for now.  It's not makeup free but it's close, it's also not really a white girl but it can pass for a white girl with a good tan.  

Here is a picture of me wearing the LAQ "Gaia" head, with the "Lulu" skin, with all the makeup turned off, all the shine turned off and a different set of (more realistic) eyes from a third party.  The body skin is LAQ as well, but modified with tanlines, and freckles.  I'm also using a third party neck fitter for a different brand of head because otherwise there is a gap.  

Overall, pretty good, but still looking for more realism! :-)

sylvia new head_001.png

Edited by Sylvia Wasp
  • Like 1

I can assure you that is not a tan. It's not pasty white, either, though. She's healthy-pale as opposed to ghost-pale. (As ghost-pale IRL, I have some experience with this...lol) The tone is on the pinker end, so it appears "flushed," but overall it's pretty.

I'll shoot you a message inworld, though, since anything seen as "endorsing" a brand is frowned upon on the forums. I have one in mind you may like.

Edited by Ariel Vuissent

• 11 months later...
16 hours ago, Mire Iwish said:

Well i just got laq bento head and guess none brows fit it even the one in bento head hud , how come? Can any one help?

I've got a Laq bento head too, and I've not had any problems; would you be able to give us a screenshot that demonstrates the problem?

I personally bought the brows addon applier from Laq, and I use a no-brows skin version, and add the eyebrows that way - but the HUD brows should work fine too.

On 10/22/2017 at 7:15 PM, Sylvia Wasp said:

As I said at the start, the LAQ Bento head is the best head I have found so far.  I just don't like the skins and want something different from what is on offer.    

On the off chance that you visit the forums again (last visited 1st April) or anyone else is after this advice; I'd strongly recommend the YS&YS skin, either one of their 2-3 Laq skins. It's fairly light on makeup, and looks gorgeous; plus the body skin is the best that I personally have found, with some great detail and depth to the skin - so you won't look like someone used the bucket tool on your body.

As a heads up, their skin labelling system is quirky - I think it goes 1 -> 0 -> 2 (-> 3 etc etc) from lightest to darkest, as they added in a skin between 1 and 2 and didn't want to break their old naming scheme. Demo, demo, demo.

9 hours ago, ChibiDragon007 said:

LAQ heads are also automatically Omega applier compatible

They changed this in April with the 3.0 update, but yes lots of skin makers are doing LAQ specific skins and Omega goes nicely on Neve and Scarlet that I have.

"Omega will be preinstalled on all heads purchased up until 2018.04.12. Heads purchased after this date will need a LAQ system kit."

https://www.flickr.com/photos/26014378@N04/26548656147/in/photostream/

On 04 October 2018 at 1:47 PM, Talligurl said:

I use a LAQ head with skins by Lure, I have recently looked for a very pale skin however, and didn't really find one.

Try Lumae, in-world only, search for "L u m a e" with spaces between the letters...

They have the "Varda" skin tones, real pale goth style, theres the palest of their standard skin tones too, more flesh toned, and a half dozen  "pastel faes" as part of the Eirtae range...

I just saw this and I have to throw Mudskin into the mix. She has the best natural looking skins for Laq. I mean, of course there are the "staples" like Glam Affair, or Amara Beauty but, Midskin is so beautiful! 

Here is an example from the creator (Sopha Portal) on flickr

MUDSKIN @ COMING SOON

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morgana Hilra said:

I just saw this and I have to throw Mudskin into the mix. She has the best natural looking skins for Laq. I mean, of course there are the "staples" like Glam Affair, or Amara Beauty but, Midskin is so beautiful! 

Here is an example from the creator (Sopha Portal) on flickr

MUDSKIN @ COMING SOON

That’s a lovely skin!

I keep finding them... but there are also single skins at the main store. I am in the middle of an event, but when I am done, I will head over to the store and take photos of the ones there. Sorry about the confusion but she does have beautiful skins for the LAQ head. I promise.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.