Firestorm x64 Isn't loading problems

YuliaPaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I had my computer fixed recently which required a full reinstall of windows 10, new mother board, new chip, etc. 

When I reinstalled Firestormx64 I noticed that no matter how long I stayed logged in, only bits and pieces would load in. Parts of my outfit, the eyes and ears on other avatars, sometimes the ground would load or the prims on the ground would load, but it doesn't finish. I've tried a clean reinstall, I removed all the folders, used the uninstaller, killed firestorms family, sold its children into slavery and kicked its dog, salted the earth, etc. Fresh installation did the same thing, so I tried going back to an older version to see if that fixed it and no, same issue. I have tried installing the x32 version even though I am on a 64 bit version of windows, and it seems to do better, but it crashed my computer and forced a restart the first time, then it soft crashed to the desktop saying 'Failed to load vertex" Or something, which was the first time I had seen that particular error. 

Hoping that someone has seen this and knows what the solution is...

2 answers to this question

Sounds to me like a graphics problem.  Did you upgrade your graphics card at the same time as you replaced everything else?  No, scratch that.  Whether you did or did not, check the following:

1. Check the BIOS to make sure you're using your discrete graphics card, NOT any graphics built into the motherboard.
  2. Check to see that you have downloaded and installed the latest driver for your graphics card.
  3. Check your graphics card performance and temperature with a free utility like GPU-Z.
  4. Make sure you've connected any required auxiliary power to your graphics card.
  5. Make sure your graphics card cooling fan is running.

If it's not graphics, you should next investigate your connection to the internet.  Since the main change was in the computer, not your router, I would check to see if you have installed all the proper drivers for your network chip.  These, and other drivers, will be on the installation disk that came with your motherboard.

• Like 1

Lindal has it basically right and I too think it is a graphics driver problem. For us to know what is wrong you need to post the information from the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... It will tell us which video system the viewer is using and what version drivers are loaded.

We know Win-10 and FS-64 work. So, it most likely is a driver issue. Techs tend to take shortcuts and use whatever driver is built into Windows.

I would not bother with the drivers on the included DVD. Use CPU-Z (notice the "C" - it is free) to get your motherboard information and BIOS version. Then go to the MB manufacturer's site and look for the latest drivers and firmware (BIOS updates). 

The DVD's are made pre-release of the MB. So, they are usually out of date by the time you can buy the board.

GPU-Z will tell you what video systems are in the computer and which is in use. Check your driver version and the latest from the card maker.

Both NVIDIA and ATI have control panels that will let you set up game configurations. Check that you have one for SL and that it is in use. Also, make sure it is set for PERFORMANCE, not power saving. I have game profile information on my blog. If you are not familiar with the geeky settings in a game profile the articles will help figure them out or use the recommended settings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.