Bernmarie

ow can i get mhy lower body texture and rename it?

Question

4 answers to this question

If you are using the Firestorm viewer, right click your avatar and look for the Textures option.

What do you mean?

The texture of an exisiting skin which you bought? Access to the skin textures isn't included in the purchase.

UV Maps for the lower body part? Here, for example.

Why would you need to rename it anyway?

Since you said GET... It could be complicated.

The FS Texture panel will show you what the Classic/System avatar textures are. If they are full-perm, you can download them. Otherwise, the FS viewer, or any legit viewer, is not going to be helpful. It is an anti-theft thing.

Finding the textures used in attachments, like mesh bodies, is difficult. What can be done is dependent on the viewer and how the attachment was made and permissions assigned. None of the legit viewers and most rational users won't help people steal stuff, which is why I'm being vague.

It is a controversial point, but there are apps that will show you all the textures in your cache, which you can copy and do with as you please, BUT NOT legally. The nuances of copyright law and prohibitions of the Linden ToS are not well understood by most. Most of what Fair Use copyright law allows the Linden ToS excludes. So, what you can do with a texture pulled from your cache is restricted, very restricted. Don't get caught abusing other people's rights. You'll find SL users aren't all that tolerant.

Because of the legal issues there are not features in most viewers that help you to steal stuff. Since the viewer cannot determine what you intend to do with textures you pull, the feature to pull textures is restricted. So, because of bad behavior our legitimate uses are restricted and often blocked. It is deliberate that the stuff you own is hard to change and modify.

Nalates said, "Don't get caught abusing other people's rights. You'll find SL users aren't all that tolerant.

"Because of the legal issues there are not features in most viewers that help you to steal stuff. Since the viewer cannot determine what you intend to do with textures you pull, the feature to pull textures is restricted. So, because of bad behavior our legitimate uses are restricted and often blocked. It is deliberate that the stuff you own is hard to change and modify."

I want to emphasize that.  In fact, I would say it more strongly still, instead of "Don't get caught..." I would advise simply, "DON'T abuse other people's rights."  Because of the fact that your graphics card MUST have the information about all the textures around you in SL in order for you to...well, SEE...that data is, potentially, available for other purposes.  Unless you have the owner's permission (that is, the texture is full permission; Copy, Modify, and Transfer) you may NOT legitimately use it.