JoeDex

Longest SL Romance

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tell us about the longest romance you have had in SL and why it lasted. I'll start. In 2010 with my first AVI, I had a wonderful partner in Nottingham England. She stayed up late, I got up early. She was a very beautiful person in SL and RL. We partnered for about a year until I went back overseas. It was a very easy relationship - no drama.

• Like 1

8 years 7 months.  Sounds a life time when I see it written, especially in SL.  It works because we fit in many ways and I don't mind Blender being "the other woman"  It's a joke between us. It also works because our time zones match, even if we still stay up way too late talking every night.   Even after all this time, I still get a belly flip and smile when I see the notification that he logged in. 

• Like 10

Ten years, and I'm still with him. Why has it lasted? We're the best of friends in real life, and he has the patience of a saint. :D

• Like 14

Four Years and counting.  I meet him three months into my SL and we have never been apart since then.  We have the same time zone, we have many business together, we play together, create together.  He is my best friend and the absolute love of my life. 

• Like 6

On our original avatars, I met my partner in November of 2005 in the old Amazon Nations (Freelon & Themiskaya).

Like the energizer bunny....still going.......  

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 5

6 years given the fact we were on opposite sides of the pond amazing we lasted so long. He was funny, caring and helped me through some bad rl times. Miss his voice still and although I have good friends have yet to meet someone so special as him. Am almost there but time will tell. 

• Like 4

5 Years. Until the night his RL wife walked in on us on voice having "fun" together and gave him the RL or SL ultimatum in some very colorful, not so child friendly language.  I try and stay away from married men now. lol

• Like 1

Haha good luck with that took me 6 years to find out (after the fact) that mine was married . How on earth he got away with that is a mystery. I seem to meet a lot of married men, in fact was unfriended by one very recently because I said I was not going to have a sexual relationship with anyone but my current boyfriend, sudden total lack of interest lol.

A few months maybe, both me and Sabrina really haven't played SL actively for that long. She only got into it fairly recent and ive only played for a year. But we've been in a relationship since highschool (4-ish years?) and we've known eachother forever.

Untitled.png

Madison and I are at 6-and-a-half years and still counting. There's been much joy along the way, and a few tears, but it's been worth every moment. For our anniversary this year I surprised her by building a replica of the ballroom where we had our first date.

170508_006s.png.2b5a3555c1439a2cc6f8dc6f3c8fde3f.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

A year or so of friendship morphed into a year or so relationship before the SL romance ended. Fortunately it only ended in SL because he was prepared to move to the other side of the world to continue in RL. We've been together for over seven years, married for a couple of them, and I feel very blessed.

• Like 6

Well if you include that our actual relationship started outside of sl,  then it's 4,626 days, or 12 years, 7 months and 29 days

If you only include sl time then it would be 3,309 days, or 9 years and 22 days 

An infinity to go too :D

• Like 7

Met her completely by chance in January and we've been going strong ever since. 

dancing04_001.png

Edited by Tex Monday
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My partner and I will be together 9 years as of 11.7.17.  :)  started in sl, and it went over to rl quite quickly.  :P  His job has him overseas right now so a lot of it has been long distance but we speak nearly every day.  :)  He is my bestie on top of everything else and we laugh a lot and that always helps.  I was NOT looking to meet anyone when I joined sl (met him 2 weeks in!) but someone made me say hi to him (Im a huge introvert, he is still the only person on my friends list!), and Im so glad she did!  lol

• Like 2

Our 5 year anniversary was yesterday, 10/31.  We met by accident.  I was just hanging out on a deserted beach sim (10 days old and knew nothing) trying to figure out how to organize my inventory.  He landed on the sim by accident, saw that there was only 1 other person there, and randomly said hello.  Now we spend more time together outside of SL than inside.   We weren't looking for someone in SL, but found each other and I know I'm blessed that we've shared these last 5 years.  

• Like 3

It warms my heart to hear about long term relationships being formed in SL. Congrats to all the happy couples! May your love endure forever ♥

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I do not know exactly when it started and ended, but somewhere in 2007 to somewhere 2009. Never expected it to happen, because online relation ships, yeah right, not for me. But still it happend :) And a litle uncommon, there were 3 of us involved. 2 from the US, and me from Europe (Dutch).

It would probably have lasted longer but then a RL relationship happend, and it felt wrong to have a SL relationship at the same time. We remained very good friends (and they stayed a couple) for years till we all kind of left SL due to RL commitments a few years back. Still think of them both quite often!

I am not sure. About 8 years ago I met a girl in SL at a club. During the conversation I said: Lets marry and make babies. She said yes. I have never spoken or seen her again since, but technically we are still engaged then I think? So that's 8 years and counting!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.