Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
MacmashPotato

Person donates money, and request ban.

Question

Ok so someone no one really knows shows up in our sim, donates 11k lendons, and then request ban, no one has banned them yet, but they have started going around harrasing everyone trying to get banned, to me this is very suspicious and im not sure what to do. We are a public sim and usually only ban when we need to, what to do? Should i ban them? Im trying to figure out what motive is behind this, it seems like a trap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
11 minutes ago, MacmashPotato said:

Ok so someone no one really knows shows up in our sim, donates 11k lendons, and then request ban, no one has banned them yet, but they have started going around harrasing everyone trying to get banned, to me this is very suspicious and im not sure what to do. We are a public sim and usually only ban when we need to, what to do? Should i ban them? Im trying to figure out what motive is behind this, it seems like a trap.

if you don't trust the source of the money, make a AR for that person. LL will look at it and take the money if it's gotten on a fraudulent way, or pay it to governor Linden, and tell that in your AR .. but if you don't, be sure not to use it till there's action taken by LL.

About banning the person... do as you like, as landowner you can ban or allow anyone you want to your land.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, MacmashPotato said:

What is an AR?

I am surprised a sim owner or someone of power within a public opened sim that accepts donations does not know that the standard short form of abuse report is AR.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@MacmashPotato People on sim do know this mysterious donor (me and Baiku both) we just happened to be asleep 5 hours ago and not available to confirm. The donor is a bit of an oddball and has done the same thing (donating to 2 places I personally used to admin and then being annoying as all hell and asking for a ban.) I can’t provide any proof to this but I trust his money isn’t fraudulent because I am personally aware of one of this person’s sources of income. xD 

So... this isn’t an issue worth worrying other residents over and I can discuss more details of this specific mysterious donor person further with you and the rest of sim staff in our Discord security staff channel. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Isolte Ember said:

but I trust his money isn’t fraudulent because I am personally aware of one of this person’s sources of income. xD

you can declare what you want, but donating 11k of L$ is not talking about money for buying some candy ... and you can only stand in for your own income, never ever for others in sl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -3
9 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am surprised a sim owner or someone of power within a public opened sim that accepts donations does not know that the standard short form of abuse report is AR.

 

 

Making sure buddy,  no reason to be condescending.

Edited by MacmashPotato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...