Avatar Rendering Complexity - What's Your Record?

Vanity Fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm just curious.

I spotted this woman at Frank's Jazz Place yesterday, she had an ARC (avatar rendering complexity) of over 951,000! That was a record for me. (I blurred out her name to keep her anonymous.)

What's the highest ARC *you've* ever seen on an avatar?

Background info: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Avatar_Rendering_Complexity

950,000 impact outfit 2 16 Oct 2017.png

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1

I was at a somewhat popular music and dance venue not that long ago and encountered an avatar that looked like a pile of glow in the dark spaghetti who registered at well over 1,000,000 in complexity. Of course I had to look! Eventually because he was causing so much lag he did switch to something more reasonable. Too bad I forgot to take a picture.

I went to a wedding once the bride was 450,000. I am sure she was beautiful, though I can't say for sure. I to however have seen complexities in the 900,000's, well i saw the little number hovering over the jelly.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I spotted this woman at Frank's Jazz Place yesterday, she had an ARC (avatar rendering complexity) of over 951,000!

And you rendered her, with your super-duper megacomputer! :o My rendering limit is set to 200,000. I'm sure I have seen a jellydoll with about 700k, that's about the highest.

2 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

One of my relatives has a group gift formal dress that's covered with flexi feathers. The outfit she wears it with has a rendering cost of 5,853,560 (yes, 5.8 MILLION).

Wow! Has anybody ever seen her outfit? Has she? :o

Edited by angeoco
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

One of my relatives has a group gift formal dress that's covered with flexi feathers. The outfit she wears it with has a rendering cost of 5,853,560 (yes, 5.8 MILLION).

I think the funniest part is that prior to this new ARC paranoia, noone ever had any troubles to render flexi skirts.

• Like 6

As I was going through my old system clothing I found a beautiful gown with a CI a bit over 2 million.  I've saved it with a super high CI hair and a set of really high jewelry.  I'm planning to take a picture of the full outfit, just cuz, to save for posterity.

ETA:  To answer the OP question - the highest I've encountered inworld is roughly 750k.  I remember seeing the number over a jelly doll and temporarily raised my setting to see the outfit. Oddly enough, there didn't seem to be much to the outfit so I wasn't sure how it got that high of a rating.  Then again, I have seen some super high hair and jewelry, so even with minimal clothing, I suppose it is possible to get really high.  I should have taken a pic.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

3 hours ago, ForrestChild said:

@Vanity Fair It's kind of bad form to poach threads from other forums and claim it as you're own, Just sayin.

That *IS* me on the SLUniverse forum!!!! I just posted in two places is all ;-) I am Quiplash on SLU and Vanity Fair on here.

I kinda like having two forums to post in, and seeing what different responses I get....thank you for being the Official SL Forums Police, though!

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

That *IS* me on the SLUniverse forum!!!! I just posted in two places is all ;-) I am Quiplash on SLU and Vanity Fair on here.

I kinda like having two forums to post in, and seeing what different responses I get....thank you for being the Official SL Forums Police, though!

I've redacted my post and I apologize for the mistake :$

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I call it testing as I was making pics for a jira about the specific problem.

When I did the testing I was in an isolated environment where no one else would be affected.

I was told you hang out on this griefers sandbox called "weapons testing".

That is not "an isolated enviroment".

I sometimes hang out in "Sandbox - Weapons testing (no damag" which is a Linden sandbox that gets its fair share of griefers like any other sandbox.

The pics I posted in my jira were not taken in that region.

Whoever told you anything out me sounds exactly like the same scumbag blackhat griefer whose fun has been taken away repeatedly by my jira's.

I would distance myself from them as they have involved their associates in security violations with Linden Lab in the past which have resulted in their bans.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I sometimes hang out in "Sandbox - Weapons testing (no damag" which is a Linden sandbox that gets its fair share of griefers like any other sandbox.

The pics I posted in my jira were not taken in that region.

Whoever told you anything out me sounds exactly like the same scumbag blackhat griefer whose fun has been taken away repeatedly by my jira's.

I would distance myself from them as they have involved their associates in security violations with Linden Lab in the past which have resulted in their bans.

Why do you hang out in a weapons testing sandbox? Maybe you need to keep better company.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/248934-a-weapon-sandbox-test-area/

I think the record I've seen was 4 million - by a troll who attempted to crash me. You cannot imagine the wide smile on my face as he turned into a jelly doll in his failed attempt - I never have set my max complexity to unlimited. I myself do have a few outfits that reach 250k, which is exactly why I never really wear them, except for photos.

Also.. lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

This is the outfit I put together when I found this super high CI gown while cleaning inventory.  I had to go back to my Classic body for this. The gown alone was just shy of 2.8 million, but after adding some hair and a necklace, I managed to bump it up to 2,884,620. 

5aa33779675c9_20180121-OldExtremelyHighCIOutfit.thumb.jpg.e93ff50e5696018b25c0f79714fb5f25.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.