Animesh Beta testing is HERE!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Medhue several times makes the point in his video that he was getting 50--60 fps, despite having several of the animated mesh items leaping round near him.

People get 50-60 fps with settings on ultra and all of the shadows checked as well.

I'm talking about me and the other plebes that have less than top of the line gaming computers.

Its just more crap to derender to get a decent frame rate.

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

People get 50-60 fps with settings on ultra and all of the shadows checked as well.

I'm talking about me and the other plebes that have less than top of the line gaming computers.

Its just more crap to derender to get a decent frame rate.

So, as you're telling us how this will affect performance I assume you've gotten the project viewer and done some testing with animesh objects, especially comparing performance between them to similar objects that use current technology to do the equivalent things such as scripted puppeteer-type motion or texture cycling?

• Like 1

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

So, as you're telling us how this will affect performance I assume you've gotten the project viewer and done some testing with animesh objects, especially comparing performance between them to similar objects that use current technology to do the equivalent things such as scripted puppeteer-type motion or texture cycling?

No, i'm just saying the easiest way to improve your performance especially frame rate is to derender all the moving lights, floors, all that annoying club crap. To me this is just more moving crap that's gonna slow me down.

People are gonna use it, and more power to them but i'm not gonna let it affect my experience at any given place or time.

Oh and I always derender moving animals etc too.

Enjoy your animesh, but don't expect me to enjoy it.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Why are people always looking for a fight in here?

You started it by making a completely irrelevant comment about a new feature.

The craptop faction already sees a complete different SL compared to the high end faction and that will go further with every new feature that is added to SL. 

If you want to have SL frozen on a level 10 years ago because you can't or don't want to get a decent computer and connection that is understandable but this will not happen. Nobody can help you here.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Nova Convair said:

You started it by making a completely irrelevant comment about a new feature.

The craptop faction already sees a complete different SL compared to the high end faction and that will go further with every new feature that is added to SL. 

If you want to have SL frozen on a level 10 years ago because you can't or don't want to get a decent computer and connection that is understandable but this will not happen. Nobody can help you here.

The OP asked "what say you" and i replied, so it wasn't irrelevant.

So you are saying another animated object won't increase lag? 

I do just fine with my computer thank you very much. I chose what I want to see and derender what I don't. Superfluous fluff is  on my derender list every time.

And by the way,  I wasn't even here 10 years ago.

I've embraced everything that makes SL a better experience.

Dancing elephants isn't one of them

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line at the top
  • Haha 1

If basic texture shifting (the most common type of floor 'motion') is causing you to lag then there really is a problem and it has nothing to do with SL.

On the other hand pretending that all laptops will have a hard time with SL showcases a wholly different problem.

Fighting in General Discussion? Well it cannot have anything at all to do with the tone of some posts now can it?

That out of the way ...

This seems to happen every time a new feature or function is added to SL; Someone will invariably come along and complain about it before finding out what impact (if any) it will have on their experience. It does not seem to matter if it is an optional function/feature (Voice, Atmospheric Shaders, Shadow rendering, ALM and all other features/functions that can be turned on/off at the user's discretion) or one being added to the back end/non-optional (Physics engine updates, Sculpts, Mesh, Flexible Prims and any other feature/function where the only way to not use it is to either not log in or not purchase/use content made with it).

There is a reason Linden Lab has Project Viewers these days, if you re not going to take the time to find out how a particular project is going to affect you then in all reality you have no data to go on when trying to make claims concerning performance impact.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

It cannot possibly be because this has nothing to do with the development of it and the OP simply wants to see what the opinions of other users are, now can it?

" Share best practices on building, importing and working with Animesh objects in-world " ..  opinions or show off?.... it's a project, no release yet. Most users can't have a opnion yet.

but you'r right.. totally, sure... ok now?

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

No, i'm just saying the easiest way to improve your performance especially frame rate is to derender all the moving lights, floors, all that annoying club crap. To me this is just more moving crap that's gonna slow me down.

People are gonna use it, and more power to them but i'm not gonna let it affect my experience at any given place or time.

Oh and I always derender moving animals etc too.

Enjoy your animesh, but don't expect me to enjoy it.

The things you derender are the things that animated mesh is meant to replace.

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

If basic texture shifting (the most common type of floor 'motion') is causing you to lag then there really is a problem and it has nothing to do with SL.

On the other hand pretending that all laptops will have a hard time with SL showcases a wholly different problem.

Fighting in General Discussion? Well it cannot have anything at all to do with the tone of some posts now can it?

That out of the way ...

This seems to happen every time a new feature or function is added to SL; Someone will invariably come along and complain about it before finding out what impact (if any) it will have on their experience. It does not seem to matter if it is an optional function/feature (Voice, Atmospheric Shaders, Shadow rendering, ALM and all other features/functions that can be turned on/off at the user's discretion) or one being added to the back end/non-optional (Physics engine updates, Sculpts, Mesh, Flexible Prims and any other feature/function where the only way to not use it is to either not log in or not purchase/use content made with it).

There is a reason Linden Lab has Project Viewers these days, if you re not going to take the time to find out how a particular project is going to affect you then in all reality you have no data to go on when trying to make claims concerning performance impact.

When  I go to a club,  I drop my draw distance to 32, derender anything that moves, especially those rotating spotlights, and jelly everyone I'm not interacting with.  I already have my frame rate throttled at 20.

Its not because I have a crappy computer, its because the fan on my graphics card died and I've not gotten around to getting a new card.

I love every new innovation that makes second life look and run better, i doubt this includes animesh 

I admit my first reaction to this animesh was "oh great more lag inducing fluff".

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:
7 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

It cannot possibly be because this has nothing to do with the development of it and the OP simply wants to see what the opinions of other users are, now can it?

" Share best practices on building, importing and working with Animesh objects in-world " ..  opinions or show off?.... it's a project, no release yet. Most users can't have a opnion yet.

I'm glad it was posted here, because even though I knew it was in development I haven't been keeping a close eye on it. I've stopped creating inworld so I no longer watch any of the creation forums here. Thus, on watching that video and seeing Animesh in action for the first time I do have an opinion: it looks pretty damn cool and it'll be intriguing to watch what uses people find for it once it's in general release.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Animesh Project Viewer for Windows, Mac and Linux. Look before claiming there's no 'release'.

Thanks for quoting the subforum header; notice how this thread does not fall under any bit mentioned?

I was being quite nice in my response to you and you fire back with needless sarcasm as usual.

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Ooooo a cool dancing elephant... derendered

I saw the original of that Bento elephant (before this Animesh version) when I was standing in an animation store a few months back. I was fascinated by it: how smooth the animations were (this, again, was before Animesh) and how realistic it was. I spent ages camming around it, marvelling at how fantastic it was. I still find a lot of wonder in what people are capable of in SL.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

When  I go to a club,  I drop my draw distance to 32, derender anything that moves, especially those rotating spotlights, and jelly everyone I'm not interacting with.  I already have my frame rate throttled at 20.

Its not because I have a crappy computer, its because the fan on my graphics card died and I've not gotten around to getting a new card.

I love every new innovation that makes second life look and run better, i doubt this includes animesh 

I admit my first reaction to this animesh was "oh great more lag inducing fluff".

There is no need to go out and buy an entire replacement card unless the one you have is woefully out of date. There are aftermarket cooler options you could purchase to replace the dead fan.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.