How do I start a business in SL

Jameson2001

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Super dumb question (maybe).....if i wanted to start a little business with a shop and sell novelty items like house knick knacks, paintings, and just some cool novel stuff how does that work?  I have had a few friends do it but never bothered to ask how.  I really do not care about losing money on the venture but it would depend on how much money it costs to start a little shop.  Also, do i have to create all of the items i would sell in my shop, or could i resell items that i find (like ebay).  Anyone who has experience starting a little shop or business I would appreciate your knowledge/experience.

You can renta shop, prices vary a lot, I personally would not recommend renting something expensive for high traffic, you probably are better off getting the cheapest rent you can find and giving out the LM to people who are interested. You can resell gacha items, or but a vender thing to sell some else's product. I might be able to work something out if you want to put some of my art in your store to. I am always looking for more exposure.

Oh thanks Talli I will investigate renting a cheap place but would love to display some of your art work for sale!  I am kinda thinking like an old Mom and Pop corner market without any food itemssince they do not sell well in a virtual world.  OMG! I recently rented a home, now hopefully a small little business, and recently posted an ad on a dating site, yikes I am on my way to become a lifer,  Second Lifer.

image.jpeg.1838d2d026f15fa076b68d0cc504ee60.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

Your costs will be the the monthly rental on the storefront, fees for uploading building stuff, and whatever decorations/displays you need for the store. You should also put something up on the online SL marketplace to drive traffic to your in-world store. It should be relatively low cost to start up a small store. 

Good luck! It's a great experience and you end up learning and doing many things that you don't normally do in other SL activities.

Edited by Bree Giffen

1- Create a marketplace first. (automate sales as much as possible)

2 - Work on selling your brand then once you've generated sales. (create a style)

3 -Then go ahead and look into purchasing an in world rental storefront. (If you aren't making sales you are just wasting time and money.)

4 - 70% of profits should go back into marketing. 

ecommerce.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.