What's your favorite season IRL

JingleWorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's taken me 47 years to work though this. When I was young, I loved whatever season it was. In college, I started loving winter because of the long break. In grad school, I started loving autumn because my city apartment's neighborhood was so pretty when the leaves turned. When I got married and we got a house, I loved spring because we could plant things in our otherwise barren yard. A few years ago when I got a Miata, summer became my favorite season because I could enjoy the evening smells again, as I once did when borrowing Dad's motorcycle.

I've recently had an epiphany that I think finally settles this for me. I had it right at the beginning. My favorite season is the one I'm in, particularly when it begins to turn into the next. There's never a shortage of things to enjoy.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, cykarushb said:

I equally like summer and winter. I dislike the transition seasons. As someone who lives on a beach summer is the best, winter is fun as well.

Spring is just, cold and rainy, and fall is also cold and rainy.

Blank+_b18ad27da0f77fb7d504ea8c3a34afca.jpg

What can you do in the winter on a beach? I do love warm summer days on the beach...

Edited by JingleWorm

37 minutes ago, JingleWorm said:

What can you do in the winter on a beach? I do love warm summer days on the beach...

In my childhood, I used to go spelunking in the ice caverns that built up on the Lake Michigan Shore during winter, and I'd hike up and down the beach, climbing the bluffs into people's back yards, then trekking home on the road. We don't have enough beach for that now, but I still take my kayak out in the water on calm winter days. Several years ago we had a very dense fog on New Year's Day and I paddled out from shore until everything vanished. Many days I just walk down to the water's edge, sit on a rock and wonder.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Wabbit season

ETA:  As someone in the comments section of that video noted, I can't hear "Ride of the Valkyries" without hearing Elmer singing "Kill the Wabbit". Because of that, it's hard for me to watch Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now without giggling.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 3

Western Wa. has dry season, rainy season, and storm season. We do have scattered days of light grey skies and crisp, cool, air, though. Those are my favorite. 40-55 degrees Fahrenheit with light grey skies and enough time between rains that the ground is not boggy. 

Summer, summer, summer... because I like warmth and long daylight days. Next is spring because it means that soon it will be summer. :D

The worst time of the year is autumn when all the leaves have fallen and the trees are bare skeletons. It's cold, it's dark, until there's some snow.
When I was a child winter was also fun season with all the snow to play with. Now I don't like winter much.
So, my likes go:
Summer :D
Spring :)
Winter o.O
Autumn :(

When I was a young girl, I remember one of the Saturday morning School House Rock clips that was supposed to help us go metric.  One of the lines said "a Summer's day is 28 and a cold day's minus 2."

28C in the Summer would be wonderful and I see why some people would pick Summer as their favorite.  I have seen summer days in Texas get up to 48 (to be fair, 40 to 43 is much more common).  It is Fall now.  Yesterday was around 28 C.  It is a nice time of year for me.  By Thanksgiving we will be in my favorite season: sweater season.

• Like 1

By far ,Spring and Fall..

Spring,A lot of nature is waking up and being born and just all kinds of newness is in the air..It's like enjoying the ride to summer..

Fall,it's the  end of the summer heat,I can start to ride my horses longer and break out fall fashion.. It has to be one of my favorite seasons to shop..

I love Fall overcast days,and the nights of sitting on the porch with my husband and our friends..there is just something about it that makes it the best time ever..

Oh yea, long coats and Boots boots boots! :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.