How many of you use a Text Only viewer?

cykarushb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well the title is self explainatory, who uses a text only viewer, how well does it treat you, are you ok with the obvious downsides of no 3D, which viewer do you use?

Whats your reason too? Dont need 3d, just want a chatroom, toaster PC, dont want a full viewer running in the background?
This is my usual setup when im on my Thinkpad G40 (this is my glawk fowty, my problem solver right here)

untitled.thumb.PNG.e641ec630f8730d36e8d9a9df429bcb8.PNG

Yes, that is Windows XP. Running on a 2.8ghz Northwood Pentium 4, 1gb of RAM, Intel Extreme Graphics and a 40gb 4200RPM HDD. Its actually a pretty unique machine because the Thinkpad G40 is a desktop replacement laptop, it has a desktop Pentium 4 in it, not a mobile one. And as a result has a dual fan 3 pound block of copper as a cooler to keep a 70w processor cool.

• Like 1

Your thread seems to have been met with a wall of slience, no doubt due to what I'm about to say...

I don't use one, so I have nothing to say.

Just thought I'd give your post a little company :)

One point though. Your post includes chat between people who I assume haven't given you permission to post their chat, and that's against the ToS. You should remove it or blank the names out and post it again.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to use Radegast myself, but because my inventory is so large it has issues loading with that viewer these days so more often then not I am using Metabolt which is no longer updated. I don't use them often, but when I do it's because I know I mainly just want to chat. I actually love text viewers because if your gaming in another mmo or even just a MP game you can still chat with friends and still deal with stuff as you need to while having fun. :)

Edited by Velk Kerang

• 3 weeks later...

I use Radegast for photo and machinima purposes. I'm hoping someone can take up the cause with an updated text viewer eventually, one that supports newer features. You can view attachments by themselves in a 3D view window, which is great for interacting with HUDs except it does not work on HUDs using a single face, only old multi-prim HUDs where every button is a prim. It also seems to have problems with outfits now and then.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Vicky Steins said:

Thanks for the post - really helpful. I didn't know this programme existed but going to download it because sometimes you want to be contactable even if you can't use the full SL viewer. 

There also is Pocket Metaverse" for smartphones (Pocket MV on iPhone, I presume the same name on Android) - it literally allows you to do *EVERYTHING* in world, except actually see the world (and build or move objects around). You can manage inventory, read notecards, etc. Chat, IM, pay other people. pretty much everything the Radagast does, but on a smartphone.

Since this thread was resurrected I just thought I'd mention it. :)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

There also is Pocket Metaverse" for smartphones (Pocket MV on iPhone, I presume the same name on Android) - it literally allows you to do *EVERYTHING* in world, except actually see the world (and build or move objects around). You can manage inventory, read notecards, etc. Chat, IM, pay other people. pretty much everything the Radagast does, but on a smartphone.

I'll have to try it again, last time I tried it all you could do was see local chat and chat with others! (Or I never figured out how to use it correctly..this is on iPhone.)

*Edit* Oh, apparently some of those you list are "Pro Features" which I never unlocked.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

19 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I don't see it in the App Store anymore, FYI. (But it still works on my phone.)

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I don't see it in the App Store anymore, FYI. (But it still works on my phone.)

oooOOOooo... I'll make sure to never delete it! (Though I haven't used it heavily in a long time, but did so a few weeks ago and still all functional). I've had it for years, so I apologize if I forgot some of those are in-app purchases.

I wonder if there are replacement SL-Texters for iPhone... Because having a texter for desktop PC doesn't make sense to me if you can run the full viewer. 

23 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

oooOOOooo... I'll make sure to never delete it! (Though I haven't used it heavily in a long time, but did so a few weeks ago and still all functional). I've had it for years, so I apologize if I forgot some of those are in-app purchases.

I wonder if there are replacement SL-Texters for iPhone... Because having a texter for desktop PC doesn't make sense to me if you can run the full viewer. 

Akshually...a texter for desktop PC would be awesome because you could use it on your "work PC" without getting in trouble (assuming it's a website thingy and not an "app").  Excuse my technical jargon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.