gemini1968

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

There are actually THREE ways to do this.  Between them, Lillith and Rolig have covered them all.

1. Use a titler to display hovertext over your avatar.  This is very "old school" technology, and almost no one uses titlers any more.
  2. Use a group tag.  Whenever you join a group, you become a group member in one or more group roles.  Each role can have its own name, which will display over your head.  For example, in my land rental group, the Tenant role has the name "The Popular".  So, if I activate that group, my floating name tag reads:

The Popular

Lindal Kidd

To do this yourself, create your own group. Invite another person to it within 48 hours to keep it from being dissolved.  I suggest you use your own alt as the second member.  Then edit the group roles to display the text you want above your head.  The advantage to this is, you can invite Marcus to your group and create a role and a tag for him too... maybe "Gem's Honey."  For more on groups, see: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/creating-managing-moderating-and-disbanding-groups-r48/

3. Add a Display Name.  Your user name cannot be changed, but you can add any Display Name you like.  Depending on how people have chosen to set up their viewers, they will see your Display Name, your username, or both.  You can change your Display name as often as once a week.  For more on Display Names, see: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/usernames-and-display-names-r603/

That depends on where exactly you want to display "Marcus' Baby Girl" ... 

If you want to change your display name, that means the bit that currently says "gemini1968", you can head to https://my.secondlife.com/settings/profile and open the "Display Name" category. Probably also possible inworld via editing your profile, not sure, haven't done it in a while.

If you want to keep your gemini name and have the other term above that bit, you can either use a group tag from a group where you can edit the group role names... quite likely a group you or your partner created for custom group titles ... or you can use a so-called titler which attaches as an invisible object to you and shows a text above your head. Something like this should do.

"Add", as in "put the words 'Marcus baby girl' " over your head?

There are two ways.  One way is to create a new group and set the group tag for your role (Owner) to "Marcus baby girl".  If you do that, read the instructions carefully and be sure to add your own alt (not your best friend, your partner, or your mother) to the group as co-owner.  A group with fewer than 2 member will be deleted automatically within 48 hours.

The other way is to buy a "titler" in Marketplace (or create one yourself).  Wear it as an attachment to your head and follow the instructions that come with the titler to set  the floating text to "Marcus baby girl".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.